June means Daylilies!!

Ripley, MS

Jeri, does Peyton have a rash ? Is that why they thought allergy? Let us know what they find out, I just feel so bad for sick children.

Charlotte, have you read anything that talks about it being a third type of diabetes ? I was reading an article about diabetes and it was saying that they were talking about it being a hope of diabetes.

The flowers are on the downhill side, by the 4th most of them are gone so they are pretty much on the going away timetable, now the tomato worms are eating the plants, they always show up after a pretty good rain this time of year. I found several last night.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Sandra I have read where allowing diabeties to go uncontrolled can cause dementia. There are several things that can cause dementia that can be corrected. An unregulated thyroid is one. That is why they usually test for other causes to rule out something that can be corrected with medication. Just the other day a lady was talking about her father who has dementia and his was brought on by him refusing to control his diabeties and not taking any medication for it. He acted as if he didn't have it for years. They are now getting his diabeties under control and it should slow his progression but he had let it go for so many years the damage that has been done cannot be reversed.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

It just started out Friday with a rash all over her body, no fever so they though allergy and said they would never probably figure out what caused it. They gave her a steroid shot and said take benedryl. Sunday after church she developed the fever but it was low grade so Monday they went to our Dr. and to be on the safe side he started her on an antibiotic for strep even though she didn't test positive and thought scarlet fever. Yesterday evening she started with diarrhea and vomiting and during the night her fever has spiked to 103. So they are at the ER now. They have gotten the fever down to 99 and started an IV b/c she was dehydrated. She is so brave and is facing each nurse and Dr. with a big smile.

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Poor Peyton! I hate she is so sick. You don't hear about Scarlet Fever very often but it does happen. My mother said I had it as a kid (I think I must have been 5-6) and I don't even remember it. Good luck with the new property in Orange Beach! It sounds great. We have a lot of friends who either have condos there or go down there for a short beach trip every year and love it. Maybe we'll have to take a trip down sometime when you and Jim are headed there and we'll finally meet.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Peyton is home and they still don't know what is wrong. They took her off the antibiotics and said to just let it run it's course and it could take up to 4 weeks. Since we don't know what we're dealing with it is impossible to know how to handle it.

That would be wonderful Elaine. We played with the idea of condos but all the maintenance would be an issue again. This resort makes it simple. http://www.buenavistarvresort.com

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Jeri I hope Peyton is feeling better soon! Kids can get so many things. Richard's granddaughter has been dealing with a really bad ear infection. She had to take 10 days of antibiotics. She thinks she got it from swimming in a lake at a camp she went to for a week.

I've never heard of rv resorts but looks interesting. Richard has a good friend that lives in Fairhope and another friend that has a condo in Orange Beach. Lots of folks in thisarea have condos in that area.

Ripley, MS

Jeri, when I read your post meningitis popped into my mind. Cayla had that when she was around 12--I was inconsolable when they told us to go to Memphis with her. It was a viral type of meningitis, not contagious and she was 85% better the next day. She was so sick, I had already carried her to the doc with a sore throat and she got worse and broke out in a rash in the night, her head hurt her so bad all she could do was cry. I surely hope she gets better quickly.
Bright Eyes Phlox
Jen Melon (Kenny gave this one to me)- this is an unusual one because the yellows are usually early bloomers, but this is a late season bloomer for me
My seedling I planted 2 summers ago
Yabba Dabba

Thumbnail by slcdms Thumbnail by slcdms Thumbnail by slcdms Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Spacecoast Easy Rider
Cameroons
Trahlyta
Change of Heart
Mountains bow down, again-just can't help myself !

This message was edited Jun 30, 2015 7:15 PM

This message was edited Jun 30, 2015 8:44 PM

Thumbnail by slcdms Thumbnail by slcdms Thumbnail by slcdms Thumbnail by slcdms Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Jeri, will you also have the carriage houses or just the RV rental spaces, those houses look wonderful !

Almost wild
Tall phlox

Thumbnail by slcdms Thumbnail by slcdms
Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Pretty flowers!!

Peyton was dehydrated. They gave her fluids, told her to stop the antibiotics and this whatever it is could last up to 4 weeks. They got her fever down to 99 so we can deal with the rash. This is insane for this day and age!!!

No Jim said unless we sell here all he wants is the Tikihouse, outside kitchen and bath.

Jeri, that place really does look nice. Lots of amenities which will be great when you take your family with you.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Pretty flowers! I had a really good sales day yesterday so I've got to get busy today. Time to go shopping again! Sold furniture at both locations.

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Jeri so glad Peyton is improving even though y'all really did not get a real diagnosis. I guess that is what they still call it the practice of Medicine. So excited for your new adventures. Taking care of more than one home is a lot of work so it looks like you might be on to the best compromise. We usually spend this week every year at the island working catching up on everything that has been neglected . Usually involves washing , bleaching down the double wide and the huge porches under and above . This years vacation has been working here at home.. Jimbo is adding a lot more fencing to add more cows so he has been running a hoe or a tractor all day everyday. mon he came home and was telling me about a kitten that was between the tracks on the hoe. He got off moved it out of the field where they had been balling hay to the shade. So young its eyes were not quiet open yet. when he told me it was six hours later in the boiling heat. We went back to find it laying there looking dead. Any way I have been taking care of an orphaned kitty since then. He has been getting stronger each day so far. I took him to the vet today to check him out and all was good so far. He weighs less than a half pound. Haven't named him just waiting to see if he makes it.

Thumbnail by Riverland Thumbnail by Riverland

That's the tiniest kitty I've ever seen. So sweet! Hope he makes it. You are wonderful for trying to rescue him.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

I agree with Elaine, Cindy you are wonderful and if you want more I can supply them.

Are Yall getting as much rain as us? It has rained almost every day for the past 2 months and I'm not talking about a quick shower either. There has been days of non stop rain. I can't believe the words are coming out of my mouth but I think we have had enough!!!!!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Yes we have had lots more rain than usual. It rained here every day in May and it rained a lot in June. We have rain in the forecast for through the weekend. I've turned my irrigation system very few times this summer!

I guess the mamma cat somehow lost her baby. You're being a good momma to her Cindy.

Richard was acting weird all day yesterday. He was really restless all day. Kept going out on the back steps and looking all around and talking about a storm coming. Nothing suited him all day. I finally figured out there was a full moon last night! As strange as it sounds a full moon really does affect their behavior. It's something about the magnetic field pulls stronger or something like that.

Ripley, MS

Cindy, I think he will make it and that is one lucky kitty ! I think you should name him HERO !!
I hope Jimbo doesn't overdo in the heat.

Charlotte, just ask anyone who has ever worked in the ER, yes the full moon does affect people in strange ways. I hope today is a better day for Richard.

We finally saw the shoulder doc yesterday, he said Jerryhas frozen shoulder on top of the injuries. He is going to have to do PT 3 times a week on it for a month before the doc will even talk about surgery. He said if they do the surgery with it stiff he may never get it moving again after surgery.

Ripley, MS

July chat thread
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1399696/

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Jeri thanks for the offer but one is enough. I am not really a cat person. I had to google how to take care of it. I am going back to my brothers house next week so will have to take it with me. My sister is not happy because she says she is allergic to cats. There is a cat at my brothers already so this kitten is not going to cause her any more reaction. My Sil has had 2 small strokes since I was there. Not sure how much damage has been done. My brother is doing really good drove himself into Memphis to the doc and bought a new escalade. He said the help is working out but when they took her somewhere last week neither of them could handle her. They have changed all the locks on doors and windows. He is trying to get out more for his mental help.

Looks like the road may be long to full recovery Sandra. Tell Jerry hello and wish him well.

Charlotte wishing you calm days.

Elaine I am not wonderful just human could not stand by and let that baby die without a fighting chance. Don't know where mom is but there are several feral cats that hang out in those woods. We never see babies although we see pregnant cats. I think the Hawks and other predature may get them.

I am thinking of naming him Jack after one eyed Jack in cards because for awhile he would only open 1 eye

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.