Found a nice combination!

Stroudsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

I love it when a combination comes together and looks fantastic. Dianthus Firewitch and Allium Schubertii turned out to be a winner. I think I will add some Elijah Blue fescue to mimic the blue foliage of the dianthus. Wait till next year..... I think I've been saying that as long as I've been gardening....

Thumbnail by rteets Thumbnail by rteets
Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

I agree, I love the look of the two plants together. Sometimes I'm surprised at how plantings come together, even if I didn't plan them to. I have Elijah Blue Fescue and I like its color as well.

Do you get rebloom on your Firewitch later in the summer?

Linda

Stroudsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Mine are only two years old this year so I have not gotten a rebloom. My best friend has them lining her sidewalk and they are several years old. She gets rebloom (not to mention lots of compliments!).

Thumbnail by rteets
Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

I had to dig up my Firewitch the year before last because some kind of grass had become entangled in it and was taking over the clump. I cleaned it out, and replanted it but my Firewitch is no where near the size it was before I dug it up. I'm hoping it will eventually regain the full size again in a year or so. I did get rebloom in the past but not last year.

Linda

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.