THE URBAN QUIPSTER - Part 2

Santa Monica, CA

Time to start a new thread, continuing from the old one which was getting much to long.

We came from here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1363155/

This message was edited Apr 21, 2015 5:20 AM

This message was edited Apr 21, 2015 5:35 AM

Santa Monica, CA

Haven't yet figured out how to link the old thread to this one, because I am using an Android Smartphone and am unable to see the address at the top of the threads. I sent a note asking the Administration for help. Meanwhile I'm just going to post here.

Santa Monica, CA

As I wrote on the previous thread, I have recently become extremely addicted to Facebook. I am having a lot of fun with it, but it prevents me from focusing on cleaning up the mess in my apartment, which I MUST do. I've posted a bit there about my clutter problems, but I don't think many of my Facebook friends, who I know from my real life, are aware of the extent of my problem. I don't feel like enlightening them, my personal choice. Anyway, I've had to force myself off of there for the time being. Much better to discuss my clutter issues here or in private text msgs and emails to the people who are aware and supportive.

Okay, so right now I'm just sorting, organizing and tossing papers and pre-soaking laundry. Not really into it right now, there are a million other things I'd rather be doing, but it has to be done!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Betty I put the link in to the new thread that will direct people over here.

Santa Monica, CA

Thanks Holly Ann!

Glenview, IL

Hi, Just thought I'd pop in and say hello.

Betty, wishing you luck on the clean up...perhaps after a few hours, you reward yourself with a set time on FB.

I just found your thread yesterday and read the entire thing. It sounds like your doing well, even though you have some overwhelming times, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers...
...Also, what wonderful support you have been receiving.

I'm always trying to keep things clear, probably spend more time with it then I should, but my problem is I tend to give up and things just stay where they are until I get tired of the mess and or can't move...
Anyway, just a little input on my, our cluttered mess. Well, I started the great clean up ( I call it) in October...Still working on it.
So smiling I'm proud of you to keep going! just a little at a time. Do you have a sorting area?

Santa Monica, CA

HI SEEDTOSSER- Nice to meet you! And thanks for your suggestion re: Facebook.

Wow. When you said my entire thread, do you mean starting with Part 1? If so I'm incredibly impressed! It is a VERY long thread. In any case, thank you!

Yes, the support I have been getting is indeed wonderful and in that respect, I have been very very blessed. Good luck with your own clean up endeavors!

All The Best,
Betty

Santa Monica, CA

Oh, yay! Terry sent me a message telling me to try CHROME with the Smartphone to get the number for the thread. So I found the # and was able to figure out how to set up a link back to the previous thread. So, yay!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Great

Santa Monica, CA

Having trouble with my keyboard- it keeps disappearing as I'm trying to type...

Scrubbing the tub with baking soda, vinegar and dish soap. Have thrown a lot of stuff away recently.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Pretty much it is all about outside for me. We did have a rainy day and I did a little clean up as things were starting to pile up.
Don't know how you do all that typing on your phone Betty. Takes me forever to just send a small text. I guess like anything else the more you do it the faster you will get. I don't do much texting.

Santa Monica, CA

HI HOLLY ANN- Sorry I've been dealing with a lot of stuff and haven't checked the posts at DG for awhile. I use a stylus on the phone's keypad, or I type with one finger. A stylus is easier. I certainly can't type on it the way I can on a regular computer. I'd think it would be difficult for anyone whose fingers were larger than a four-year-old's!

Santa Monica, CA

HI FOLKS- Haven't been here in a while. Lots of cleaning to do and tonight I'm under pressure. Let's see how much I can accomplish!

Santa Monica, CA

UGH. Awful situation. I have a terrible rash. This is something that has been going on for a while. I am taking antihistamines but they're not working that well. The itching is so bad it's hard to focus on cleaning, or anything else.

Santa Monica, CA

I HOPE TO GOD NOBODY I KNOWS SEES THIS. I mean, I hope to God nobody I know OUTSIDE the group sees this. To be continued...

Kingsville, TX(Zone 9b)

Hi, BoatLeafBetty!

I'm not one of this group, but I'm familiar with your user name from a Back Porch group, so I hope you don't mind me offering a suggestion here. I thought I sent it this morning, but apparently in's floating around in cyber-space somewhere.

You don't mention what might be causing your rash, nor where it is located. (NO, I am definitely NOT asking for that info!) So I wanted to ask if you've tried a cortisone cream on it? Chocolate, especially the deep dark chocolate, will cause a rash on me if I am not very very careful about how much I eat of it. Sometimes antihistamines help, sometimes they don't. But cortisone cream almost always brings practically instant relief! So thought I'd mention it to you as maybe being a possibility. I do hope you find relief soon!

Vern

Santa Monica, CA

Hi Vern,
Thanks for your concern! Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner. I've been away from DG for quite a while and I think this is the first time I saw your post. KNOCK WOOD, I'm doing better.

All the best,
Boatleaf Betty

Kingsville, TX(Zone 9b)

Betty, thanks for checking in. So glad to know you are doing better! Stay well.

Vern

Santa Monica, CA

Thanks Vern!

Santa Monica, CA

Okay, I am doing my best to stay off of Facebook for the moment (have already spent some time on there today).

One thing I discovered a couple of months ago was Pinterest.
My logic was that it might help prevent me from hoarding objects: I could channel my desire to collect things into collecting "pins" (pictures and links) and organizing them onto boards. It worked very well, in the sense that I have not been collecting any new stuff. Only problem was, I became addicted to Pinterest! I collected about 10,000 pins and organized them onto over 150 boards in less than three weeks by staying glued to my Smartphone until my Pinterest App crashed! Haven't been there in a while, but there are always distractions...

Okay, back to work!

Santa Monica, CA

Ha! Did a little work now I'm back here again. KNOCK WOOD, the act of cleaning and tossing is not stirring up the feelings of terror that I've discussed in the past, though there is a certain amount of feelings of shame that I haven't progressed further in all this time, as far as the cleaning goes.

Right now, I can't really "wrap my head around it" though. Cleaning that is. Almost anything else is more interesting to me at this particular moment. I realize, though, that I don't have to wrap my head around it. I just have to DO it. Hopefully, the mental engagement with the process will return, but at the moment, I just have to put one foot in front of the other, and a garbage bag to toss things out in front of my face!

Glenview, IL

Hi Boatleaf Betty!
Good to see your doing better.

Whew, Avoidance, lol I sure know that one. So yep take one last look and take the plunge.
OH my gosh, I do that too, tell my self to quit looking and just do it.
Been putting off all the yard work, now to get stuff put away.

Good luck to get at it, wink I'm rooting for ya.

Well, it is nice to organize your pins. now hang em on the wall for display and viola, something done!!

Santa Monica, CA

Oh goodness, I've been away for awhile. Hi Seedtosser. Have really gotten myself into a mess. Some upsetting personal things happened and I dealt with my emotions by becoming more and more addicted to Pinterest, creating all these imaginary lives and homes and neglecting my real home and real life. I am going to do a few chores, and then come back to explain further.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.