Unicarina flowers

Decatur, GA

U. roeoesliana and U. peltata. The roeosliana has the darker larger flowers.

Thumbnail by helenchild Thumbnail by helenchild Thumbnail by helenchild Thumbnail by helenchild
Camano Island, WA(Zone 8a)

Lovely again! Are these hard to grow?

Baja California, Mexico(Zone 11)

Nice. Here are a couple more Uncarinas in bloom at the LA arboretum and the Huntington. I was told the second plant flowers 10 months out of the year.

Thumbnail by Baja_Costero Thumbnail by Baja_Costero
Bradenton, FL(Zone 9a)

E Z to grow. Thy like full sun and water in the summer. Let dry in winter.

Thumbnail by turtlewalker342 Thumbnail by turtlewalker342 Thumbnail by turtlewalker342 Thumbnail by turtlewalker342 Thumbnail by turtlewalker342
Camano Island, WA(Zone 8a)

All of you, thank you for sharing your great photos. It's a beautiful plant.

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

I have the best luck here in Phoenix with Uncarina roeoesliana. It probably depends on where you live as to how easy they are.

Decatur, GA

Updates on my Uncarinas. I got a bloom on my U. grandidieri for the first time. Its a pretty big plant, around 24inches tall and needs a lot of water this time of year. I think MG helped too. Sorry the pictures aren't too good but I have trouble getting good yellow flower pictures.
I also have a seed pod developing (kind of interesting) on what I thought was a U. pelota (see above) but I am not too sure since I am finding pictures of their flowers as having maroon throats, the same as what I thought was the U. grandidieri. So it isn't as clear to me as I once thought.

Thumbnail by helenchild Thumbnail by helenchild Thumbnail by helenchild
Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

Wow, Helen, I love the seed pod. I've only seen in photos; never had one myself!

Decatur, GA

Me too Nancy. I will try and get pictures when and if it changes and matures.

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

Somewhere I seem to remember that those seed pods are treacherous. Be careful!

Bradenton, FL(Zone 9a)

The only safe way to handle them is with Pliers. If they get on you it is very painful to get it off.

The plant is one of my smaller Uncarina's and the pot was a ...... take guess. Came out one AM and their he has.

Thumbnail by turtlewalker342
Decatur, GA

Cute little opossum. I hope you let him go about his business.
The leaves on that plant look more like an Operculicarya decaryi although the trunk looks too smooth. Possibly an O. borealis

Bradenton, FL(Zone 9a)

The Operculicarya decaryi is in back of Uncarina but some of the branch's are in front of the Uncarina. That's why it looks like that. The little opossum was sent on his way to visit some other day.

Thumbnail by turtlewalker342

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.