Heads-up! Our Annual Photo contest will be open for entries this Thursday the 18th!

Help needed for front yard project

Sydney, Australia

Hi everybody, hope I'm posting to the right forum as I didn't see a particular board for Sydney.

So, we moved to a new house in Sydney almost one year ago. The house itself is not that new actually - it's just our new place. We have a relatively large front yard that looks too empty to me. It's basically a boring lawn and a driveway on one side and I believe that space has the potential to be turned into an appealing and colourful garden. Could be a vintage, cottage-style landscape or something more modern and minimalist... I just want to make the place look better and more inviting than it is now. Here are a few things I could imagine:

- a small pergola attached to the front door
- some shrubs around it or maybe surrounding the whole house
- at least one tree or a composition of a few smaller trees to act as the focal point
- flowers, a lot of them
- plus any other features that would fit the above suggestions

I've read a few articles on front yard landscaping in some magazines but I'm no professional at all, so I might be completely wrong about some of the ideas I mentioned. Of course, I won't be able to do anything of these by myself, so I'm rather into hiring a landscaper or a maybe a team for the job and I wondered if you guys would come up with any suggestions. The only recommendation I have thus far is this company http://www.paulslandscapingsydney.com.au - do you know something about their work? Or maybe there is someone you know personally. Any advice is welcome, thanks in advance.

Jane

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.