I want to get my tattoo removed, any suggestions..

delhi, India

I didn't listen to my mom when she said not to get a tattoo done on my forearm. I got a big dragon starting from my shoulder to touching my wrist. And now, I want to get it removed as I am entering into a new corporate job next month and it doesn't look so suitable for the place. Also, it is difficult to hide it at the forearm!! Plz help me and suggest a few good options or tattoo removal treatment providers.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7a)

I'd urge you to consult your physician for some guidance. Tattoo removal can be
tricky and if not done carefully can leave scars. Yours covers a very large area
and you don't want to make things worse. If you have a slightly darker skin
coloring any scars would be lighter and visible but hopefully fade and blend in
with time.

I wish you the best of luck

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I agree with June. My daughter had a small one removed from her hip a few years ago. It was one color. It took many trips to the dermatologist because they like to do only so much and then let the skin heal to minimize scarring.

There are different levels of laser technology with newer lasers being more effective and less scarring than older ones. I'd suggest that you seek either a dermatologist who specializes in tattoo removal or a plastic surgeon with the same expertise. I'd also ask to see photos or meet patients and inquire as to exactly what laser equipment is used to be assured it is the most current.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7a)

Excellent advice, Maypop. My thought was that a physician who knows this girl could refer her to a reputable dermatologist or plastic surgeon. She is in India and resources may be different there than in the USA. It's so easy and tempting for the young to get tattoos but when regret sets it so does the reality of removing them, not to mention the expense.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.