Chloe is sick

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

I hope someone can shed some light on what is wrong with Chloe. She hasn't been eating like she usually eats and seems lethargic. Saturday morning she was limping - left leg. So I took her to the vet. Nothing noted with the exam, blood and urine are normal. They gave her fluids and an appetite stimulant.

We came home and she wolfed her food down. But she still seems off.

She has been throwing up - mostly hairballs. Her purr has become deeper. And she has an infrequent cough. She is not liking it when I pick her up. When I give her a treat - she seems to have trouble chewing it. The vet thought her teeth were okay.

Chloe is about 8 years old, strictly indoor, spayed and usually a delightful cat.

Any help would be appreciated.

St. Simon's Island, GA(Zone 9a)

Don't you hate it when you know something is wrong, but they can't figure it out? Just keep notes of her "off" behavior. Hopefully something will become clear.

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Elsie wish I could help. Will keep hoping for a swift recovery.

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Thanks so much!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Keeping good thoughts and prayers for Chloe. Please do keep us updated.

Rowlett, TX(Zone 8a)

Have you thought of getting a second opinion from another vet??

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

No I hadn't. But I really don't have any opinion from the first vet. She wouldn't know anything more without more tests.

Verona, ON

Sending positive thoughts for Chloe and you too Elsie.

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Thank you for all of your good thoughts. I had to put Chloe down today. The vet found a mass on her lung.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Oh Elsie, I'm so sorry. I know you will miss her but that you didn't want her to suffer. ♥

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Oh Elsie - I am so sorry! {{{Hugs}}}

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Oh Kris I am so sorry. Tears falling here also. She had the bestest life of any furbaby and now she is with all the other pets. Sending hugs and strength for you.

St. Simon's Island, GA(Zone 9a)

Oh, I am so sorry about Chloe. We lost 2 babies last year, and it has been just terrible. I know how much you are hurting, and please know my thoughts are with you!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.