Problems with FireFox... anyone else?

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

It started on my main computer about 6-8 weeks ago, sluggish and crashing. I got tired of it and moved over to Opera. I'd bounce back and forth, and lately it's been "OK".

Today, I had been working on my laptop a lot, then this evening upon opening the FF browser, it had that pop up window saying something about "checking for add-ons" so I assumed it did an update.

all of a sudden, I could not connect to the internet, but only with FF. IE was just fine. I disabled add-ons, nothing. Rebooted, nothing. after each -- I'd check IE, which was fine. So I did a System restore. When that was completed, now IE would not connect either. When i ran troubleshooting, it said something about a part of "Nortons" was not installed properly. ~~ What the heck??

So, now i went in and disabled the Anti-virus and now everything works.

What gives??

I attempted to install Opera on my laptop [5 yrs old, Win7] and it would not install. The window just said.... Downloading....... and the percentage thingy never moved.

any idea what may have happened??

thanks in advance for any assistance,

Terese

Hurst, TX(Zone 7b)

Do you have a firewall? Have you checked it to see if it has any relevant messages? I have had issues sometimes with AddOns programs so I once deleted them all and now have only 2 that I rarely use anyways. My PC came with Nortons but I deleted it and put something else so I cannot comment whether it may be causing problems.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Luis -- thanks for your reply.

Honestly, I can not recall the exact steps I took... but all is well.

I'm sure I did a lot of cleaning, and possibly even turning off Norton's for a bit.
It was a day or so and I was back up and running with no issues.

Washington, MO(Zone 6a)

Bugger off, spammer.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.