PICS FROM CONEFLOWER GARDEN TWO....

East Uniontown, PA

Here are some views just taken today from my second coneflower garden.....I wanted to make it different than number one....I included shrubbery, a couple grasses, a groundcover, a mounded green lace Japanese Maple in honor of a dearly departed loved one, a hanging basket and a container.....Coneflowers here that ARE NOT in garden one are 1....In the back but not blooming--TIKI TORCH.....2.....2 BRAVADOS.....3.....MILKSHAKE.........4...PALLIDA, THOUGH DIMINUTIVE.....5....JULIA....Not bloomimg, lower right.....6...ORANGE ADOBE......7.....5 LILLIPUTS GROUPED IN THE FRONT MIDDLE.....8....SOMBRERO YELLOW....9....POW WOW WILDBERRY (PINK)....10....DOUBLE SCOOP CRANBERRY.......Of course there are a couple BLACK EYED SUSANS and a big beautiful CHEYENNE SPIRIT, but I have one of those in number one.....NEXT YEAR this garden will hit full stride as a lot of it is still young....My best wishes to all.....Chuck .........Pics are DOUBLE SCOOP CRANBERRY and ORANGE ADOBE...

Thumbnail by kingconeflower Thumbnail by kingconeflower Thumbnail by kingconeflower Thumbnail by kingconeflower
East Uniontown, PA

Adding one more pic from side...

Thumbnail by kingconeflower
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

King, your beds look great. My coneflowers right now are fried because of our dry heat. But I have cut them back and they will regroup and bloom again right around Christmas if it does not get to cold. We are heading into the mid 90s. I am more than ready.

Natick, MA

Lovely! Your photos now and a few weeks ago have made me want to add more wildflowers to my garden!

East Uniontown, PA

. Thank you!!....The coneflowers certainly add a lot to any garden....Next year, I am going to plant some in masses, like around 5 or more of the same kind , prob. in the back, and a taller variety...Summing it up now and looking back, my best and longest performers were Cheyenne Spirit, Ruby Giant, Pica Bella, Virgin, The 2 POW WOWS I had(Pink and white ones), Pink Poodle,Virgin, and Milkshake....Of course the old standbys are good most of the time----Purple,Magnus and Prarie Splendor....Remember that you're in a different zone, and prep. plus the soil and amendments mean so much....Take care and good luck...

Athens, PA

Love these photos, King. I am looking forward to seeing pics of your gardens this growing season.

Natick, MA

Me too! I have ordered a few different varieties and am wintersowing several other types this year...You have inspired me, king!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images