Isabelle "Izzy" the giant shih-tzu

Lyndonville, NY

I am posting this here, because many of you are no longer on the How Was Your Day thread
but were with me along my journey with Isabelle, from when I brought the little girl home at
age 4 weeks...thinking she was part shih-tzu....to find out when she grew to 95 lbs she was
really part Newfoundland.

Izzy had many issues during her life, and sadly, yesterday, Isabelle went to the Rainbow Bridge.

She had been having some serious health issues for the last 8 months, we thought we had them
under control, but it wasn't to be.

Yesterday I had to make the decision every pet parent hates....and say good bye to my best friend.

Izzy was 8 1/2 years old, and the best friend I could have asked for. She stood by me, was my
light during many dark days and changes in life.

Thank you all for being there for us during the tough times....and laughing with us during some of her
escapades.

Izzy leaves behind her kitties.....Huck, Franky, Dex, Lexi, Daisy May.....and of course Axl Rose.

AND many DG family that loved her dearly.

Thank you
Debbie aka DebbiesDaisy

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy
Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Debbie, she really was the cutest shih-tzu.

Hugs, Loretta

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

She certainly was a beautiful girl. She is pain free now and running free. You were a wonderful mother to her and she knew she was loved. hardest thing to do is set them free.

Huggs....

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

I am glad I got to follow I got to know Izzy from the first time I heard you were going to get her. That precious little Shih-tzu.

She had the best family ever and knew she was loved.

Hugs,
Susan

Mequon, WI(Zone 4b)

Oh Debbie, I am so sorry to hear this. Hugs to you.

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Deb so sorry. I love the 4th picture. It is one of my favorites. Just remember you were the best mom for her and gave her more love and support then many would of. She is at peace now and watching over her beloved Family.

Hugs and puppy kisses

Vicki and Ty

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

I am so very sorry Debbie! Such a hard thing to say good bye to such a good friend..but now she is running free at The Bridge.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Big hugs for you, Deb. What a beautiful dog she was! ♥♥♥

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

{{{Hugs}}}

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}

Sandy

Lyndonville, NY

Thank you so much. I sat here and read all of Izzys threads, back to 2005 and the things she did.....and ate....and Oh, no wonder I have been so frazzled. That girl kept me on my toes.

I miss her so much. The silence in this house is horrible

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

I know Debbie! Something you never forget! Even if you fill the void.

Hope each day is a bit better.

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

So sorry for your loss.

Thumbnail by momcat
St. Simon's Island, GA(Zone 9a)

So sorry, Debbie. Words just don't suffice.

Rowlett, TX(Zone 8a)

Izzy was a big part of all of our families and we are all feeling the loss with you. Thank you for letting us be a part of your and her life.

Lyndonville, NY

Don't tell me animals are not smart...and don't know.

This morning, I went to pick up Isabelles ashes and the urn.

The vets office made a "in loving memory" of Isabelle with her paw print on it
on a sheet of paper.

I came home, sat them both on the table to put my stuff away. I turn around,
and there is Axl Rose.....first I thought "Ohhhh he is going to spill it."

NO, he sniffed the paper...cried....and started rolling on it. He smelled his
puppy.

Tears.....

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Awww! Don't make me cry before I have to go to work! Poor Baby!

Loudonville , OH(Zone 5b)

(((((HUGS)))))

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

Tears

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Aww Debbie.

St. Simon's Island, GA(Zone 9a)

The day we lost Shiloh, Ginger spent the rest of that day and the next under the bed. I know they understand something has happened.

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Oh Debbie!!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Give Axl extra scritches. Poor kid misses his mom.

And yes... animal are very smart.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Yes, and they definitely do grieve.

Glenview, IL

Tight tight Armwraps to you Debbie and Izzy.
I sure feel your sadness and after reading am sniffling hrre too.

She was so Beautiful a friend to you.

Lol, my favoritr story/ pics are of her greeting you in the drivers seat after your being away.
Her love will always be with you.

Waaaay Down South, GA

Debbie,
I'm sooo sorry I didn't know about this. You were so supportive and right there for me when I lost my Kota. I haven't been posting lately and am seeing this for the first time. I'm just crying tears for you and am sending prayers of comfort.

Hugs&blessings as always!

Lyndonville, NY

Thanks so much....just happens today is her birthday. She would have been 9 years old.

I am struggling big time, but know she is without pain and in better place.

Hugs,
Debbie

Waaaay Down South, GA

{{{ }}}
I cried whenever anyone spoke to me. I lost her on February 5, 2010, and if I hadn't received Moses in August, I don't know what I'd have done. I'm sending prayers that your heart can heal. Sometimes it takes longer ... Hugs dear friend.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.