Geochelone sulcata

Andrews, TX(Zone 8a)

Anybody have tortoises?

Thumbnail by Kbh69
Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

I do. His name is Graham and he is Leopard Tortoise.

Andrews, TX(Zone 8a)

Yay! Sorry for the late reply! It is my understanding Leopard tortoises are much shyer than Sulcatas and don't dig as fervently? They sure are beautiful.
In regards to housing: What type of outdoor enclosure do you have?

Thank you so much for responding!

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

a wooden enclosure that has rebar placed all around it. In the winter he stays inside in a 20 gallon aquarium

Andrews, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

My husband died Friday morning..sorry if I sounded gruff.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

I'm sorry to hear that, melvatoo. I hope you are doing okay?

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Not real well. Phil took care of everything and it is all password protected can't even use his phone.
Have a friend helping me..Rodney is his name.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

That's a big adjustment. I hope Rodney can help you get things to where they are manageable. It does take time.

Dahlonega, GA

My son inherited a baby desert tortoise that is 23" long now .
He (it) sleeps in a fenced yard with a building that has a heat lamp . Can't dig because the ground is rock , if he could .
Melvatoo , So sorry you lost your husband . Praying things are straightened out soon , enough trauma as it is . Warm thoughts and hugs .

Dahlonega, GA

My son inherited a baby desert tortoise that is 23" long now .
He (it) sleeps in a fenced yard with a building that has a heat lamp . Can't dig because the ground is rock , if he could .
Melvatoo , So sorry you lost your husband . Praying things are straightened out soon , enough trauma as it is . Warm thoughts and hugs .

Andrews, TX(Zone 8a)

Just read this....have been out of pocket.
I am deeply touched by what I have read. melvatoo, please accept my deepest condolences. I feel badly for not having been more responsive? I don't check threads as well as I should. Despite the delay, you are most assuredly in my prayers. I hope peace comes your way soon.

Busy escaped today...... Found her in the compost. Figures.....

More tortoise talk later.

Be well all.
Kiley

Dahlonega, GA

Hoping things are coming together for you . Think of you often , Hugs .

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.