Kitty Caps..........do they work

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

Have any of you cat owners used the "Kitty Caps Nail Caps"? The SU said this morning that if we were thinking of taking our two "Terrorist" kittens in the new RV with us they would have to be de-clawed. I said we were NOT going there. Then I happened to think of these little gadgets. For the most part, the reviews seem to be in favor, but there are always cats here and there that don't adapt or are able to get them off.

Soooo.............tell me!

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Anna, never heard of them. What are they? Might be something to look into for my cat before she rips the whole house down using it for a scratching post. I don't like the idea of declawing either.

waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

I've heard of them but don't know anyone who has used them. Fiona has been pretty good about sharpening her claws,but there is one chair in the spare room that she dives for any time the door is open. We have mostly leather or hard/smooth fabric which she doesn't bother but that chair is fair game. I know you have to keep replacing them. Or learn to clip, which there are special little scissors for. She tolerates clipping but gives me the stink eye the entire time. I have to mummy wrap her to do it. I'd be interested to know how long they last.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

same here as Sheila... I thought of getting them when Charlie was a kitten, but never needed them. So far, we've been lucky and our house furniture has not been scratched up... though we did have 1 sofa sleeper in the Park Model that Chu shredded the arm... maybe he knew it was a POS and we were getting rid of it....

do a google for "reviews"
I'm sure you will get pros and cons

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

More pros than cons. Just wondered if anyone had used them so I could get more of a "personal" opinion. Next time I get to Madison I will go to Petsmart or Animart and get some and try them. Might help with curbing the affinity for climbing the screens on the patio doors.

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

My cat scratches the molding on the bathroom door when we are in there. She scratches the molding on the slider when she wants in. But, I am afraid those would drive her wild. She would pull he nails out trying to get them off.

waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Would you put them all on at once? I don't know if that would be worse than doing one at a time, but if you did it gradually maybe it wouldn't be so offensive. I don't think Fiona would tolerate it at all.

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Your cat, Fiona, probably wouldn't, and I know my cat, Tiger, wouldn't. LOL, I think the names tell a lot don't you? LOL

waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Yes, true. She is sweet and loving but when she's on a roll which is several times daily, you wouldn't want to tangle with her!! Even the other cats know enough to flee when she wants to wrestle or chase.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

i think the main issue is probably getting them on... once in place, I bet even feisty cats would ignore them. I don't like painting my nails, but fingernail polish doesn't bug me. (well, not until it starts chipping LOL)

"Soft Paws" is another brand I've heard good things about from breeders.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.