Spring Round Up 2015

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Hey Folks! Spring is on the way, and I was thinking that it's time to get organized for the Spring Round Up. I think that I should have started sooner last year.

Any DG member who wants to join us is welcome. This is a great opportunity to meet other gardeners, swap seeds, plants and other gardening stuff. It's a blast talking with others about your experiences in the garden.

We also plan on having a potluck so if you enjoy cooking or just eating, please let me know.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in attending or just has questions please post.

A lot has been going on here at the farm this last year. I have a lot to share about my gardens. More on that later.

I was thinking about what date would be best, so how does May 2nd work for everyone?

WIB~

SW

Arroyo Grande, CA(Zone 9a)

I'll put May 2nd on the calender as the possible date.
I'm working on some new cuttings, so I'll have some different plants this year.
I'll keep the round-up in mind when I start seeding again and do extras.

Winnetka, CA

Hi Julie,

So nice of you to host again... I am open to any dates. I would probably bring along either my daughter or hubby so I'd have to coordinate with their schedule ... I'm easy as long as it's on a weekend as I'm working during the week. So i'll wait for all the dates to be thrown out and discussed and try to work around it. The main concern I have is what I could bring along to share. I'll start thinking about that also. 'Spring is in the air...' :-)

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

I hope Shorty gets in touch with you Jules and wants to come out so I can hitch a ride with her. LOL I hope all her family matters have been taken care of she can enjoy gardening again.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Samigal, why don't you talk to your son about bringing you out. He might just enjoy the hammock that Darwin liked so much. :-)

Nice to hear from you Nancy. :-) Whoever you want to bring is fine. We can talk about food when we have a better idea who will be attending.

Dee, I've been busy planting the passiflora. I have only begun to plant seeds. I shouldn't have to travel for the next few months, so I will be here to make sure that they get watered. Sadly the koolaid plant died. :-( I have a hard time understanding why the kids just can't do the chores unless I'm standing over them. Sigh . . . .

For you newbies, Don't Be Shy! We promise to share (foist off on you) lots of plants. And seeds too. You don't have to have plants to trade this year, tee hee. Next year I'm sure that you will have lots of plants for trading. :-)

Oh yeah, if anyone has any empty plastic pots, well, I could use some.

I have my sister coming out from Texas this week to visit with Mom. I'll try to post some plants that I have for trade, but I may not be able to post in a timely fashion.

WIB~
SW

You know what, I don't think those were Kool-aid bush seedlings. They look more like oh I don't know, maybe some kind of herb. Psoralea should have needles for leaves. What a disappointment. Well, I'll keep looking for seeds. I hate that, when you get bad seeds.
I just went in on some round little 4", they look more like 3" to me, pots. If you like some of them I got 500, so I have tons.
Dee

I just went to Annie's Annuals online and they have Kool-aid bush! I ordered two, one for me and one for you. Yahoo!!!

I'll talk to my son about coming out there, I'm sure he would love the farm. He usually spends his weekends with his girlfriend and don't know if he will give up one Saturday. LOL As you know I'm just getting back into thinking about gardening so don't have anything to share at this point. I have gathered up some of my pots for planting some seeds and that's all. My son likes to garden (not the pulling weeds part) but he is into veggies and no flowers. Have you heard from Sylvia? Wow, a kool-aid bush, what next! Still trying to de-clutter my back yard from DH's junk, believe me it is a huge job as he saved everything and any thing. Going to Annie's Annuals and look at that kool tree.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Dee, You are so sweet! :-)

Samigal, I do hope that you can talk your son into coming. I haven't heard from Shorty or Sylvia either.:-(

I just found out that the first Saturday in May, that we have to be at the homeowners meeting that day. How about April 25th or May 16th? I really need to get a definite date.

Been trying to get seeds planted, weeds gone, but I was delayed by my sister's visit. Our Mother isn't doing very well. I really enjoyed her visit, but sure was tired out.

Our friends the migrating Ducks showed up a couple of days ago. I am enjoying seeing them. I am also enjoying seeing all the wildflowers too.

More soon.

WIB~
SW

Either one works for me.
We don't get migrating ducks, not enough water.
I we did see a great horned owl today on our property . . . how cool is that!

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

That is so cool Dee. I just love seeing owls. I know that there are some in our area, and am thinking of building an owl house to encourage them to move over to my place. :-)

Let's plan on April 25th for the RU then.

We can start talking about plants we have for trade now. :-)

I have to go out and check on things out by the root oak. We are having a wedding rehearsal there today. The wedding takes place this Saturday, right after the Boy Scouts are done with all their activities. Busy weekend coming up.

I planted several flats of seeds yesterday. I am fighting off snails and slugs in the greenhouse.
I had no idea that they like Milkweed so much. I will be planting more soon. I am looking for some gourd seeds if anyone has some to share or trade. Last year the squirrels managed to eat most of them. Sigh. I am a determined gardener though, and want to try again.

I will check in later,and start listing some of the plants that I have.

WIB~
SW

Plans are still on for coming out to Menifee. I'm looking forward to visiting again. Just so I don't take another tumble out in back yard. Bruises don't look good on me.

Looking for some plants I can bring.

I'll bring some of the Bletilla orchids, I have extras and they are so cool. I also have some different geraniums than last year. Jules do you have any interest in Agaves? If so I can list them so you can pick, I have soooo many babies and they are attractive out on a hillside or in a grouping. I have some seedlings too, epiphyllum guatemalense, and I'll have to see what else is up and growing by then. And of course I'll bring the seed box, I always have extra seed and by then I'll be sick and tired of planting them, LOL.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Sounds good Dee. I am trying to figure out where I can put a succulent garden. Maybe you can help me find a place for one when you are here. The orchids sound nice too.

Spent the last few days working on the BEES gardens, and the tunnel which was full of weeds. Seems as if I have developed an allergy to fiddleneck. Which is a weed or a wildflower, depending on your point of view.

I plan on getting into the greenhouse and gardens to see what I have. I do have some papyrus plants that I got out of the pond if anyone is interested. I know that I have a lot more, but gosh I've been busy.

I ordered a bunch of different kinds of gourd seeds yesterday. I'll share some if you aren't too tired of planting. :-) Still planting seeds here. :-)

WIB~
SW

Just a thought, since I have lots of Birds & Blooms magazines (I never get rid of great books) and so many have articles about butterflies. If any one is interested in these magazines, let me know. I never get tired of looking at the pictures, but I can't keep on saving everything. I let my subscription expire, hoping they will give me a better deal.

I had some gourd seeds, but have no idea where they ended up. Maybe I planted all of them, but had no luck.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Hey Samigal, thanks for the offer of the Birds & Blooms. :-) I still subscribe to it myself. Although it's not as good as it used to be. I like to paint birds, and the photos stay still.

Don't worry about the gourd seeds. I got it covered. I need to list some plants, and apologize for being busy doing other things.

The RU is coming up quick, and I am looking forward to seeing everyone. :-)

More soon.

WIB~
SW

Winnetka, CA

Hi all,

I was speaking to hubby about the RU yesterday and was very disturbed to find out that April 25th is the day his racing group is having their annual bbq. I am still trying to figure out a way to get out of the bbq and out to the RU, but I can't say for certain that I can beg off yet. I'll keep you gals posted. I was really looking forward to meeting everyone. Keep your fingers crossed for me to work it out.

The California water rationing will probably create havoc on my gardens. We are on a small urban plot and much of my gardening is done in pots which of course means I water fairly regularly. Last year was rough on the gardens and the neighborhood looked awful.... most of my neighbors just let everything go... which of course only means that the weeds thrive because they never seem to need much water. So in turn... that meant I spent a lot more time weeding and for very little beauty... it's sad. I was hopeful that we would get a lot more snow this year in the mountains to help with that.

Julie... it sounds like the word is out that your farm is the place to be... so many butterflies! It makes me happy just reading about it on the butterfly forum... very cool.

Speaking of that I have seen some butterflies but it's hard to ID them... they look like monarchs but I don't believe they are... I can't get close enough to see the wings... possibly Gulf Fritillaries - I don't recall see the black bands with the white spots... but they are hard to get close to as I've been seeing them through the window and by the time I get outside they are too high for me to see. Whatever they are... they are starting to come so it's hard to leave every day for work knowing I am missing them! I also have tons of white butterflies... are those the sulfurs? Also moving around so fast I can't ID them.

Well... just taking a quick lunch break here at work and trying to get caught up on the threads... better get busy... I hope you all have a lovely day in the garden! Nancy

I have had a lot of Gulf Fritillaries, and the white butterflies too. What's been really fun are the hummingbird moths. I had a couple of what I believe were very young ones out on the lantana yesterday. They were so fun to watch, kind of clumsy, unlike their adult conterparts that can fly so fast it's hard to keep track of them.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Hey everyone, we had an exciting morning. I should probably postpone the RU. We had to take DH to the ER. He is home now, and resting. He is kind of sensitive about his health problems, and being that he is the kind of guy who doesn't say anything when he isn't feeling well, we'll it led to the ER trip. He will be receiving treatment at home for the next week. Hopefully when he sees his DR. next week his new meds will be working.

Which is okay,since he needs to rest. It's going to rain this week, and it gives his Dad a chance to work with the crew on the bees. FIL will be supervising the crew, and we are sending both boys up to Bakersfield to help out and learn what they need to do.

Given your news Nancy, and mine, would the weekend after Mothers Day work out for everyone? That would be Saturday, May 16th.

Dee and Nancy, I suspect that most of the white butterflies you've been seeing are really the Orange Tip Butterfly. They do move fast. The orange ones could be Gulf Frittilary or Painted Lady. Both are out and about down here anyway.

Sulphur Butterflies are more solidly yellow. :-)

Aren't the Hummingbird Moths fun? :-)

I don't know what to say about our water situation here in CA. I am pretty sure that I said a lot on a different thread about how to conserve water and still have a nice looking yard. I am a proponent of mulch instead of a grass lawn. I'd much rather spend my water on the kitchen garden and my flowers. Can you use the washing machine gray water to water your potted plants? Putting the plants on drip irrigation helps too. I heard one lady collects the water from waiting for her shower to get warm, she uses the water for her flowers. She says she collects about 5 gallons per shower. I might try that myself. I am just not sure that I can lift 5 gallons of water. Not to mention the space it would take up sitting in the shower.

I guess we are all happy that we are going to get some rain. I am glad that I don't have to water for a couple of days. I am glad that the rain will extend the bloom time for the sage, and will fatten up the buckwheat and other nectar source plants.

I'll keep everyone posted, and I hope that the new date will work out for everyone, if it doesn't, well suggest another.

Okay, I am tired, but will check in tomorrow.

WIB~
SW

Jules, sorry to hear your DH is having some health problems. He looks so darn healthy you would never know he was ailing. May 16th is fine with me, will have to let Tim know so he can tell his girlfriend. So looking forward to coming. Jack, rest and get better, your wife and family need you and so does your farm.

I am looking forward to rain, if it comes. I've been trying to clean out a front flower bed and what a chore. Grass & weed roots must go down to the center of the earth. Should never have left it go all this time, just lots more work.

Saw a picture of a rare succulent on facebook called Albuca Spirals, Looks just like a cork screw bush all in green. If we could get a hold of some of those seeds that would be wonderful. I noticed that my neighbor on the corner has planted a wheel barrow with succulents in one corner of her yard in front. Looks so nice and she has a couple gnomes sitting among them. She works so doesn't do much gardening but really knows how to show off what she does have and right now succulents are the way to go with no rain in sight.

Was up around 4 this am, Tim had a 6:30 appointment for a colonoscopy and an upper GI. No polyps, but has an hiatal hernia and they are doing a biopsy as his stomach is inflamed. Now I should go lay down and see if I can make up a couple of those lost hours..

Jules - Sorry to hear about the hospital trip, hope he's feeling better now.
I'm still checking into the new date. I have some company coming in May from out of state and I don't have it on the calendar so I'm going to have make a call or two to pin down a date.

Pegi - Albuca is a interesting genus. I'm growing some Albuca namaquensis from seed this year and have a few 2" tall seedlings I'm babying. I may have to get my friend with all the seed connections to find us some of the Albuca spiralis.

Dee, would be great if your friend could locate some seeds for us. Really an interesting plant and think I have to have one if not too expensive for my budget. You know just everything about plants so I know who to contact if I need help. Hoping the new date will be OK with you.

Hope Jack is doing fine Jules, it is always scary when you have to make a trip to the ER.

I think we got a little rain during the night, but always not enough to make the plants happy. Skies are clear now so probably won't see any more rain.

The 16th of May will work for me. Company isn't coming until the end of the month.

Winnetka, CA

Hi all...

I am so sorry about your husband Julie... hope he is feeling better now that he's home. I will certainly check into the new date... sorry for the reason... but glad for the change. -:) I'll keep you gals posted.

The Albuca Spirals are a south african plant... Annies Annuals used to have them as they offer many plants from that area, but sadly they are not in production at this time. I hope you can find some Samigal as they are adorable and likely fun to have in your garden. I understand they are a hybrid and thus the amount of spiral varies from plant to plant. I imagine they would be very pretty in flower ....

Funny you should mention the hummingbird moth Julie as I saw one on Tuesday... at first I thought it might be a baby hummer... but after watching for a bit I realized what it was. They are so unusual to see her that I was really delighted to have one in my backyard.

We save water from everywhere that we can get it. My son thinks I am certifiable as I am always out when it rains placing buckets anywhere I see a good amount of run-off and/or just right out in the yard collecting whatever rain I can. I have a bucket under every downspout coming from the roof and do use greywater and water from cooking whenever I can. I too have the issue of not being able to haul anything too terribly heavy... otherwise I pay the price for weeks afterwards with my back... but as you all know... we're all a little intense when it comes to our gardens... -:) but in a good way... LOL!

I have a lantana in the front of my house growing in a planter that has completely taken over... I really need to get out there and trim it back, but every time I go out the moths and butterflies are all over it and I don't have the heart to trim it... it really is taking over though and I need to get serious about it as it's now growing up above the windows of my son's bedroom!! It's the most amazing yellow color... a saturated yellow that is very pretty. It was given to me by a DG pal who lives in South Carolina and it's the prettiest lantana I have ever seen. The pollinators just love it so the nectar must be sweet. I wish I had a bigger yard so I could transplant it and see how large it would get. Right now it's about 4' high and about 5' wide and still growing - if I can come to the RU, I'll bring some cuttings.

Yesterday my pink carnation was full of blooms and smelled so nice... I hope to see some butterflies visiting it tonight when I get home.

Enjoy your gardens today.... Nancy

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Nancy, your garden sounds lovely. The blue Milkweed Dee gave me is blooming. :-)

I do hope that the new date will work out for everyone. Please let us know when you find out.

DH bought me some micro sprinklers today. He goes in to see his Dr. tomorrow, and we hope that everything checks out okay. I made sure that he got plenty of rest, and he didn't do anything too strenuous.

I didn't get much done in the garden last week. The kids helped me to divert and trim the passiflora in the greenhouse. It was trying to take over.

I really need to make a list of the plants that I have been collecting for the RU. I am going through and finding all kinds of wonderful plants that volunteered to grow for me. :-)

Is anyone interested in papyrus plants? I have some big clumps if anyone is interested in them. A word of warning about them, you should keep them in a pot in your pond. It's easier to keep them controlled that way. I have been finding some wisteria that rooted too, if anyone is interested let me know so I can pot them up, okay? Otherwise I'll probably end up yanking them.

We had a pretty traumatic opening to the Farmers Market yesterday. As one of our vendors was waiting for opposing traffic before making a left turn into our parking lot. She was rear ended by a pickup truck. That spun her around and she ended up in front of our mailbox, but facing the across the street neighbors place. The truck spun around a couple of times before ending up straddling the double yellow line in the middle of the road about 100 to 150 feet away from the impact site. Then the car that the vendor was waiting to pass, before making her left turn into the driveway, well they tried to avoid the spinning truck, which they did, but they slammed into the poor lady in the van, and sideswiped our mailbox before coming to rest on the far side of the van also facing our neighbors place. The man in the truck was extracted from his truck by the Fire Dept. They had to use the jaws of life. They transported him first, to the hospital. After they got the vendor out of her van, she was also taken to the hospital. The young couple in the car were a little shook up, but uninjured. All three cars were totalled.

I am always upset when people get hurt or die in front of our place on that road. I'm upset with the city for changing the speed limit to 55mph after I had gotten it lowered to 45 mph. People are constantly speeding on that section of the road. I guess I have to start complaining again.

The road was closed for 2 hours because of the accident. Some of the other vendors left because the customers couldn't come into our gate. The accident happened at 8 in the morning, and most people show up after they get out of Church. Once the Fire Dept. finished sweeping up the debris, and the road was reopened, people started coming in to the FM. We even had people pull in just to eat lunch. It was nice.

Today I was out transplanting more seedlings into the BEES gardens. I just wish that all the seedlings would hurry up and grow faster. On the other hand some stuff is growing too fast. Like weeds!

The only advice I have is for people to water wisely. Even DH is talking about giving up his beloved lawn. Only water what really matters to you. Check for leaks, and repair them. Speaking of which, one of the vendors ran over one of the watering stations and broke a pipe. We are getting tired of having to repair that particular watering station. I am going to have my son plant a heavy duty galvanized pipe next to the watering station so they won't do that again, and they will also be able to see it better with the pipe sticking up.

It's always something.

WIB~
SW

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi everyone, I have some photos of plants to share. All of this group are labeled except for the Medusa's Head succulent. Most of them are annuals I'm planting for the butterflies. Hopefully you can read the labels. Took these photos with my iPhone.
More soon.
WIB~
SW

Thumbnail by SingingWolf Thumbnail by SingingWolf Thumbnail by SingingWolf Thumbnail by SingingWolf Thumbnail by SingingWolf

Looking good Jules. I put my scabiosa stellata in early and the leaves get huge, much larger than other scabiosas so give them plenty of room when you plant them out. Your medusa head looks great, I wonder if mine will ever get that bushy.
I'm having lots of fun with our new seeds.
I thought I'd see what everyone is interested in. I have geranium starts, some succulents, red epi cactus, Agaves, silver squill, white zephranthes, Bletilla orchids, and I'll bring my share seed boxes.
It would help to know what people want me to bring. I have lots of extras of the above already in pots ready to go.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Dee, I already planted some of my scabiosa stellar, but I did space them out.

I was doing my morning snail check this morning, when I decided to take a flat of the Maypops out to get acclimated, when a small frog jumped on my hand. It startled me so that the flat went splat. I was able to rescue most of the seedlings, but am frustrated by my clumsiness.

All the plants you listed sound interesting, rain lilies, yes! I like the ones you gave me so much that I am encouraging them to spread. They are perfect for the border in the greenhouse. I would give a red Epi a home, I do like the silver squall, its a nice well behaved plant that does well in containers. The one you gave me a couple of years ago is coming back from getting frost bit, so I am okay with them. I would like some Bletilla orchids please. And any other plants that you think I'd like. :-)

Honestly, if you want something that I am growing, LMK, and I will try to get you a cutting or seedling and in some cases an actual plant.

I got behind in the seed starting category.

Say Dee, do you have any more Pride of Barbados seeds? I think that they aren't going to come back from the snow we had. Some plants looked like they were going to be okay, and then they died. Sigh.

Well, I have a lot to get done today. More soon.

WIB~

SW

I never can remember names of plants, but all of them sound so interesting. Does any one have a start of a Mexican petunia? I was getting my hair cut & permed yesterday and my friend has so many nice plants, that I may have to take a U-haul over there and bring them home. She had a pot of petunias just waiting to bloom and I really fell in love with it. And, she gave me a large cutting of a plumeria, a red one, and it has a slight bend in the branch and don't know if I should plant as is or cut it so it is straight before I think of planting it. Can't wait to get all the junk off my patio so I can set up a stand to put a lot of plants on. Just hope I keep on getting motivated.

I'll check for the "pride of barbados" seeds. I have a few others that might be good for your desert environment, I'll see what I can find.

Jules, don't yank one of the wisteria plants out, I'll take one. Just curious to see what I can do with it. I did try and starts some seeds, but so far nothing. I notice my neighbor whose back yard I see from my kitchen window, has a hollyhock blooming, it is so pretty. I planted a couple seeds and it looks like I may have luck with that.

Hope Jack gets good news from his doctor. I have to go in today for a repeat on my mammogram, when they want you to come back it makes me a little nervous.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi,

Yes, I have Mexican Petunias, and of course you can have a couple. They breed prolificly, and most came back after being snowed on.
I wish Sylvia could come. I have a couple of cone flowers they she likes.

Had to transplant the wisteria. It was growing in my hibiscus pot. I am finding lots of plants growing in places I know that I didn't plant there.

Thanks Dee. I am getting concerned that last year's mystery plant is never going to sprout. Common name is the Candle Tree. Do you have any seeds for them? Or any other senna plants?

I was thinking about the Medusa Head plant. She is so cute, and its time to give her a hair cut. Dee, I think I will pot up a few, and leave the rest for you. I am running out of empty pots again. Would that be okay?

Samigal, DH is doing much better. :-) I do wish he would take things slower, but he is back to work full time. I guess I should be thankful for the lack of rain. Not as much to do this year, compared to a normal rainfall year. Hey there is rain in the forecast for next week. :-) We need a couple of inches for us to have a good year. Pray for rain!

I digress, I am almost drooling over your new red Plumeria. Good score sweetie. I am happy that your interest in gardening is reviving. :-D
I have a couple of Hollyhocks in pots from last year, still waiting for me to fix their bed. YS promised he'd get that done for me this week. I have hollyhock seeds if you want some.

Hope everything goes well on your second mammogram.

That's all I have for now.

WIB~

SW

Oh joy, on the Mexican petunia plants!! I'm not having much luck with hollyhock seeds, so think I need a few from you. I'm praying for rain too, we need it so bad.

Had my mammogram done (left side only) then they did a sonogram then a doctor came in to see me. He said everything was fine, no problems. He said they do more compression and they can tell more. Well, let me tell you all I could say was OUCH. I don't want to have to go the doctor or hospital for a very long time.

Our local 99 cent store had some vegetable plants, just tomatoes, hot peppers & eggplant. I've never seen veggies for 99 cents so I took one tomato and an eggplant. Can't beat that price for a nice size plant. Going to plant zucchini and then that will be it as far as veggies. I've been locating a lot of pots and brought them in to clean up, now as long as I'm feeling good I have to get some planted. I want my patio back so that means I have a lot more cleaning to do.

I got my hair cut short and a perm so I'm almost ready to come out to Menifee.

Jules,
I have what I think is a cassia of some kind, we did the seeds to this one like last year. I have an extra plant in a gallon pot with your name on it. I also just checked my new seeds on the mat and all six of the "desert bird of paradise" germinated. So cool, I remember this one from southern New Mexico, it's a real beauty. I'll bring some along, they will do better in your environment than mine, I'll need to find a really sunny unwatered spot for them in my yard.
Looking forward to escaping my home. This was just a lousy day. My car didn't pass smog, the neighbor feud ampped up a notch, and Jim is stressing over our new job. Just one of THOSE days I guess.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Well, at least you didn't have to spend the afternoon in a chair at the Dentist. Although your mammogram sounds vicious too, Samigal. On a positive note, we don't have to do that again for a while.

Thanks Dee. I really do appreciate you taking the time to look for me. I am sorry that you were having a rough day. Why are your neighbors upset now? What did they do?

Are you going to bring Jim this trip? You guys are always welcome here. :-) As much as I love it here, there are times I just have to get off the farm or go nuts.

Samigal, I'll get some Hollyhock seed started in peat cups for you. You went and got your hair done? Just to come visit with us? I am so happy that you are pampering yourself, and looking forward to the RU! It will be grand to see you, and get your impressions on the changes around here. :-)

My face has a date with a heating pad.

WIB~

SW

Ah the neighbor story . . . I'll share that one with you when I get there. Jim won't be coming, he's a stick in the mud and blames it on our little old yorkie who cannot be left home alone.
Sorry you had to go to the dentist, I had my teeth cleaned last week and that was enough torture for me.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Sounds good Dee.

I am so sad. I had two flats of started Maypops and they all shriveled up and died. I'll try to replant, but it won't be as full as I'd hoped. Sigh.

Samigal, you'll be happy to know that I got your Lilac transplanted and it looks good. :-)

I've been going through my gardens, and am not sure what you all could use. I am going to be digging up some rooted HoneySuckle. Let me know if anybody wants some.

I repotted a bunch of the Queens Tears today, but plan on trading most of them this weekend at a local plant traders group. LMK if anyone wants one.

I know that I'm forgetting a lot of stuff, but I haven't been feeling well since I went to the Dentist last week.

More soon!

WIB~
SW

Thumbnail by SingingWolf

Samigal . . . guess what I have for you, an Albuca Spiralis! I'm not a religious person but it is amazing how you can just put the word out there for something you want and all of a sudden it's sittin' in your lap. At any rate I have a couple I'll be bringing to the Swap, and they are even cooler in person.
I should get a picture, I'll try to remember tomorrow.
Here's my latest blooms and butterflies.

Thumbnail by Domehomedee Thumbnail by Domehomedee

Oh Dee, you are amazing!! Never did I think I could own an Albuca Spiralis. Can't wait to see it. God does work in mysterious ways! Ask & you shall receive seems to be working for me.
Beautiful blooms, you really are passionate with your plants.

This is the 4th gloomy day in a row and I'm tired of it. If some rain would come with it I wouldn't mind so much. Wish I could spend more time playing in the dirt, but can only do that a short time before I have to rest. If, when I rest, I start reading I may not get back out to play. I can't seem to stay in one area at a time to clean, I'm all over the place and never get much work done.

Yeah it's been overcast here too. I put in new iceplant starts in my front yard yesterday, seemed like a good time to do it. I grew them from seed, they are a white flowering delosperma. I hope they make it through the winter, Dave's Garden says 10a, that's a little warmer than here. Today I went to the Chiropractor, it's a spring tradition.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.