Morning Glories 2015 #03

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

well, i am sure that is what bloomed down stairs pres bush from you

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Send a pic when you can. Love the Pres Bush

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies!

Nice to see your blooms from the past Jackie!

Yes, I can't wait till get my first bud and bloom! But look I still have more to coming, not all took!!!
My orange tree though doesn't have too many blooms!

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

My neighbor has an orange tree, and it is full of blooms. If the wind is just right, I can smell it from my porch.

A great start on your mg vines Helena. I've yet to start a single
one.

Göppingen, Germany(Zone 7b)

I've found some old Morning Glory pictures from a vacation near Venice - the real one in Italy.

The first one is easily recognized as some sort of ipomoea - it grows in the dunes and therefore doesn't have much to climb.

the other 2 show the most spooky of all Convolvulaceae: it's a form of Cuscuta - I think it's dodder in English, but I like the German Teufelszwirn (Devils Twine) better. While the middle one shows how this parasitic something spreads, the last one shows that it still has flowers - yes those tiny white things.

I bet you weren't aware of this face of the Morning Glories...

Thumbnail by pmmGarak Thumbnail by pmmGarak Thumbnail by pmmGarak

Very interesting! We have some sort of a morning glory growing on the beaches in Corpus Christi, but I have never seen anything like the last two pictures.

Helena, I finally got cups prepared for starting some seeds. Didn;t get to plant any as my neighbor brought his cat over, who is now my new cat. I really didn't need any more animals. smh

This message was edited Apr 4, 2015 12:49 AM

aww Jackie.. you got a cat? That is great. I love cats. I keep missing the blooms downstairs from working so much, I go in tomorrow, hope I get to see some Sunday. Dropping down to 30 tonight, had a bad storm last night, a lot of residents are still without power. People got roofs blown off and houses tore up, to much to say, it missed us. I have a few things outside, I covered things up with blankets and leaves. Oh well, I guess we will see how HARDY the banana is.
Here is our Spring as of yesterday.
PS: I have seeds of the pes caprea.. ( beach morning glory)

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Glad you lucked out Debra with the storms. Sounds like a lot
of people in your area weren't so lucky,We escaped any damage here
for which I'm thankful.
Love your spring blooms.
Colder here tonight too after a cold front.

This message was edited Apr 4, 2015 10:51 AM

I heard on the news there was a lot of damage in different areas. Glad to hear your OK!

it only got down to 34 which I knew it would do, so glad, the pear might have fruit this summer for the squirrels. Joe has potato green showing in the containers, they haven't broke thru the garden ground area yet. We need some rain so bad.Only thing blooming down stairs is the yellow clematis, a large dark purple with white edge jmg, and some white purps. Oh the lobata is already blooming, just planted it a few weeks ago... it is now moved out front to the south side porch trellis.

Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Debra. Glad the storm missed you and Jackie too! I'm glad you getting ready to sow some seeds Jackie!

Hope everyone had a good Easter Day!

Gautier, MS

This rose (Rio Samba) started to open yesterday and today a bit more! Yeah, don't know why it posted yesterdays pic first, oh well.

This message was edited Apr 5, 2015 5:11 PM

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Love the beautiful soft color in the 1st photo Helena.

That is a beautiful rose!

I agree! wow. Hope all had a good day yesterday. I was surrounded by the three I raised and plus one- Son's new g/f. Was a nice mellow day with no drama. Son and G/f took out some heavy things, now they will get sunburned, lose their leaves and start all over, I don't care, I'll grab any help when I can ;)

Glad you had some help Debra.

To the new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1390269

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.