Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Someone?

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

I have never heard of this one. I have never had any luck with collars, but this may be different.

sorry I couldn't help.

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

I've never heard of it either. I would ask your vet.

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

I use Comfortis.....cheap enough from the vets office.. works well for dogs and cats.

Hendersonville, NC(Zone 7a)

We try to not put anything on our pets; however in the height of flea/tick season, we often have to resort to either topical drops or a heartworm/flea combo pill.

For household treatment, I prefer to use an "Insect Growth Regulartor (IGR)" product. see my post here: http://handicappedpet.net/helppets/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17859

Here is an snippet of that post:
"... I prefer: "Precor IGR Insect Growth Regulator 1 oz bottle". It is a concentrate which you use plain water to dilute. I do not like the pre-made sprays (which smell awful). I prefer to mail order the concentrate, rather than put up with smell of the other. Also more economical! You can also get a 16oz container, which usually runs less than $60. The 1 oz bottle is usually under $10, and is often available bundled with a "professional" pump sprayer with wand for a little more.

Good Luck.

This message was edited Apr 1, 2015 9:13 AM

East Tawas, MI(Zone 5b)

I have never heard of that name or product before either. I use the advantage drops for my pups. Used to get them at the vets, now I buy for cheaper on ebay.

I have heard many owners say... garlic, sprinkled on food - given as pills but truely don't know how well this works.Then again, I have heard if YOU take the garlic pills or eat enough garlic it will keep the skeeters off you.

Hendersonville, NC(Zone 7a)

We used to use a garlic-flavored "anti-flea" remedy for our dog when I was a kid. I do not remember it working worth a hoot, as I was the one who had to wash the dog in flea shampoo regularly. I remember thinking, oh good, natural rather than chemicals.

Last year when we switched vets, they asked me to bring along list of products fed/used on my dogs. I'm glad I did, as I was surprised to learn that one of the new bottles of yeast tablets contained garlic. I had not even noticed the small "with garlic" on the new bottle. After a little research, I decided to throw away that barely-used bottle -- something I almost never do!

http://www.petinsurance.com/healthzone/pet-articles/pet-health-toxins/Garlic-Toxicity-and-Pets.aspx

Below is snippet from
http://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/poison/garlic/

"Poisonous to: Cats, Dogs

Level of toxicity: Generally mild to moderate

Common signs to watch for:
Drooling
Nausea
Oral irritation
Vomiting
Diarrhea
Lethargy
Abdominal pain
Elevated heart rate and respiratory rate
Weakness
Exercise intolerance
Collapse
Pale gums"

If I understand the info correctly, the toxicity is not necessarily from a single large dosing, but builds up over time, and is worse for smaller animals & cats than for dogs.

--
Mary

Acton, CA(Zone 8b)

Seresto is a product I have not used before, but familiar with the ingredients- Flumenthin which is just an insect growth regulator… super safe and keeps fleas from being able to make more fleas, and Imidacloprid, which is basically Advantage. Both very safe products for both cats and dogs.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.