Our 19th Annual Photo Contest is now open for entries. You can submit your best images HERE

Ebay source for butterfly milkweed plant plugs??

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi, everybody,

I haven't posted on DG for a few years, but I have a question and I know DGers know the answers so here goes:

I'm looking for the correct online address or a link for the fellow who sells butterfly garden plants and honeysuckles on ebay. I think his his name starts out dogwoodritter... I have bought from him many times but my brain has frozen up and I can't think of his address.

I'm looking for plugs of asclepias tuberosa, and/or currasavica and incarnata and liriatris ligulisylus in particular but other things as well, in plug form.

After a few years of dormancy I'm getting my butterfly garden in shape and hoping for some visitors...especially the monarchs.

If anyone can lmk the link, I'd appreciate it. Here's wishing all of you a promising butterfly season.

t.

North Little Rock, AR

This is the person you're asking about. I've always had good service from him.

search on ebay for: dogwooderitternet

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

tabasco! glad to see you posting. looking foward to butterfly photos!

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Thank you so much for the info. I really appreciate it, tismetoo. I just asked him for a bunch of liatris ligulistylus plants which I have purchased from him before and they are just absolute monarch magnets for me, btw.

Yes, critter, I've kept up my DG membership but haven't posted in the past few years. I am trying to give up gardening and travel more with my husband. Though I decided to boost up what's left of my butterfly garden this year because of the monarch situation. I bought 164 milkweed plugs in a fit of enthusiasm and a quarter pound of benary giant zinnia seed when I must have been halucinating! Oh, well. Fortunately I still have my friend who helps me in the garden and hopefully she'll get busy on it.

I did just last Sunday have a couple of hummingbirds come to my window who must have been visitors in years past. They were scolding me because I don't have feeders out. I haven't had HB feeders for a couple of years either, but I'm setting up a few this week. I do have 3 big Major Wheeler honeysuckles that are getting ready to bloom, so the HBs should be happier.

Good to hear from you. I'm going to search your screen name and see what you've been up to! I bet your bulb garden is stunning.

hugs to all--Miss you! t.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Good to know that when you have a chance to garden, you still do it in a BIG way! :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.