Lilies are Blooming

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 8a)

My Lilies are blooming.

Thumbnail by weeding Thumbnail by weeding
Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

Beautiful.

Here are a few of mine that started blooming. I need more sun on them to excel though.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole Thumbnail by hcmcdole Thumbnail by hcmcdole Thumbnail by hcmcdole Thumbnail by hcmcdole
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

All the photos posted are very beautiful. I used to grow spectacular Asiatic lilies in our Decatur yarden. Alas, our current Sandy Springs house is too shaded while moles, voles, shrews and field mice are relentless here at Maypop. It's great to see photos on this forum again.

I think we have moles now... They are epic at my parents' house in TN.

Weeding and hcmc...can you post the names of your lilies? Epic moles are interesting to envision. We mostly have epic shrews. Our two dogs can hear them moving underground and are able to nail them as they dig. The dogs have put a dent in the population for the first time this past year.

I don't think I have the names on those lilies or the tag has faded. I've been buying lilies in bloom the last few years, ordered 103 from WFF, and may buy some bags locally.

My parents' yard is riddled with mole runs. I don't think I want my dogs digging for moles though - the youngest one can dig holes to China going after chipmunks as it is. A cat would probably be a better bet - less destruction? Unfortunately our last cat passed away a couple weeks ago from old age - around 19...

Thumbnail by hcmcdole Thumbnail by hcmcdole Thumbnail by hcmcdole Thumbnail by hcmcdole
Peachtree City, GA(Zone 8a)

MaypopLaurel, I can't remember the name of the pink and white lily but the orange is tango lily Halloween.

Thanks, Weeding. I love art shades in others' gardens. My garden is naturalized so solids or subtle shades look best. I might try lilies on the slopes of Maypop.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.