It's time to vote on our 2017 photo contest! Vote for your favorite photos of the year here!

What are your favorite Combinations?

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

It takes so much thought and effort to make plant combinations that are pleasing to the eye. You know, first those backbone plants we count on for continous color through the season that help tie things together, then adding in the edgers, mid-size and those special weavers and winders that find their way in and out and through the others. And it all ends up looking like one big (or not so big) painting, beautiful, effortless... At least we hope so.

Sometimes there's a lucky surprise, some groupings take years of trial and error. Some are contrasting, some a mix of tones...

Sigh... I have holes, and some sections are just plain boring. So I'm looking for inspiration... Please help!

1-Hosta Francee, Persicaria polymorpha , Angelica Archangelica

2 NOID Asiatic Lily, Geum Totally Tangerine

3-Thalictrum Black Stockings, Clematis Silver Moon- Clem just planted, should look much better next year.

4-NOID Lonicera, Clematis Ville de Lyons- 1st bloom for the Clematis

5- Tulipa The First, Daffodil Tete-a-Tete... Love the hint of yellow at the base of the tulip. I'm hoping it naturalizes. What doesn't show in this pic is the brilliant red Quince nearby.

Thumbnail by Pfg Thumbnail by Pfg Thumbnail by Pfg Thumbnail by Pfg Thumbnail by Pfg
This thread has 762 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!