Happy 4th Of July

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I don't blame Cayla I wouldn't try to fix it either after all she has gone through!!! I'm sure the numbness is not good for her leg as well as being uncomfortable for her. What an ordeal that poor girl has gone through!! I bet the other kids will be good for Eli too.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

We left for the factory yesterday so we could swing by Mobile and visit my aunt. She is in the hospital and non responsive but we visited anyway and then had dinner with Twynette. We spent the night in Atmore and was about 100 miles from Birmingham when Twynette called to let me know Aunt Tharon passed.

Ripley, MS

So sorry, Jeri, will you turn around?

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

No. I knew last night that I was saying good-bye. We have waited months for this appointment at the factory. They haven't made arrangements yet. Jim thinks they will be finished with us Tue. Or Wed.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

So sorry to hear that Jeri. It seems that happens so often. They just seem to lose their will for living when they lose a spouse.

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I am so sorry, Jeri.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

It is hot hot hot here!!! The humidity is terrible as we keep getting little showers that last for just a really short time and then turns everything into a steam bath!

Sandra it's not long till Cayla has her surgery. I know all of you will be glad for her to get it behind her.

Can't believe summer is almost over. Jake is on his way back home. I think he gets back to CA by the end of the week. He is flying out of Stockholm to London. He will spent a night in London so he will get to do a little more exploring there. I think he has really enjoyed his summer. Here is what he wrote about Stockholm. He got there this weekend.

My Journey brought me to Sweden today. The myth of Scandinavia being some sort of a utopia might be true. It's perfect in every way, really perfect. Being here has been such a cool experience which has got me back in touch with my nordic roots.
in Stockholm, Sweden.

Kristi's dad was from Scandinavia.

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

I everybody! We got home Monday afternoon, and I wish I could have brought some of that cool, dry weather from the northwest home with me! What a shocker when I got out of the truck at the house. After over 2 weeks with mild temperatures I wasn't ready for it.

I think most of y'all are on Facebook and saw the photos I posted on there but I might post a few more here when I get my head back on straight. I've been doing laundry, buying groceries, and sorting through mail and the usual stuff to do at home when you get back.

It seems while we were gone a couple of raccoons thought they could take up residence on our back porch. We had neighbors who were feeding our dog and picking the garden. I knew we had critters who were getting to things in the garden now and then and we had trapped one possum right before we left. Dwight (handyman who was mowing and doing things for us) told us on the phone that something had knocked down one of the sunflowers to get to the seeds. He had to retrieve the dog dish from the backyard one day (it is on the back porch up a flight of brick steps!). So last night Earl set the trap on the porch. We were doing things in the kitchen getting ready to go to bed and Earl flipped on the porch light and there was 1 raccoon in the trap and 1 was on the brick wall above the door to our bedroom! I didn't know they would climb brick! Well, it scurried off and we'll set the trap tonight and hopefuly get it. Earl too the other one to the river this morning to let it go. He will shoot possums but releases the raccoons far away from the house.

Jeri, I hope y'all had a safe trip and that you got your motor home fixed. So sorry about your Aunt.

Charlotte, prayers for Jake in his travels home. He's had a great trip I'm sure.

Sandra, prayers for Cayla and for all of you as she has her surgery. I know you will be so grateful to get this behind you and move on. I can't believe Eli is 3 already!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Elaine that the only thing I don't like about vacations - all the catch up work you after to do afterward!!! I know you all had a wonderful time!! Loved your pictures.

Probably you all being gone and not coming and going as much as usual made the raccoon a little braver! I need to set my trap and get rid of some around here. I just hate to deal with taking them off.

It's a little cooler here today which is great. The humidity has been horrible!

I've been painting like crazy! Just finished two pieces today. I took 3 pieces down to the mall Mon and sold one of them yesterday plus another piece I had taken down just the week before. I also sold some big pieces that I had not painted. They had been sitting there for way too long so I marked them down and they sold so now I need to replace it all. This is the time of year furniture sales start to pick up.

It is hard to keep up with people on FB! I was just reading a post and tried to click on more to continue reading it and it totally disappeared!! I tried to find the post again (one I really wanted to read) and could never find it! You have to be fast and not accidentally hit the wrong button!

This message was edited Aug 12, 2015 2:13 PM

Ripley, MS

Welcome home Elaine, I know you had a wonderful vacation as I saw a lot of stuff on FB. I saw a half eaten green tomato in a pot that was nowhere near the tomato plants, we suspect a squirrel. I keep seeing one in the backyard when I wash dishes. I have also has some pots turned over and scratched in, some of the dirt is laying beside it.

Yes, my baby grandson is in school ! He seemed to enjoy it. He goes from 11:30-2:30 I think, sure about the 11:30 part but not sure when he actually gets out. Jana wound up having to pick him up yesterday as Cayla had a fall and sprang her ankle after she went back to the office. She was afraid something was broken as she felt pain and her legs being numb like they are she doesn't feel much.

Thumbnail by slcdms
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Hello All!
Jeri, so sorry to hear about your Aunt. I am glad that you made the detour and got to see her at least.

Sandra, Eli is such a cutie! I bet he does enjoy being around other kids! Sorry to hear that Cayla fell - hope that she is ok. I bet the numbness makes it difficult for her to keep her balance.

Elaine, loved your pictures! I'm sure I didn't see them all, but it looks like you had a great vacation! I love it up in that part of the country! I had really hoped to take everyone to Yellowstone and Glacier Nat'l this summer but we couldn't get the timing worked out for everyone, plus Natalie really doesn't have enough vacation time yet to take enough days off to make the trip worthwhile. MAYBE by next summer........ I love Cody, WY too. We spent the night there in 1992 and it was such a neat little town. I am sure it is much more commercial by now.

I haven't been on in several days - was swamped last week at work because I was trying to get everything done including Monday's payroll because I was off on Monday and Tuesday. Then, of course, I have been playing catch up since I got back! Took Jess to Dallas on Monday for the Shania Twain concert. She was SO excited and had a great time so it was totally worth it. She has wanted to see Shania since she was a toddler!! I am glad we finally had the opportunity to go. It was a quick trip, but we managed to hit a few stores and mark off some little things that she needed for school. We move her into her new apartment on Monday. We spent this past weekend working on projects - sewing pillows, recovering a storage ottoman, etc and Leigh is building her a TV stand for the living room..... so hopefully we will get to stain that on Saturday. We are getting closer to getting the list of summer projects checked off! :) She will be back for most of next week - we are just moving her stuff in and getting everything situated on Monday. Then she is scheduled to work 3 days next week at the hospital. Then she will be back to start classes and the fall craziness with Tiger Tunes (she is in charge of costumes), football (she is president of the Gridiron Girls this year), and 20 hrs starts. I get tired just thinking about it - but she is looking forward to her senior year - well everything except physical chemistry!

Cindy, I was hoping they would fix the AC while I was gone, but no such luck! Thankfully yesterday and today were cooler temps and less humidity which helped but it still was pushing 90 by the time I left yesterday. It was pretty cool this morning because the outside temp was mid 60s which was NICE! They came a little while ago and removed the old unit, but have left for lunch. Hopefully the new unit will be operational later this afternoon! I don't function well in a 90+ degree office! My brain shuts down! :)

Hope everyone has a blessed day!
Genna

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Sandra I hope Cayla's ankle gets well soon! She didn't need that! I didn't realize she had that much numbness! Praying her surgery corrects that.

I've been moving furniture all day. I ended up buying a bunch of stuff this morning and brought one load back. Then went back and got another load. Now I have two more loads to go. Thank goodness they have someone to load for me. I just have to unload! One piece is really heavy and will probably stay in my truck for a while. I'll get my moving guy to unload it for me when I have something for him to take to the mall. I try to have several pieces for him to move when I call him.

Jake starts back to college in about a week I think. This is his last semester. Jeff did not want him to take a really heavy class load is why it's taken him one more semester to finish. I think Clint starts back later this month also. Justin doesn't go back until some over in the middle of September. Justin doesn't get a very long break for Christmas. Barely 2 weeks. Clint is on the quarter system. So they are all on different schedules.

This message was edited Aug 13, 2015 4:37 PM

Ripley, MS

It seems strange to me seeing the school buses running again. Just seems too early, but it is in full force here. This morning was nice, but I think it was just a tease going to be hot again this weekend.
Cayla said her foot is better today

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Sandra what day is Cayla's surgery I forgot. Old timers is pretty strong these days.

Ripley, MS

Tues at 11:30-Jerry is going to his therapy at 8 Monday morning and then we will drive on up there Monday. Hoping to come home Wednesday is all goes as expected.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Thinking about you Sandra as you all travel to Cayla's. Praying for a successful surgery.

I've been working on getting all the antique booth stuff out of my living room and dining room and I have finally succeeded!!! I am not going to store stuff in there again! It has been a several month process as I had to shift things in the workshop and garage first.

I hate to have garage sales but I've decided I need to have one in a few weeks when it starts to be a little cooler. My next door neighbor wants to do one at the same time. I have hauled two truck loads of stuff to Goodwill but I have a lot of stuff I don't want to just give away!

Richard was on a tear yesterday about some kind of football paper?? that he couldn't find. Claimed he had had it but couldn't find it! He even called his daughter (I had to help him) about it! She went by the bookstore and bought him a football magazine and brought it to him. He told her it was not what he wanted!! But she was good to stay upbeat and kid with him. He was in a good mood when she left.

Ripley, MS

Thanks Charlotte, actually we are going from here to Nashville, it is a couple of hours out of the way to go to Caylas first. We will all meet this afternoon in Nashville.
We are hoping to leave by noon, Jerry went to therapy at 8 this morning.
Love you all

Sandra, will be thinking of you all these next few days, and praying for a good outcome and successful surgery for Cayla. Safe travels to you.

Charlotte, you are always busy, busy, but I know you have been working hard toward getting your garage and workshop cleaned up. It does feel so freeing to get rid of things and have 'space' again, doesn't it. I have a lot of work to do. Have been doing some of it bit by bit, but a lot more I could do.

My favorite consignment store is closing. I took a lot of clothes there that I knew would sell and would make a good bit of money each season. The cheaper and older stuff I donate but I will miss having that 'good store'. There is another one in town that has been in business a long time but it is so much further away. I don't know if another one will open up and take it's place or not on the other end of town. We'll see.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Elaine I back when I worked real jobs I had nice clothes and would take them to a consignment shop each season and like you would make a lot of money every time. I didn't mind getting rid of things I didn't wear as I could turn around and use the money I got from them to buy new things. However that store closed a long time ago and I haven't found one I like since then. I don't really have a lot of nice clothes anymore as I just wear casual stuff all the time now. But I tried taking a few of my nicer things to a consignment shop and it was just too much hassle for what I got out of it. It is also so much trouble to sell them in a garage sale that I have just started donating them.

Years ago I had a garage sale and put a bunch of clothes in it. I had a bunch of pretty colored bras and panties that were not comfortable and I had cleared them all out of my drawers and put them all in a garbage bag to donate. Well to my horror someone found the bag in my garage and before I knew it they had opened it and my underwear was spread all over the front yard on a blanket and they wanted to know prices!! I ended up selling every piece of it. But underwear is just something I would never put in a garage sale!!! I've made certain nothing like that ever happens again.

This message was edited Aug 17, 2015 9:26 AM

LOL, Charlotte. I would be horrified, but my DD (who wears a fairly unusual size bra), once sold a bunch of her bras in a garage sale and made some really decent money. Last time I ever made fun of anybody selling bras at a garage sale. I have sold some barely-worn (but uncomfortable to me) sports bras though. I would never ever sell any of mine because they are pretty worn out when I put them in a garbage bag to donate. And some go directly to the trash.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I guess I'm just funny about underwear. It is just something I don't like to sell. I don't have to worry about it anymore. I got rid of every pair of panties and every bra that didn't fit good. I only buy one style and one brand of panties! Only buy a couple of brands of bras. So what I have are totally worn out when I get rid of them. They go in the trash! I got over matching bras to outfit colors (especially sleeveless things). Then again I seldom wear anything sleeveless anymore! LOL

Ripley, MS

Charlotte, what brand of bra do you like? When Jerry got hurt and Cayla went by my house looking for me some clothes, she said I had 50 bras, and I told her I hated every one of them.
I just can't find one that is comfortable any more, since my shoulder got so bad.

We are in the bed, we went to the mall and ate at the food court, then ca,e back and had some Maggie Moo ice cream, very good but very expensive !! Of course ya'll know I am very frugal, even more so since he got hurt. There was a Piggly Wiggly in the same area with Maggie Moo, I told them we could have got 2 gallons for what we paid for 2 small cups at the Piggly Wiggly !

We have retired now, Cayla has to be at the hospital at 9:30 so she went to get a shower and get in bed. We are about 10 minutes from the hospital. I had no trouble getting in here, but Cayla did the driving to the Mall and stuff.

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Lifting Cayla in prayer today. May God be in complete control of the surgeons mind and hands. I know God will have Cayla wrapped in his blanket of love and protection. Bless you all today and may you have peace during the surgery.

Sandra, my daughter wears a DD cup & is hard to fit, and she has started going to the SOMA store since it opened here. They offer sales several times a year and she buys when they have the sales. They have a good selection so she says and she likes their bras. I like Wacoal and am often able to find them on sale online. Any of the 'good' ones seem to be pricey these days. But I don't like all the ones within the brand either. You just have to find the style within the brand too.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I like Bali bras. That's what most of mine are. I have a few Wacoal I've bought on sale. But Bali is still my favorite. I have always worn bras with an underwire and I stay away from styles that have seams that run across the cup. Yes I find the style within the brand I like and stick with it. I also only wear Bali kickernicker? panties. They are a regular brief with lots of stretch. I pick most of them up at Vanity Fair Outlets. We are finally going to have an outlet mall open in LR this fall.

Praying that Cayla's surgery goes well this morning.

Ripley, MS

She is still in surgery, they are way behind today.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

We made it home a little while ago and I'll be going through the mail for a while but wanted to let you know that Cayla is in my prayers and wish Elaine a happy birthday!!!

Ripley, MS

Surgery is over and all is well

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Sandra, I pray that the surgery went well and that Cayla will feel much better when this is over! I was away from the computer all day yesterday, but I remembered the date and have been praying!

I have been swamped at home and at work! We have had what seemed like a million things on the to do list trying to get things ready for Jess to go back to school. We loaded and loaded things on Sunday afternoon then got up early yesterday morning and loaded all the big stuff on our trailer. We had the suburban packed full - and I do mean FULL, leigh's Subaru full and then the trailer!! Crazy how much stuff we took - but she was supplying the couch, love seat and tv stand and tv plus a big part of the kitchen stuff and it adds up.... then of course, we had her lofted bed frame, mattress, desk and cabinet that all had to go in her room! We left about 8:30 yesterday morning and didn't get home until after 9 last night! It was a LONG day - but I had most of the kitchen scrubbed and shelf liner in over half the cabinets when I left.... only had 3 lower cabinets that I didn't get scrubbed out but I was tired of scrubbing and I stopped as soon as they got back with the shelf liner to try to get it in place so they could start putting things away. Jess stayed overnight to finish getting everything in her room like she wanted and she finished up the kitchen today and got everything put away. She is home now and will work tomorrow and Thursday. She is taking Friday off - and I may take off for us to play on some more projects that we haven't gotten done!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Cross posted Sandra! Glad to hear that all went well!

Sandra, very glad to hear all is well. Such a relief to hear from you.

Jeri, thank you.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Sandra glad to hear Cayla is out of surgery and that everything is ok.

Yes Happy Birthday Elaine! Elaine and my son share the same birthday!

Genna sounds like Jessie furnished the whole apartment except for the other person's bedroom. I believe I would have let Jessie and her room mate clean and organize the kitchen. They are the ones that are going to be using it.

Charlotte, I didn't realize your son and I shared the same August birthday either! Tell him Happy birthday. And thank you too!

Genna, it does sound like Jessica is providing most of the furnishings. I hope the other girl is respectful of that. I know y'all have done most of the work.

Ripley, MS

Thank you all for your prayers, they mean so much to me.

She is in a lot of pain tonight, but only where the incision is on her back
The doc that came to check on her when we got to go see her is the one who drilled her skull the first time in Dec. he will be on duty tonight to watch her. We just got back to hotel, they are having to keep her in recovery overnight as they don't have any room, there were 3 more surgery patients still there with her. They said in the morning they will get her a room as patients start leaving.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Sandra I know you are so relieved the surgery is over! Sounds like they are really really busy!

Elaine I thought I posted on your timeline yesterday wishing you a Happy Birthday and telling you that Jeff also had the same birthday. Who knows I may have failed to hit enter and send it!

No, you did Charlotte, I just didn't remember to respond here.

Sandra, you know we're all holding your hand (and Cayla's) virtually through all this in a big prayer chain. I think she probably got good attention in recovery, even though it probably wasn't real comfortable for you all if you were trying to stay with her. I hope she is free from pain as she moves through the recovery process. The incision will heal and so will she.

Ripley, MS

She spent the night and all morning in recovery, it was rough on her. They wouldn't let any of us stay. She had a good nurse trying to help her until 6am, then she got a dud !! We think she was lifting half of her pain meds, but didn't realize it until Cayla got to the floor. They only have 5mg pain pills and the floor nurse brought her 2 as quick as we got there, Cayla said Mom that nurse has only been giving me one pill, all the others gave me 2--I saw her give her one tablet, when they printed it out she was showing Cayla had 10mg every time but she was only giving her 5----The charge nurse talked to Cayla after we left and said that that nurse would be reprimanded.
I wanted to go back down there and wring her scrawny neck !!!!

We are home, safe and sound !

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Sandra that is terrible!! I would want to do more than wring her neck! She should be fired!!

Has Cayla also gone home or did she have to stay one more night.

It has rained here all day. We really needed a good all day rain.

Yes, she should be more than reprimanded. She should be monitored and fired. She is probably pocketing the pills and is either using or selling (or both).

I hope Cayla is better today. The issue with pain as we all know is staying on top of it and doing without the pills she is supposed to have is not the way to do it.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Sandra I agree with Elaine!!! That is wrong on so many levels that I can't even list them. The worst of it is that Cayla suffered!!! In the patient's bill of rights said that a patient suffer as little pain as possible. When you are in severe pain it can cause your body to go into shock. This nurse could have really cause Cayla harm. I'm so sorry that Cayla was ever in this nurse's care and glad that she is beyond that nurse's reach at this point!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.