Morning Glories 2015 #03

Gautier, MS

Thanks LK. I'm going to be getting most I hope into the ground so I won't have so much to take into my gh in the fall for winter.

Göppingen, Germany(Zone 7b)

I've got a two more I. Ochracea pics from my bedroom, featuring the beautiful spring sun outside (true lens flare, no photoshop filter ). Pic three shows that the I. Lobata in the temporary kitchen (the main thing is still not finished...) really started to bloom inside, about 8 weeks after germination.

Pic 4 is totally unrelated besides showing that there's only early spring outside. This Heleborus orientalis started out as a wild seedling somewhere in my mother's garden - no idea how it got there since the next H.O. I know is 3 Gardens and one side road away - it obviously pays not to weed everything you don't know instantly ....

Thumbnail by pmmGarak Thumbnail by pmmGarak Thumbnail by pmmGarak Thumbnail by pmmGarak
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

HI All. Beautiful blooms, Helena and Garak, all I have blooming here right now is the yellow clematis and white purps. It is a strange Spring for sure, the nanking cherry is in full bloom with a few daffys under the pear tree blooming, tulips have not budded ye. no sign of my viriginia bluebells, it might be too early yet. It has been a very dry winter so that might be part of it. The wisteria still no buds, and the lilac setting leaflets. Monarda and obedient plants are popping up
the chinese white lilac is all leafed out, but the old fashioned pear and the redbud still budding.

Caitlin , I have had i nils pop up from winter, as well as the mile a minute, the wild blue hederacera and the purps, so don't give up, stick some more seeds in and you can tell which is which by the seedling leaves. post some pics we can guide you.
no sign of any pandys, or passion vines, and the clematis is still dry.
That is the news from Kansas, when the violets are all abloom I know it is really Spring, and they havn't bloomed yet.

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

I had my mexican Iapetus bloom today! And I have a few baby morning glories sticking up from the soil!

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Love the Salvias Helena,
My Camelia is blooming and a few daffodils.
Wonderful that your mg's have germinated Linda.
Hope you get some beautiful blooms to enjoy.

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie, a little cool this morning but I'm leavings plants where they are outside.

I have 2 camellia bushes too Jackie, one I keep cutting back to keep it small. I did see azaleas buds on one of my bushes.

I'm enjoying my 2 hummingbirds in the garden today.

Jackie, that is a pretty bloom!

We have about 12 hummers here so far. Sure wish I could find a nest. Would love to see them lay their eggs, and raise the young ones!

Thanks ladies.
Expecting some hummers in a week or two.
Another cold front coming thru so may be a while.
Linda, their nests are very tiny, less than 2 inches across I think.
So hard to spot, Just keep looking and you might spot the
female returning to her nest.

Jackie so beautiful! I am so jealous.. I have never grown camelias, and I enjoy seeing yours.

Our hummers are not here yet, but the feeders are out in case they come. The nanking cherry is blooming, and inside,,,, the new batch of morning glory's are vining, I missed your pres bush, she did bloom, has another bloom, and weird saz looks like it bloomed too, *sigh*
here is what I was able to get pics of..
yellow clematis .. nanking cherry..one of my daffys,..Queen Emma bud starting to open..and last shot is south end of basement jungle.
Still trying to learn the new camera.. i don't like it as much as I did my other one..but don't tell Joe!

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Nice blooms Debra.

Thanks, LK, wish I could see your hummers!

I will try to get some pictures, other wise, you will have to come and sit on the porch with me!

uhm, that sounds great ;)

Debra, You might not like your new camera as well but it takes great pics..
Love your yellow Clematis and looking forward to your Queen Emma bloom.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, I do like your pretty camellia.

Love Debra's blooms too! very pretty. Glad you're getting more and more blooms.

Saw my first female hummer today.

Helena, thanks. I thought I saw something fly by, so tiny, it was just a blur. So DH put out
a feeder for me just in case. :-)

Hope the storms didn't get down there to you, Jackie. Take care!

Thanks Debra. No storm yet, I hope they miss us.

Happy Birthday Jackie! I hope you have an awesome day!

Thumbnail by taters55
(Caitlin) Fresno, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi ladies!

Here are a few pics of my babies. Any chance one of these is an interesting one, Debra?

Also, check out my rock, near where the MGs live. =)

Thumbnail by Wifeygirl Thumbnail by Wifeygirl Thumbnail by Wifeygirl

Congrats on the babies. I love that rock!

me too! I want that rock LOL
So far from what I am seeing they are looking like i purps, but can't tell until true leaves form. your "cots" look healthy, tho. ;) Stick some more big seeds around in there, and when you get a first bloom on the ones in there and don't like it, you can pull it out and let the others get a go at it.

Thanks for the birthday wishes Linda and Debra.

(Caitlin) Fresno, CA(Zone 9b)

We stuck a larger seed in there, and then another of the larger seeds at the base of the birdfeeder. Very excited to see what comes up, Debra! =D

Gautier, MS

Happy Birthday Jackie! Hope your day was great!

Love that flower cake LK!

Thanks Helena.

well, my little rivera corymbosa var ethiopia is blooming. I am wondering if they are mis ID. The fllowers are very small, but shaped like a bell on the bottom, and the leaves are heart shaped, the stems wiry, the blooms are creamy colored with purple center. ..will post pics tonight.
I think I also caught a NOID blue jmg and a STAR OF INDIA NOT from Jackie. My lobata is vining everywhere in its cup. can't wait until this cold snap is done, they want to climb all over everything. All my new sunflower seeds are about three inches tall in cups, hope to transplant soon.
It's cold here today, I am freezing, so glad I am in my nice warm office.
Have a great day!

Thumbnail by joeswife

Frog swap is open, come and check it out!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1389410/

Deb, thats a cute little mg.
A search tells me that rivea corymbosa is the same as turbinia corymbosa,
but I couldn't find a photo of the Ethiopia strain. Just looked for a SHORT TIME, I'm so behind.
Looking forward to what the SOI not bloom looks like and the no id blue

Göppingen, Germany(Zone 7b)

When I wrote, the I. Hederifolia lutea was close behind, I meant it ;-). The day is somewhat gray, I hope I will get a little more light later on, as close-ups with flash tend to lack some detail. Too bad I have no flowering I. Ochracea today, I might have tried cross-pollination. Yes, I know they are as far apart in the genus as possible, but hey, miracles happen every day, don't they ?

Speaking about grey, I've now started the grey I.Nil I got from an ebay seller as gift. Frankly, I'm not enthusiastic, as I don't see the point in grey flowers. but since the grey MGs seem to be some sort of "holy grail" for some of the MG enthusiasts, I'll give them a try.

Thumbnail by pmmGarak Thumbnail by pmmGarak

Garak, I am glad. You will like the gray.. it is lovely

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Morning, just woke up to chase the squirrels off the feeder ( we moved it away from the window perch yesterday) so back to the window it went. dang things.
no new blooms this am downstairs except for the white purps.
here is what bloomed the other day.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Nice blooms everyone.

Debra, is picture 4 your lily?

Very pretty blooms Debra. Thanks for letting us enjoy them with you..

Thanks, I am very lucky to have some blooms, and yes, that is Queen Emma, she is still busting out blooms. Ronnie has blooms, I wish she would come here and show you..

Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Debra. I like the little yellow ones too. I just planted some of those I had soaking for 2 days. I hope they take.

Funny how one little seed can fall in a crack between blocks and grow! This salvia did just that, have some wicked fireants disturbed in that planter.

Here's how my mg's are growing since I put them outside, even through those very cold days we had lately. It looks like it'll be warming up though.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Your mg's look great Helena. Looks like you'll have blooms in no time.

From the past

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Wow! you have a lot going on there, Helena. Jackie I love and adore those two mgs there. are they all on the same vine ( first pic)

Nice pictures ladies.

Debra, I thought these were on the same vine. When I pull it up with settings, 'it doesn;t show a name, I thought it was a Pres Bush vine showing 2 different blooms. Now I'm not so sure

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.