Farewell to MA

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Well, kids, the time has come for me to migrate down to Florida with my DH Brian. He will be starting a new job down there in January in Orlando. I will be giving up my Saugus hilltop garden and my new sunroom for the Sunshine State. I will keep on DG however and keep up with all of you great NE people but I will be adding insights from down South. I have already downloaded th FLIPP {Florida Invasive Pest Plants} list to get me started. Nifty bedtime reading.
Thanks to DG I can stay in touch.

Martha

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh my, Martha! I will virtually miss you, lol. I moved to Texas and came back--are you planning to return? Too sad to leave your sunroom, after all that careful work. Have a great time making new friends and learning new facts about FL. Do stay in touch, please!

Thomaston, CT

You'll love FL in the winter, Martha......very hot & humid summers....I attended U of Miami one summer.....in our Village's home, we stayed to April 1st, & it started to get hot....this year, however, I was in Sarasota the last 2 weeks of March.....cold & rainy! So, you'll have a mixed bag, & be able to garden much longer........guess you'll not miss the NE winters! Good luck!

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

My hubby has a job starting in January in Orlando. It is a great opportunity in his field where he really wants to be. He was just laid off from his old company a few weeks ago. His other choices were not really what he wanted to do. I will take the florida climate as a plus. I will miss my sunroom but not the need for it aka MA winters. I will have a whole sun property. We are looking for a single family home with a bit of property so all my houseplants {which are nearly all tropicals} can reach their full potential. And my hubby wants to dump 1 hour + commutes forever.
Martha

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

There's a lot to like about southern places. I swam all summer, 4-6 times a week, and then weekly or so in the fall at our apartment building. It's possible in New England but you have to be committed.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

enjoy FL martha

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Woohoo!! New gardening adventures. Enjoy your new home. Best wishes

South Hamilton, MA

Perhaps your tropicals can live outside.

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

I would certainly hope so! I have a giant {for here, anyway} pony tail palm, a bougainvillea which bloomed beautifully all summer and a white bird of paradise which I may live to see bloom yet that I can't wait to get in the ground in FL. Several cacti and succulents as well.
will send pictures when the time comes.
Martha

Thomaston, CT

The house that my stepson is renting in Sarasota has a white bird of paradise......about 10-12' tall!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images