4 Obstacles to Decluttering & How to Beat Them Part 3

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

I can get lost for hours in fun things.

Crozet, VA

Greetings to All - Remember me? I used to hang around different chats on Dave's but sadly haven't done so in over a year now. I am here today to first of all apologize to lovetopaint about not staying in better touch than I have been able. Please know Debbie and others that Dave's folks all play a big part in my life and I have really missed the chats and friendships I have developed here. Not a day goes by that I don't think of at least one person at Dave's and often will think of some of the great get-togethers I have attended in the past.

I chose to start here today because later in the week I am planning at least a day long de-cluttering session. I have a girl friend from out of state who will be in town this week and she has promised Thursday to me as a day to tackle a room that has served as basically messy storage for over a year now. The official title of the room is lounge, but lounging is the last thing that the room is currently set up for. My bad.

I know that some years back when I undertook a major de-cluttering project, I relied on the folks here to cheer lead me along. The chatters here served as great support and helped keep me motivated until the job was completed. That was a couple of months long process and thankfully the house isn't in the condition it was at that time, but this one particular room needs my help soon.

Very unlike myself, there are often mornings when I wake up and look around at my surroundings and get a knot in my stomach because of things not being the way I want them to be. So, the time is nigh. I plan to get busy on that room and then work to not allow it to get in that condition again. I am hoping to find the same great support here that I found then.

In closing I will say that now that I have finally sat down and written this, I am excited to begin communications that I have so missed. I hope that this finds everyone having a super duperl Saturday and I look forward to chatting soon. Take good care all.

Ruby

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

Well Hey Ruby
I have asked after you and hoped all was well. Glad to see you back and glad to know you haven't got so efficient that you didn't need this discussion forum 😉😊

Good luck with the emptying of your lounge !

Let us know how it has goes

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Ruby how great to hear from you. Don't worry that it has been a long time since we heard from you we are just glad to hear from you now. Good luck with the lounge.

Newark, DE

Rosie - great idea! I will Dmail her and see if she will post it here. In the interim, lookie what I found....6 pages...some good ideas and some...ehh... but worth looking..

http://www.remodelaholic.com/2014/10/how-to-use-old-windows/p1oj54pB8hhWgwEU.32

RUBY!!!! Tired of playing phone tag since you were "it" when I called you last? LOL How wonderful you have joined us again!!!! If you scroll back just a couple weeks, you'll see the time I was thinking about you and first called, the rest of the girls here were asking about you, so we ALL missed you. Welcome back girlfriend!

Yes, you and I have had many discussions about the lounge and I am so glad you are finally going to get that room back. I know it will be so nice, since you have already started with the basics before the store inventory took over. It's going to be great and you know we will all be here for you! If you check your older emails you'll find a couple from me too, but at the time you were busy with the store. Drop a line anytime...and as always....HUGS!

Newark, DE

Okay girls, I Dmailed her and asked her to post a pic here. I hope she does. It is gorgeous!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thank you for the invite
Coincidence that I've had girls over lately working on Windows, mirrors and free art pieces.

Today one of the girls (1st time crafting)after making 3 windows decided she wanted to do more as Christmas gifts. Linda my cousin researched windows and found someone selling about 40 so off RonnaLea went on an adventure..I wold like 10 in addition to rounded top windows a man has for me, pick those up next Sunday

They are whimsical and fun

I do different styles

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Someone gave me 2 old windows, one would think they should have dropped them off at the dump but not I

Made a love entrance into one of the back gardens

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Decided top it solar lights on the 4x4's and a solar lady inviting guests in, pretty at night

Had an old mirror so added bobbles and glass dragonflies I fired in the kiln..makes a nice piece

Victoria Harbour, ON

Because I do stained glass I've mega left over glass to do various projects..I made a cement bench and covered it with glass, been out in the snow and freezing temps, has endured the elements

Had a few neighborhood girls making stepping stones

Victoria Harbour, ON

Few more windows we did then off I go, don't want to take over the thread

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Few more

Also had glass blocks left so made night lamps

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Betty so nice to see you here. Just love those garden gates and the mirror is so inventive. I always enjoy seeing your work.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Love the window ideas, bettypauze.

RUBY!!!!!! So very good to touch base again. Think fondly of you. Glad you're gonna have some company with the lounging area. It's always more fun with more hands.

Betty - everything looks so nice and inviting.

How did you attach the windows to the posts on the garden gate?

I love you choice of colors. M will the glass stick on the cement bench with e 6000
Then did you grout it in with a weatherproof grout ? Will regular tile grout ( for showers ) do?

Newark, DE

Betty - thanks for posting your pictures here. They are ALL so lovely! I think the one I may have seen was the one hung in "landscape" on the porch. I would have sworn the one I saw was painted though, but it has been a long time..... so I guess I may have "sometimer's" disease. LOL

I am jealous! I have always wanted to do stained glass and mosaics. Seems you do it ALL! Oh and those painted linoleum rugs are awesome!!! That I can do and plan on it.

Thanks again,
Debbie

Victoria Harbour, ON

I do paint windows, perhaps it was one I painted, mostly given as gifts

For the beach I attached each piece with clear silicone, let cure for 48 hours then grouted with regular floor grout

The large window I used e6000 glue on each piece including dollar store alleys, let cure for 24 hrs then grouted it with regular grout

The ones I did with dragonflies were just glued with e6000 once I cut and fired then as to soften the edges

As for the windows I used as an entry into one of the gardens I used a 4" strip of 1" wood
2" screwed onto the window frame and 2" on to the post

Thanks for the invite

Thank, I was thinking flat metal right angles..for the windows on the posts.. The wood is much simpler. I always overkill.

Newark, DE

It could be, Betty - but really - everything is gorgeous. Thank you again for posting the pics here. I like them all and love the pair of windows as entrance idea!

Crozet, VA

Me again ladies....thank you all for the warm welcome. I see that one of my all time favorites here at Dave's, BettyPauze has shared some real lovelies. Wow!!! Still at it I see Betty.

I have had a rather rough week and just now feeling like writing. Doubt I will go back any further on this site, but I do appreciate thoughts from everyone. Today is day that friend is supposed to come but if I don't feel a bit better when she calls, I might call it off for this week at least.

I will be super thankful to any input from any of you. I am anxious to get going on the room but feeling lousy isn't the time to do it. I will keep everyone updated as to my progress or lack there of.

Ruby

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Yes, Hard to get the energy when you are feeling bad.
I go for my shot today and then 24hr of rest and then I should be completely pain free and back up and doing a few small things in the garden.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Praying for both of you dearies.

Yes. Me too

Newark, DE

Me three!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Starting to get ready for our trip to Alaska next Sat. I got my second shot that is all there will be for a month or so. The shot definitely did help again but I am not as good as I was after the last shot. Definitely not pain free but much better. I know I will have a great time and see a lot no matter.
When I get home I will have Kathy my house keeper come back. We have about 2 weeks between home coming and the Garden Club picnic (approx 60 people). My son Josh is going to come over and help move a few things around and set up, the day before. The Garden Club Hospitality Committee will be doing a good bit on the day of. Ric has arrangements with one of the bigger boys in the neighborhood to come and help with a few jobs. I don't think he realized that school will have started so he won't be able to come up during the day but he will get a few hours of work out of him. My neighbor will come and help me with weeding and what ever I need. I have started lists already. We are trying to get as much done before we leave as we can without stressing our poor broken bodies, we want to be in as good shape as possible when we leave.

Have a W O N D E R F U L time!
Don't think about what you have to do at home when you are on vacation.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Well although there is a lot to do most of it is pretty well under control thanks to Ric.

He is a good guy and partner in crime!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Yes he is. I am so lucky that he is a gardener and loves to show off his gardens. He wants them to look as good as possible same as I do.

Newark, DE

Glad to hear you are better Holly. Do take care in what you do and don't reinjure yourself, so you can enjoy such a wonderful trip. I have always wanted to go to Alaska and someday....maybe I will. Be sure to enjoy all you can and relax in knowing whatever chores left undone at home can be done when you get back. Enjoy the time there!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Today I am working on cleaning up the utility area. Mostly it just needs organizing. There are a lot of potted plants that are waiting to be given away or to be planted in our gardens at a later date. Some are just seedlings. I went thru the pots about a month or so ago and discarded any pot that hasn't shown any signs in life all summer long. I put a good size dent in it then but there is still more to do. One whole side has wisteria snaking out across it and I have cut most of it out this morning and removed it. I am going to clean and organize the potting shed and get rid of potted plants that no one has wanted. I have tons of potted mint, maybe I will put a few of them out front with free signs on them and see if they disappear. Don't worry, I am taking it easy and not lifting. Anything that needs lifted I wait til Ric comes by and have him move it.

Newark, DE

Hey girls.....

Our posts are now over 300 again and I have seen on Dave's that beyond that, causes problems for some. So I started a new thread...part 4 .....and it is here

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1403675/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.