Time to vote on your favorite photos. The Voting page is Here

Winter 2014

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

I think we need to have a place to post our Winter pix. As you can see from all of my pix, I have a lot of deal flowers/leaves to remove - as well as a lot of potting up to do! So, consider these my "before" pictures. I figure I'll be able to work on them next week, as I only work Monday and Tuesday.

Thumbnail by Syrumani Thumbnail by Syrumani Thumbnail by Syrumani Thumbnail by Syrumani Thumbnail by Syrumani
Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Here is the rest of my pix . . . I included my aloe plant, just to show how I started watering it . . . it is loving it!

Thumbnail by Syrumani Thumbnail by Syrumani Thumbnail by Syrumani Thumbnail by Syrumani Thumbnail by Syrumani
Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

Ya got some pretty bloomers there Nichole ;) Do did you wick the aloe with the same mix as the A.V.s? Pretty cool :)

Connie

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Thanks, Connie . . . Aloe is still in the pot I bought it in back in spring. The soil just seemed to dry out so fast here, and I have those thick wicks I never use, so I thought . . . Why not? Give it a try. Seems to like it so far. Soil is still moist, and the water doesn't just evaporate.

Saco, ME

Hello Friends,

Well, as you may or may not know, I am a lady of leisure for a while and have decided to spend the day playing around and doing the things I like to do.
So with that being said, I thought I would share some blooms to hopefully brighten your day and maybe share why it is they have survived the first large cut of mother plants I made recently when I gave 8 away to a lady at work before I quit.
1. Spirit Warder - Although a larger grower for me as a semi, the flowers are out of this world and non stop.

2. Kentucky Princess - Just LOVE those leaves and she holds her cute and rather elegant flowers high above her leaves. Very stately.

3. Little Britches - Not easily tamed but the salt and peppered flowers make her a keeper so far.

4. Imp's Christmas Wrap - Leaves only a mother could love and flowers that are so feminine and pure.

5. Imp's Christmas Wrap (closeup) - Here you can really see the ruffles and various shades of cotton candy pink. So pristine.

Thumbnail by KimsKreations1 Thumbnail by KimsKreations1 Thumbnail by KimsKreations1 Thumbnail by KimsKreations1 Thumbnail by KimsKreations1
Saco, ME

I have 5 more pictures ready and a few more to take. Enjoy!!

6. Morgan's Heliothrope Fairy - I just LOVE the leaves on this girl! VERY robust and wavy. Not many blooms right now but I can imagine she will be beautiful when she is covered. Very unique flowers too.

7. Morgan's Heliothrope Fairy (closeup) - I love the shading of the purple and glossy look to the flower.

8. Roller Rink - Cute little mini Chimera trailer. Just love the playful look of it.

9. Morgan's Angel Band - I love the name because I have an angel and the flowers are so unique and chutney like. Flowers only a mother could love.

10 Morgan's Angel Band (closeup) - I am a real softie for anything pink and green.

I'll be back with more shortly; had to charge the battery *lol*

Thumbnail by KimsKreations1 Thumbnail by KimsKreations1 Thumbnail by KimsKreations1 Thumbnail by KimsKreations1 Thumbnail by KimsKreations1
Saco, ME

Here we have:

11. Cherry Princess - Nice shape and form and a beautiful Chimera that is just joyous to have.

12. Imp's Magic Swirl - Love how each flower is different and love many of the Imp's so it stays with it's siblings.

13. Rob's Hippity Hop - First blooms for this girl and I just loved them so I think each blooming is going to be better.

14. Rob's Hippity Hop (closeup) - Love the details of the flowers.

Thumbnail by KimsKreations1 Thumbnail by KimsKreations1 Thumbnail by KimsKreations1 Thumbnail by KimsKreations1
Saco, ME

Somehow the pictures messed up above and I can't figure out how to fix them but picture 11 is Imp's Magic Swirl and picture 13 is Cherry Princess. 12 & 14 are both Rob's Hippity Hop. Duh me *lol*

OK, moving on.....

15. Winnergreen - OH MY what a little gem! The flowers had me at hello. I just LOVE purple and green together and this girl is so dainty and a feminine to boot.

16. Winnergreen (close) - I love the "broccoli" head design of the buds. She is going to be LOADED with flowers soon. Precious.

17. Rob's Cloudy Skies - Nice full pompom like flowers in varying blue hues. Very pretty in person.

18. Rob's Cloudy Skies (closeup) - Hard to capture the real beauty of the shading.

Thumbnail by KimsKreations1 Thumbnail by KimsKreations1 Thumbnail by KimsKreations1 Thumbnail by KimsKreations1
Saco, ME

Are we having fun yet?

I can't tell you how nice it is to get up every morning and check on all these babies :) They really start my day out right :)

19. Rob's Kid Wheezy - I just love the playfulness of the blooms on this guy! Each petal looks hand painted!

20. Rob's Kid Wheezy - A real VanGogh

21. Rob's Boondoggle - LOVE the pile of lush dark leaves that holds the tiniest of the tiny flowers. A real fairy's dream come true!

22. Rob's Boondoggle - A flower you MUST pick up and get a closer look at. One can only appreciate the fine details by holding close and losing oneself :)

Saco, ME

And last but not least.....

The ever beautiful and graceful:

23. Shirl's Hawaiin Lei - The foliage alone is stunning but the thumbprint flowers stick out amongst the pack.

24. Shirl's Hawaiin Lei - Closeup of the thumbprints.

Well, that will wrap up our photo shoot for this thread today.

Now off to do an update photo shoot of the seedling crosses!

Oh SO MUCH FUN!

Thumbnail by KimsKreations1 Thumbnail by KimsKreations1
Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

Here's a shot of my currently blooming 'Bob Serbin'! REALLY like this one. Grown from a leaf.

This message was edited Dec 13, 2014 2:20 PM

Thumbnail by tommyr2006
Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Looks great! I had a Bob Serbin once . . . someday I may have the space for larger violets again!

Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

Very pretty Nichole,Kim and tommy .Keep those pictures coming please!

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

Great eye candy!

Lynn

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

It's official . . . I'm in for another year of AV's . . . I finally renewed my AVSA membership online, as well as the update for FC2. Seein's how I haven't updated since March (or was it May?) of 2013, I'm looking forward to the update!

Saco, ME

Nicole, SO nice to get updates huh? SO many new beautiful varieties :) Enjoy.

Here are a few shots I took today:

The first 3 pictures are Morgans Queen Jane's Crown

The 4th picture is a semi-mini chimera Rob's Whatever

This message was edited Feb 15, 2015 12:46 PM

Saco, ME

This is another semi-mini chimera named Rob's Monkeyshines.

Think spring everyone!

Thumbnail by KimsKreations1 Thumbnail by KimsKreations1 Thumbnail by KimsKreations1

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.