Old Barn Roof Tin

Oakwood (Butler,TX), TX(Zone 8b)

Our House is almost finished after 6+ years we have used a lot of recycled/upcycled items in the building. What I find that I have usen in many rooms is old bar tin here are a few pictures of the way it was used some are the rusty side sone the good side
This is a Bath room, Guest Bed Room, Living room & Kitchen

Thumbnail by denimangle Thumbnail by denimangle Thumbnail by denimangle Thumbnail by denimangle
Englewood, FL

It must smell nice with all that cedar, in the first pic, is that hunk of plywood going to be a window or a mirror?

The room has no window .. so I ask Hubby to build one in the wall & back light it ..I have a window from a old house that Im going to do glass on glass mosaic on

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Tell me about the painted blue strips of wood. Are they recycled gym floor? Or?

lol yeppers that what it is .. I bought 1000sqft of this 3/4" maple gym floor $1.00 a sq ft ... 3 years before we even started to build the house ...

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Very nice. Love the red commercial stove and accents.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Finally got back on this forum. You and hubby have done a beautiful job at bldg. your home.
It will be one of a kind which I'm all for. I don't like having a home that looks like something you see every day. Individuality is very inspiring.

In our lifetime we have MAJOR remodeled 3 homes and I don't want to do it anymore. Been in our present home 46 years and hope you two enjoy your new home the same. We intend to go out of this house on a slab hopefully. Home is where the heart is and you have certainly put your heart into your home.

May you enjoy it for a long time.

Bonnie

Thanks Cville & Bonnie
Im with you Bonnie this is the last move for us too way to old to ever stare another ....lol it would kill us

Englewood, FL

a friend picked up a truck load of free hard wood flooring from a roller rink that was being torn down, he spent a whole day cutting it into small pieces to burn in his fire place, then he found out that finish on the wood will put off poisonous smoke when burned. That required a trip ( to be politically correct) to the local recycling center & land fill.
I still call it the dump.

WOW what a waist of good floor .. it has other uses here too like picture frames

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

How sad to put that in the dump. I can think of many uses for it. Oh well nobody called me first

Bonnie

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Cheryl, your home is beautiful!

Thanks Linda

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

I am so happy for you and hub. Success is so near and just think of all the places in the house you can look at and say "we did that ourselves".

It really is a lot to be proud of. Self satisfaction has a lot of meaning to me. I always thank the Lord for giving us health to work on projects we so enjoy.

May you enjoy the fruits of your labor for many years to come. Than you for sharing your building journey with all of us.

Bonnie D.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.