ID please

Melbourne, FL

Can anyone ID this flowering plant? Thanks in advance.
j

Thumbnail by Fl_gardener77
Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Bengal Clock Vine, Blue Sky Vine
Thunbergia grandiflora

Read more: http://davesgarden.com/sitewidesearch.php?q=clock+vine&Search=Search#ixzz3YSCtkDQS

If your plant grows up and up, it would appear to be the above. If it stays more down low, this would be the one.
Blue Boy, Blue Glory, Clock Vine
Thunbergia battiscombei

Read more: http://davesgarden.com/sitewidesearch.php?q=clock+vine&Search=Search#ixzz3YSIPvEVj

I have this one in my garden

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

I had a blue sky vine and it grew up over the top of our house and it was beautiful. I moved it and it is slowly coming back. Sure hope it makes it.

Jeremy gave me the blue sky vine. It only lasted a couple years before it perished. My soil (sand) discourages a lot of things from living here. Strange though because I have the Thunbergia battiscombei and it is doing great.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Mine came from Jeremy too. I moved it and thought I had lost it. Checked it yesterday and it's coming back along chain link fence. At one time it was way up over top of house. It's really a beautiful flowering vine.

I promised Sylvain & Shauna cuttings which now maybe I can send them. Hope it keeps growing.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

My blue sky vine perished after a few years also, but I've had Thunbergia battiscombei, and Thunbergia erecta for many years and they do very well.
I remember your vine Bonnie, hope it does well.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

One made it still growing. When you come over remember to cut a piece off and try to get it going.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

I don't need anymore vine, I just ripped out my red passion vine. Just no place for vine to grow in my garden, But thanks for the offer, I'll just have to admire yours. It doesn't like my sandy soil anyway.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.