July 2014 Hotter than a firecracker!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Hey all, I'm here but my computer broke down. I'm at Wal-Mart using the phone. Not sure when computer will be up again. Being a real turd. I'll catch up again when computer is fixed or replaced.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Pepper , there is a lot of that going on lately ..

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Oh Pepper that is the PITS! stop in when you can and at least say hi! We miss you.
I just hit a bonanza at home depot speaking of Pepper ;) They had a bunch of broken bags of potting soil and that rubber mulch I am putting in front of the potting bench! They were all 1/2 off which is great.

Love the pic of the butterfly and caterpillar. I haven't seen any caterpillars this year or haven't noticed any anyways.

Will you caladium bulbs are bigger than mine in the tiered pot. I probably need to fertilize them and see if that helps. Altho the soil has fertilizer in it.

gb I need you around to motivate me... ;) It is really getting dry here also. I have been watering but can't water everything cause we are on a well. We are cool temp wise but everything is really wilting quickly. The ground is hard as a rock cant pull weeds cause they are cemented in the clay soil!

Our white female duck today wasn't feeling so well DH said. I left early to take my car to get the oil changed. She seems fine right now. hummm.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Yes the caterpillar is awesome. Hope the duck is feeljng better happ. Green you are a canning lady. Good for you. I used to can and all. But had my fill of it. Its easier to buy them at the store. But not as good I know!!! Nothing is better than fresh. My mom used to do corn peaches, pears, applesauce, beans, jellies, tomatoes, on and on. So yummy. Long as you are careful. Have a good evening all.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Let this one go this morning ,, '
Went to pic up sister from the place ,,she's feeling better , but still complaining ,
Went to pic up hard drive case , no have backup , would not of given my old Dell away if I would of thought about it ,, backup hard drives ,, junk coms systems ,, laptops ,, so forth ..

Rained again last night here , warm now , sunny , hot ,, usual summer day

well one pic loads it is ,,lol it's a girl ,,lol I'm being silly now ,, so will try later

Thumbnail by juhur7
Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Last post on this thread and we'll be in August 2014. Here's some pics that I finally got around to loading. Then, I'm off to bed.

Thumbnail by greenbrain Thumbnail by greenbrain Thumbnail by greenbrain Thumbnail by greenbrain Thumbnail by greenbrain
Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Most recent garden pics.

Thumbnail by greenbrain Thumbnail by greenbrain Thumbnail by greenbrain Thumbnail by greenbrain Thumbnail by greenbrain
Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Here's some more. Male and female goldfinch came flying out of the cone flowers today. Sunny Knockout has beautiful large orange hips right now.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Still more to come. Late July 2014 garden/harvest pics. Put up several pints of blackberry jam and made a few smoothies too using the frozen berries.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

yummy, your gardening makes me hungry!

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Not finished yet. More plants and pickles. The irises in the white tire left foreground. Closeup of Nanking Cherry bush.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Hmmmm A Picnic , is sure sounding good about now !!!
Really nice blooms a food there green ..

My wanna be's so far ,,

Thumbnail by juhur7
Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Almost there. Some indoor plants that you may recognize. Cherry bushes on right of outdoor pic. Morning glories climbing fence.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Hey green , You brought the pickles and Cucumbers for a Cool Cucumber Salad , With A cherry on top .. yum
This is a fun Picnic !!!^_^

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

It's all that rabbit poo. Really makes veggies grow. Just different angles of the same garden spot.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

wowzers, gotta get me some wabbits!

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Last ones and good nite. Millie, the cat that Nicole rescued from the sewer a few weeks ago looks happier and healthier after a flea treatment and worming. My favorite harvest basket.

I love picnics! Who's bringing the ants? lol

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

The same garden back in April. I'm going to bed for real now. Thanks for all the encouraging comments. Hours of hard work which you all know about. Gardeners aren't wimps! lol

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Hello, I'm off to work and someone else needs to start Aug. please. It's not my turn. lol Have a great Friday and weekend. See you on the Aug. thread. : )

oH GB what a beautiful garden! Thank you so much for posting the April pictures it sure gives you an idea on what all have taken place. Gosh it is laid out so nicely. Wow you have alot to can and put up. But a great gift to your family for sure. Everything is so green and healthy. Beautiful.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Had afriend look at computer yesterday. He's never seen a computer do what mine is doing. So I'm out still til mon at earliest. He will bring his laptop over and see what he can do with some of his programs.

New month! Hope I did this correctly

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1370608/
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1370608/

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.