farewell to Corkie

Belleville , IL(Zone 6b)

Had to have my oldest and best friend Corkie put to sleep today. She was having a hard time moving around and especially getting her back legs to cooperate in getting to a standing position. It was agonizing watching my old friend lose all love for life.
She would have been 15 years old in November. I never would have thought she would have lived such a long life. We got her when she was six months old and we lived in Alabama. She came back with us to Illinois with the rest of our fur family. She always gave me something to smile about with her antics.I will surely miss her and shed tears for her for a long time. Now it is my husband's Bob's turn to meet her at rainbow bridge and take over. He died in 09.
Thanks for the memories, Corkie Oreo.

Thumbnail by Windy
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I am so very sorry for your loss.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Picturing the happy reunion of Bob and Corkie. ♥♥♥ I know you will miss her terribly. She was beautiful!

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

{{{Hugs}}}

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

So sorry for your loss. What a great reunion that will be.

Emerald Hills, CA(Zone 9b)

So sorry you've lost a family member...

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

((((((Hugs)))))

Belleville , IL(Zone 6b)

Thanks for all your well wishes. Feeling sad but have such great memories to cherish forever.

Mesilla Park, NM

I am so sorry. I have not been able to post since my Dusty passed away a couple of weeks ago. It has been too hard and I know how you feel. I'm so very sad for you. (((((Hugs)))))
A.

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Windy, I am so sorry. I'm sure the reunion will be a grand one. (((HUGS)))

Mantua, UT(Zone 4b)

I know the feeling of loss. I'm so sorry. I guess when we give our hearts to a fur baby we leave ourselves open to separation at some time. I do know that our beloved animals will be with us when we pass also. There is a scripture about that and I believe it with all my heart.

Belleville , IL(Zone 6b)

Thanks for the sympathetic ears. Her cat is getting over her loss also.

North Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Dear Windy,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved fur baby, so sad that your kitty is at a loss, too.
It never gets any easier, does it? Especially after losing your husband, too. I'm sure they're
together at the Rainbow Bridge running and having pain free fun.

We lost our beloved Sasha last July, 2days before my birthday, but we got a new Australian
Shepherd male puppy a month later we named Oliver, (Ollie). We couldn't stand the emptiness of our house and hearts.

Our sympathies go out to you.
Peace, Diane

Belleville , IL(Zone 6b)

Sorry for your loss also, Diane, and thanks for caring.

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

I'm sorry for your loss Diane. Corkie was a pretty girl! :-)

Moose & Brute

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.