wallpaper or wall painting ?!

Claude, TX

i think alot if i use for the walls wallpapers which will be inexpensive and have many customized designs and easy to make, or i use wall painting for much more elegance in the interior design and will still in good condition for a long time.

So what you advice me to do ? wallpaper or wall painting ?

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

Personal choice. I have done both. I enjoy seeing wallpaper in dining areas especially in older homes. Other than that paint is the way to go for me.

Paint - Not as expensive as a decent wallpaper (good quality and design )
Paint Cleans
When tired of paint color easy to change - not so paper
Paper - more time consuming - install and rake down

Killeen, TX

I would suggest you to go for wall painting. You can get a lot of options in texture painting (with and without gloss finish).

Stroudsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Wallpaper is nice - until you want to change it. Then it is the job from hell to get it off and get the walls in any condition repair or paint. I'd take paint any day. All these pictures are paint.
The first is a plaid I painted on the wall. The second is stripes (the same
Color in two different finishes - one flat, one semigloss) the third was a design I taped on a wall, then painted the entire wall, then pulled the paint off.

Thumbnail by rteets Thumbnail by rteets Thumbnail by rteets
Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

rteets, I think you pulled the TAPE off, not the paint..............LOLOL

There are 3 things that I personally think are the scourge of home decorating........wallpaper, textured paint, and blinds.

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

I don't like those rubber door stoppers -- the hinge hanger type or the spring on the molding

Popcorn ceilings

The electrical outlet covers in that awful beige that turns yellow or the shiny meal ones

Door chimes taking up good foyer space

Moldings that catch dust

And....linoleum

This message was edited Sep 19, 2015 8:44 PM

Victoria Harbour, ON

Rteets, what an inviting home..

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

NICE painting!!!!

Stroudsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Thank you both so much!

Woodbridge, VA

Good question, I think using both will be more creative and elegant. Just get the right design and color for your home. I hope you get it done and please update us with the outcome. Would be happy to see it!

Brooklyn, NY

[deleted by admin]

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Painting.....

New York City, NY

I think you should go with wallpapers. As you said they are quite inexpensive and as well as easygoing. There are plenty of designs which you can choose separately for each and every room of your home. Even you can also try different color shades according to the decor accessories & centerpieces.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.