Distressed pots

Englewood, FL

I saw this in Lowe's "Creative Ideas" quarterly magazine, sign up for it , it has some great ideas, & it's free.

lowes.com/lci-distressedpots
Now I have to go out & find some clay pots.

Thumbnail by ifantail
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

Thanks ifantail for the link. Going to sign up, I always need creative ideas. Have a lot of clay pots, just clean up a big and create.

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

That looks very cool. 'Long about September clay pots get really affordable. But who wants to wait?

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Just happen to have 2 clay pots that need a new lease on life before planting them. Will sure try this. Ace put a lot of spray paints on sale and I bought 7 cans so will have a ball.

Got so many yard things that need painting. Keeps me busy and creative and I'm best with spray cans.

Thanks for the suggestion.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

When my Dad saw me out hand painting the fence he said he was surprised I hadn't learned to use our compressor and spray paint instead. He's right, I gotta learn! Need to buy a good spray gun and cleaner.

I'm afraid I would end up spray painting myself along with the fence. I discovered a lot of clay pots in the yard that cleaned up nice so will be trying the distressed pots. I used to pick up a lot when I would see them at the thrift store, guess I couldn't stop buying.

Englewood, FL

Spray pant won't work, you need brush on water based paint.

I have some sample paints that I'm going to use on my pots. I didn't think spray paint would work on the pots unless I just wanted to paint the a solid color, I'm anxious to try this project out over the weekend.

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Looking forward to seeing yours Pegi.

I've been playing around with clay pots and only did one using the water wash technique. I read on facebook that one gal said she added l TBSP. plaster of paris to 1 cup of paint, mixed it up and added 1/4 cup of hot water. Well, of course I had to try that and don't know if I like it or not. I have some smaller pots I'm going to practice on then I will take some pictures. I even thought of spraying some sealer on them when they are dry. I used to make things with plaster of paris many years ago and still have a large jar full so might as well use it up. I do procrastinate a lot so be patient with me. LOL

No, no. no... you don't procrastinate, you just have more ideas than one human can possibly get done!

I did one pot, the one in blue, with the water method, the others I used the paint, plaster of paris, and hot water. I don't have much of an imagination, but thought the painted pots would last a little longer with sealer on them. Since I have a couple of cans here thought I would try it. I wish I had the imagination my mom had, she could always picture things in her mind whereas my mind goes blank. I do need to locate some different colors. When they mark down paint at Lowe's and I think it is a good price I pick it up. This is why I have so much clutter in my house.

Thumbnail by Samigal
Englewood, FL

Good job Samigal, they look a lot like the picture that was sent in.

Thank you ifantail, I do want to try some more. On one of the small green pots I put my index finger on the paint and it left a different design so I just keep messing it up with my finger. Well, not too smart a move as I had to scrub paint from under my fingernail.

AWWW... but worth it Sami!

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Sami, pots look great. Found some water based paint out in my garden shed all I need now is the time. This is time to put in winter garden so I'm busy with that. Hope rabbits just leave it alone. So many chores that need doing hobbies take a back seat. Disgusting huh.

Bonnie

It's tough being a responsible adult LOL

Pat, I couldn't have said it any better, tough being a responsible adult !!

Later on, if it ever cools off here, I would like to try to paint some more pots. I just can't seem to get anything done in our 90 plus temps.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Weather is beginning to change here but it usually hits 90 by noon. Winter is my time to get a lot accomplished outside. Heat slows me down. In 3 or 4 more weeks I think it will be more like fall. Can't wait.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.