Cezanne is really good

(Zone 4b)

We have many clems in our garden and they are all pretty established and it just kind of struck me that "Cezanne" is an outstanding smaller clematis. I realize that it has been in bloom for over 5 weeks (not nearly as many flowers as in the beginning but still enough to add something to the garden) and the flower color is wonderful and varies nicely depending on the age of the bloom.

Anyone else feel similarly?

I think I will try to find space for another one next year.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I don't have that one but it's clear you're enjoying it.

(Caitlin) Fresno, CA(Zone 9b)

Pics please!! =)

(Zone 4b)

Sorry for the too long delay:

Thumbnail by rouge21

That's a nice clear blue but the five week bloom time is a great feature. Is that one of the smaller/shorter clem's?

(Zone 4b)

Thanks 'pirl'.

Yes it is a smaller growing variety. I have it climbing up part of a cedar hedge and it gets maybe 4 feet tops. Also it does well for me in less than full sun.

This message was edited Dec 24, 2014 8:39 AM

Enjoy it. It's so pretty.

Clem's don't fade much in partial shade.

Natick, MA

Rouge,
That's gorgeous!
I planted my first clematis (Nelly Moser) this fall and have always wanted one. Hoping it will do well and would add another clem

Perham, MN(Zone 3b)

Thanks for that Cezanne recommendation. What a gorgeous shape and color! It's really very blue, and good to know it does OK in part sun. I read a description that says it's a 3-footer. (We all know those given heights vary somewhat depending on circumstances.) Because it's a Type 2 it would be marginal on its early bloom in my area - Zone 3b if it's a tough winter, and we've had a bunch of those lately - but what a lovely plant for obelisks and to cover short fences, any place a little warmer than here.

(Caitlin) Fresno, CA(Zone 9b)

Gorgeous! Thank you so much for the picture. Love it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.