Morning Glories 2015 # 09

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1399212

Split Second

Thumbnail by patootie
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

kinda "higey" isn't it? can't wait for my maypop to bloom..

Debra, yes, hige from as far back as 2011, none this yr,

This message was edited Jul 9, 2015 5:44 PM

Gautier, MS

Jackie, I love all your blooms! Gorgeous colors on all your blooms. Wish I had a May Pop, but I do have a few passion vines, one even came back from it's big pot and is climbing the trellis nicely. Will have to wait for it to bloom though. Today I checked and I have baby cucumber babies o my vines.

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Jackie, your blooms are beautiful!

Congrats on the baby cucumber.

Thanks ladies.
Helena, MayPop is the only Passion flower I can grow. . I kill all the tropical ones
It is invasive but I have 6 or 7 acres so I don't care. Do you want seeds if I can gather
a few later on?

Gautier, MS

Jackie, ok sure would love some MayPop seeds if you get a fruit later on.

Light rain this morning, I liked at least two blooms from today but they were damaged so only showing two others.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Love those blooms Helena. Will save you some May Pop sds if
it makes fruit. :-)

Helena those blooms are beautiful.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

that speckled is awesome, some spots some flecks, really showy. I also like the fluffy edge on the red/pink bloom , Helena. I'm working today, but this am I noticed I have some buds on that species mg on the arbor, can't wait to see if they bloom tomorrow. so much rain and now today high winds and 90's, glad I am inside at work today.
I have a lot of passies, but outsie I am sure is maypops.

Norfolk, VA

My chocolate morning glory is blooming like crazy. It has HUGE flowers over 6 inches across, with white margins around them. It's also vigorous up the fence and gutter with varigated foliage! but the seed production is pretty crappy. I'll try to take pictures as soon as I can.

Tony

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.

Glad you are getting all those chocolate blooms Tony. One of my favorite also.

Here's bloom's from today and yesterday.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Tony hand pollinate to get more sd production. Some of my Chocolate silk flowers
are huge too, sometimes they aren't.

Absolutly beautiful blooms this morning and yesterday Helena. Love the speckled and Mauve
Splash but the purps win the most beautiful award today. Drop dead gorgeous.!!

My Choc silk a couple of days ago, prettier than the one I got today
Maypop on my fence
Plum Surprise, I love it Helena. I try to pollinate it every time.
Pink Frost

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Love all your blooms today.

Hard to choose a favorite.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.

Beautiful blooms Jackie. I love your Plum Surprise too, gorgeous color! I'm glad you are having more mg and Maypop blooms.

Thanks girls. My vines are slow setting buds Helena. I don't know what the problem is.

The heat is gosh awful here. Yesterday they said it was 94 but it felt like 104
because of the humidity. I can't stand to work in it but need to. I have 10 more mg vines
to pot up.
My eye surgery is in the morning so I won't be doing any repotting for a few days. I just hope I get to have the bandage off the next morning.

Tempest
Pink Frost
Plum Velvet from Ebay by way of Helena. Thanks Helena.Unbelievably dark
Helena's cross of Pink Porcelain x Choco Silk, I have 2 of these coming along so
might get the cross bloom
The last pic is the true PPV? Plum Purple Velvet

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

We will keep you in our prayers for surgery tomorrow.

Beautiful booms!

Thanks Linda. Just want to get this over and done.
Excited about being able to see again. :-)

I bet.

Both my parents had it done years ago, and they were so happy. No more glasses. I know technology has come a long way since then!

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie! Absolutely love your Plum velvet from Ebay. To tell you the truth I think that is the true Plum velvet, gorgeous! Your other blooms are pretty too.

Wishing you a speedy recovery Jackie.

Thanks Helena, I think its the true Plum Velvet.
Will save you a few sds.
If I can see with one eye tomorrow afternoon, I will try to check in
and let you know I'm doing fine..

(Patti) Wichita, KS(Zone 6b)

I have a quick question please. I ordered 1 package of morning glories from swallowtail seeds. There are only 10 seeds in a package. I just noticed that when going back over my order. Should I have ordered two packs? Thank you.

Gautier, MS

Patti, one package with ten seeds should be enough. But it kind of depends if it's a mix of seeds or are they just one color? Are you planning on growing them in pots or along a fence? Are you growing just a few or all? And are they ipomoea nil or purpureas? No matter how many you grow this year you will probably have a lot more from your vines for next year!

(Patti) Wichita, KS(Zone 6b)

This is called "chocolate". I will be planting all of them at the base of my porch, on the West side. I live on a busy street and I am hoping this will serve as a privacy screen. You asked what type they were; I really don't know. Thank you for your response. I am looking forward to growing these.

Gautier, MS

If the name is "chocolate" then it's an ipomoea nil. One of my favorites too!

Gautier, MS

I guess I forgot to post my blooms yesterday. So happy to see my baby cucumber growing too!

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena. You will have cucumbers in no time.

Your blooms are gorgeous Helena.
Baby cucumber looks good too.

Surgery went fine but supposed to keeo my eye closed for 3 or 4 hours
and filling up on my coffee right now so I don't have the headache from he-- later
I;ve already tried to fall and put my eyes out on my bamboo sticks, Walked all across'my mg;s trying to catch my balance and didn't break a single one. No more outings for me until I
get the patch off in the am..

Took a few pics before my surgery this morning.

My PPV even though it's marked incorrectly as Pres Bush
Love your Pink Porcelain x Choc Silk cross Helena. # 2 and 3
2 different blooms open

This message was edited Jul 14, 2015 5:52 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, you need to be careful.

Beautiful morning glories.

Thanks Linda,
I keep trying to do like I would do if I had not had surgery.

No more whoop de doo's!

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.

Glad you are ok Jackie. Yes you need to be careful and take it easy until you get your patch off. Glad it went well too.

Your morning glories look great Jackie, glad you like them.

LOL Linda. For sure no more whoop de doo's.

Thanks Helena, love the cross blooms..

Jackie, is the eye patch removed yet?

Linda. just got back 30 minutes ago. I can see a lot better from that eye but the light is just blinding me. I should have asked the Dr but didn;t. My glasses don;t work as well now
but can;t do much of anything until I get the other eye done.
I had to sit and wait for almost 2 hours. Why make an appt for 910 when they know good and'well they won;t be seeing me by that time.Oh I;m so cranky today. lol

Fuji no Beni 1st and 3rd pic Look what the heat did this morning to my 1st pic 100 degrees
outside heat index. Most likely because I didn't give my camera time to adjust to the heat The 3rd pic much better
The 2nd pic is Debs lovely pink/red, so pretty. Thank you Debra.
Helena's cross
Carrion flower

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

I hate waiting at the Dr.'s office too. When will your other eye be done?

Beautiful flowers.

Gautier, MS

Glad to hear that you can see better with that eye Jackie. I hate having to wait for appointments too for my g-kids. Hard to put on a smile when everybody is bored to death.

Beautiful blooms Jackie. I'm glad you are getting some very nice blooms! That carrion flower is very neat.

Have not downloaded my pics today yet. Not too many blooms now, I think my vines are getting ready to finish blooming.

Any of yours blooming yet Debra? Hope you can share your pics with us.

Thanks Linda and Helena. He set the surgery for Aug 12 but I may cancel and do it later.

Helena I love your cross, its so delicate and reminds me of Blushing Bride just a little,

The heat there in Ms probably cuts your bloom time Helena. The heat is working a number on my vines too and more bugs than I've ever had.
Trying to find my systemic.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.