Aug 2013

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

bump

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Beautiful colors to wake up to.

Thanks for the new thread.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

oh I love that red star. Thanks you! Jackie, I really do not want another crinum, I just gave Queen Emma away after keeping her for 5 years, she bloomed and then she went to Kansas City. :) Appreciate your offer, tho.
Rain finally! SOH is blooming, but blooms were rain beaten.

Thanks Linda and Debra.
Debra, I forgot about your Queen Emma.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie, bright colors!

Glad you got some rain Debra.

these bloomed today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Those are beautiful Helena.

Gorgeous blooms Helena. Love the 1st bloom

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Those are beautiful Helena!

Incredible blooms Helena. Is the 1st one Dany's Summer Rain or your flaked shibori;s.?
The white with just a touch of blue looks like Dany;s summer Rain but the one beside it looks like a flaked shibori, Dany's bloom must be a purpurea too.
The Doomplosion is gorgeous with 3 blooms open.

Gautier, MS

Thank you Linda and Jackie.

Jackie, that is the flaked shibori, I've enjoyed these blooms from it too. It's a good bloomer.
Dany's Summer Rain is taking a break, but I do think that's an ip nil.

We are having a light rain this morning.

Beautiful morning glories Helena!

All lovely blooms Helena. Whats the name on # 2? Its a beauty.
Love the different look Mauve Splash is throwing,

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.

I like what Mauve Splash is throwing out too Jackie. Funny thing is that this vine is not making seeds yet the other vine is. #2 bloom is Q1044 not cross. Love when the bloom vary from day to day!

Here's my tobacco tree blooming from last year's come back, one of my roses and pink Porcelain.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

sorry I have been MIA. I had a headache yesterday, and today I played outside for awhile. Your blooms are always a treat for tired eyes, Helena, I love the third in last set and the last one in last set. Gorgeous. I still have not ever grown tobacco.
This is Cassie. She is to the south of me. She is a sweetheart. Everything is going crazy in bloom. My hummer showed up since the monardas are open.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Beautiful blooms Helena, that rose is beautiful! I need to try and find a tobacco plant too, they are so pretty.

Debra, Cassie is so pretty. Your neighbors dog? Love your flower shots too!

Cassie is the little girl's dog to the south of me, her name is LILY, she is a very well spoken young child of three and at first she was mean to Cassie, but I tld her dogs are to love and be nice to, so now she is really good with her new dog. I adore that dog LOL

was blooming this am and almost missed it..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Nice blooms Helena. Love the color on your rose.
Do the hummers like the tobacco blooms?

Love your blooms too Debra. Gorgeous Asiatic lily.
Cassie looks very sweet. If I wasn't so old
I would have 20 dogs and 20 cats. I love animals.

Cooler here yesterday and today so out I go to pot up 10 more mg's.
Humidity is lower too so feels great outside.

Plum surprise gets it's name I guess from the color it turns into later in the day,
My ginger
pandy

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Nice pandy Debra and love your Pink Fuji??

Jackie I LOVE that ginger, I have yet to see any of mine bloom, I'm about to toss them. :P
Your Pandy is gorgeous. The fuji looking bloom is really a dark wine red, and about two and a half inches .. If it's a fuji, that's okay by me. :) If I wasn't married I'd have at least two dogs and one cat. All house pets ...a squash bloom I hope, but it could be a louffa gourd.
Peacock Gladiola, very fragrant..Indian paint brush , do you know what these bugs are? They are small, eat holes like crazy and very prolific. I have been upturning leaves all day finding them and feeding them to the gold fish. they look like metallic shields. They have wings. A beetle of some sort.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Jackie, your blooms are beautiful, and I too love that orange ginger.

Debra, your blooms are beautiful as well, and that peacock gladiola is awesome. I have never seen that! The bugs look like some sort of lady bug?

I wish they were lady bugs, but they eat holes in the leaves like a paper punch all over, and the lady bugs I have eat other bugs. (not these bugs, tho)

look at Jackie's pandy, it has holes in the leaves, kind of like mine.

Debra, I have the gold bugs that eat holes in everything too. They've already been after pandy,.But they are nothing compared to this fungus I;m fighting on the pandy, I didn't spray
for te last 2 days, too busy repotting mg's into their final pots.
I repotted the ginger back in March and it has repaid me with a bloom.. Trying to remember to feed my plumerias bloom burst to see if I can get some blooms this summer, I need to feed the ginger too,

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies! Yes hummingbirds do like Tobacco blooms Jackie though sometimes they do get picky about which blooms they prefer from your garden plants.

Love seeing all your blooms Jackie. I have several ginger plants too planted in ground and do get to see them bloom.

Happy to see all your blooms too Debra. I love wildflowers too and have grown Indian paint brush way back, that's a hummer plant too. Sweet looking neighbors dog.

I've only have repeat blooms but love todays China Doll, Jackie. Then watercolor country blue had a nice bloom, and so did Pink porcelain blzd. 4th bloom is watercolor 2nd vine and lavender splash.

Very pretty Helena.

Thanks ladies
Helena, I love that 1st Watercolor bloom and Pink Porcelain Blizz is gorgeous
I really like the Lav Splash too.

This message was edited Jun 29, 2015 3:42 PM

Globba winetti ginger blooming. Forgot all about this one hid behind other plants..
My Velvet Elvis Swedish Ivy. I like the dark velvety lvs and the tiny blooms are
a lovely purple.
Plum Surprise
I finally have a few more mg vines that should open soon. They were'started the same time as Plum surprise. Wish they all bloomed that quickly.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Those are beautiful. I had no idea that Swedish ivy bloomed. Very pretty.

oh my. can I *swoon*? :D Jackie, you know I love that kind of stuff. I am so glad to see you posting it.Helena, I hope I get some nice blues like you have been growing. I am so happy to see your blooms, so very pretty.
4 o clocks are awake, ditch lillys are blooming , Chinese Hiyacynth are blooming..

Norfolk, VA

Helena, It's a teal-colored morning glory you're growing.

Thanks ladies.
I love the beautiful 4 o'clocks Debra. Pretty Chinese Hyacinth

Debra, those are beautiful.

Linda, while most of the Swedish ivy's are grown for their foliage, there's at least 2 that are
grown for the lovely flowers. Logees used to carry both of them. When I bought this one at a local nursery,there was one I wanted even more but it was 3 times as expensive but it
was 3 times as large too. :-) It was a beauty,

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.

Pretty blooms Jackie! Neat ginger and ivy blooms. I hope to see blooms on my ginger plants this summer. Looking forward to seeing your blooms Jackie.

Love those bright color on your 4 o' clocks Debra and the other plants too.

Was late in taking these pictures almost before they started closing.

Norfolk, VA

poppies 2014
1-2 Shirley poppies, 3-5 Oriental poppy

This message was edited Jul 1, 2015 3:05 AM

This message was edited Jul 1, 2015 3:15 AM

Thumbnail by MGMan Thumbnail by MGMan Thumbnail by MGMan Thumbnail by MGMan Thumbnail by MGMan
Norfolk, VA

poppies 2013
Shirley poppies Papaver rhoeas

Thumbnail by MGMan Thumbnail by MGMan Thumbnail by MGMan Thumbnail by MGMan Thumbnail by MGMan
Norfolk, VA

Here is my mama laying on her couch:)

Thumbnail by MGMan

Thanks Helena. I've been waiting forever seems like. Your blooms are wonderful Helena.
That last one is gorgeous.

Your mom is very pretty Tony,

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.