wax on wall

Waldorf, MD(Zone 7b)

So my cat, Punkin, knocked the scentsy warmer off the table while it was on and got was all over the wall, carpet and the outlet. Im not sure what to use to take it off without having to scrape and scrape and then have to plaster and paint that area. and definitley not sure how to get the wax out of the carpet.

Newark, DE

Wax on carpet - no problem! (It should work for the wall too)

Get an old towel you care nothing about and your iron. Plug in your iron and when it is hot, place the towel on the carpet over the wax and then iron the towel. The heat from the iron melts the wax and the towel absorbs it. Remove towel while it is warm so wax doesn't harden in the carpet again. You have to take a few seconds of ironing and some pressure too, it's not a once over and done. You have to iron back and forth a few seconds to allow time for the heat to melt the wax. I have done this before for someone who had carpet and it looked like it was never there when I finished. Depending on carpet nap - you may have to do the process a couple times in different sections of the towel and press harder. But it does work!

I would think the same would work on the wall, though I never had to try that. On the wall you may also be able to use a hair dryer on high heat and as it melts, wipe with a paper towel. Not sure about that either, but I would try the towel trick on the wall first since no wiping is involved to push wax into the wall surface.

Pottsville, AR(Zone 7a)

Use a brown paper bag (or kraft paper) put on the wax on the carpet & iron over it with no steam setitng on the iron Lift the paper every so often & move to a clean spot as the wax lifts off. On the wall use an ice cube to harden the wax & then scrape it off. Will probably leave a greasy stain - try Simple Green (or other degreaser) or Magic Eraser

Waldorf, MD(Zone 7b)

Thanks guys!!!! Im going to try these out... for now wax warmer is unplugged and i really miss the smell of the cedar forest in my house!!!!

Roswell, GA

You can try this:
Scrape away excess wax, then apply heat with a blow dryer set to MEDIUM, wiping off the wax with a rag as it softens. Wash the area with hot, soapy water to remove residue. Apply medium heat with a blow dryer and wipe away excess wax as it softens. Remove residue with a solution of 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.