Dog leaks?

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

7+ yr old female lab leaks on her pet pillow and concrete patio. I have found odd stains on patio but could not identify. I suspected her. Yesterday I watched her curl up on the patio and within 5 min. she got up and left a very small puddle. I kept an eye on the puddle and as of this AM it has dried up but left a stain.
I am assuming this is urine and this her old age showing?

St. Simon's Island, GA(Zone 9a)

Talk to your vet. We have had three different dogs taking Proin, and that helped a great deal.

Acton, CA(Zone 8b)

Not necessarily old age.. even some 1-2 year old spayed females develop urinary incontinence... it is pretty easy to control with medication... either an Estrogen-like drug, or Proin works well, too (aka the old Dexatrim).

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

I am assigned to collect urine sample for vet. Off to my assignment!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Dog RX from vet is Proin 50 mg. 2x day. Is there a generic brand cheaper then $30 month?

Acton, CA(Zone 8b)

look up on the internet for phenylpropanolamine. It is normally pretty cheap.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

This 70 lb female black lab is taking 50 mg Proin 2x day. She has been on it 20 days. Her leaking has stopped so I am cutting her back to 1x day. Vet said play it by ear re: dropping dosage to 1x day. any advice why I should not cut back to 1 x day after 20 days of 2x day 50 mg ea.?

Acton, CA(Zone 8b)

use it as needed.. .can adjust dose up or down all you want (to a point- try not to overdose).

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Thank you. Now she needs RX help with wild & loud fireworks.

Hendersonville, NC(Zone 7a)

In addition to your Rx, you may wish to check out additional resources at the Handicapped Pet Forum. The members are very supportive and knowledgeable about a wide variety of pet health issues:
http://handicappedpet.net/helppets/

They have a "Incontinence & Kidney Problems" and "Senior Pets" sections on the forum. They are affiliated with the handicappedpets.com site which has wheelchairs for pets. If she gets worse, you can find great things like washable pet diapers, or this "stay dry" bed:
http://www.handicappedpets.com/sleepee-time-bed-for-incontinent-pets

I hope that she is past her problem now. If it worsens later, then you may find this great resource helpful.

--
Mary

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Thank you.

N.C. Mts., NC(Zone 6b)

Palm Bob is a Vet. and what he recommended is what my Vet. gave me for my Boxer. She started leaking when she was young.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.