DIY Cement Cloth draped planters

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

How To Make DIY Cement Cloth Draped Planters

Old cloth + cement = Flower pots! Can you believe how simple it is? Here is the instructions, but basically you simply take used clothes, soak them in cement water. Then drape them over a stand and let them dry. And lastly, paint them in your favorite color to get your beautiful planting pots. Have fun!

Read more: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1384106/#ixzz3OC5lrXho

Thumbnail by Buttoneer
Englewood, FL

I like that, I'm going file that idea in the back of my mind (lots of empty room back there) for a future project.

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

I never tried this. It was sent to me on FB & I decided to share with DG.

East Tawas, MI(Zone 5b)

love it

will have to try it

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

OH my!!! I LOVE that! I can see some lovely old dollies becoming planters. I think dollies are beautiful but have never liked the traditional way to use them. NOW I see some ways that I would LOVE! Can't wait to share some with friends.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Looks like a great way to use ones that had stains, too. I'm thinking that it would be possible to salvage some that would not be suitable for the table.

IF you have never worked with cement, do read the precautions. You NEED gloves, it can really chemically burn your hands and you won't know it at the time of damage. Also wear mask and eye protection, do not breathe in the cement dust.

I used to love to make cement benches, stepping stones and other garden products. I still have my molds but have not done any cement in quite a while now.

Here's a picture of one of my early benches before I mastered the technique of getting the bubbles out! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=4074441

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the warnings and the link. I think the bubbles give it more of an aged look and extra personality. Would love to do benches one day.

(Bev) Wytheville, VA(Zone 6a)

This blog post may help with the cement soaked cloths, and possibly a few ideas of what can be made:
http://www.walkerswayweeds.com/experimenting-with-cement-soaked-cloth/

Thumbnail by Sundownr Thumbnail by Sundownr Thumbnail by Sundownr
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Very cool ideas!!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Bev does good work.

Thanks for the kind comments, and I really hope y'all found some ideas and inspiration from the article. It's an extremely easy, cheap, and fun medium to work with! I'm still playing with the cement soaked cloths and having a ball!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

very interesting. Nice projects in your pictures!

Englewood, FL

I found this picture, they can be made by using 2 different size plastic bottles & cement.

This message was edited Jun 30, 2015 11:50 AM

Thumbnail by ifantail
Englewood, FL

I forgot to add this picture.

Thumbnail by ifantail

those are really nice!

Oooh, I like those!!

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

What an inspiration!!! Beautiful

Post a Reply to this Thread