save the Prouty Garden at Boston's Childrens Hospital

Wayland, MA(Zone 6a)

I thought all of you northeasters would be interested is this .

https://www.change.org/p/boston-children-s-hospital-preserve-prouty-garden

Wayland, MA(Zone 6a)

Its a lovely little garden that provides such comfort . My family spent many hours enjoying the beauty of nature during many ( MANY ) hospitalizations there when my son was alive .

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I am not familiar with this garden, although the idea of a garden as a solace in the middle of the Longwood Medical Area sounds wonderful. I wasn't a parent during my brother's many stays in Children's Hospital. (He's now nearly 50!) Maybe next time I'm over by that way I'll take a look.

Wayland, MA(Zone 6a)

Its a lovely space surrounded by buildings . It was designed by Olmsted and was supposed to be taken care of in perpetuity but The hospital wants the space : (

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

"In perpetuity" doesn't mean forever any more, I guess.

Thomaston, CT

Apparently, not anymore Carrie......I think of the houses seized & torn down in New London for new development that has not happened......very sad about the garden, I would think there would be some outrage about it.....

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

There is! My then toddler boy was too sick to run around it but he waved his arms and smiled joyfully when I took him there. He recovered. That garden has a real presence. I am also aware of the terrible level of competition in the healthcare field that makes administrators agree to such compromises.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images