AliKat's Aug/Sept Plant Swap

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Hi Everyone,
I love DG, gardening, and plant trading! I often search around to find DGer's to trade with....then a few years ago I found this forum for trades!

So - if you want to join this swap...respond and let me know. Sometimes people want to make two trades - so if you do - let me know that as well.

I'll gather names until August 14/15....then I'll match you up with a partner....and the two of you can decide what you have to trade with each other.

All boxes should be mailed out by Sept 12...plants should be healthy and dug with a good root system. All plants need to be labeled as well so your trade partner can plant them in the correct area of the gardens.

To facilitate our trading.....there will be a thread that will be for what you have and what you want....that way we won't need to keep listing it for every trade we do! Please post your haves and wants here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1394782/

Hope you can join us for some fantastic trading!

Trading:
Candi and Annette...
Candi and Hellen...
Susie and Christine...

This message was edited Aug 29, 2015 8:49 PM

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

I 'm Here & I will or should be up to a trade aug will know more when it gets here . my Gardens are just way over the top this year the most I Have up for trade would be JUST Daylilies & Irises. so if anyone wants to trade other filler plants for these I Will be happy to to do a swap in AUg or Sept .

Looking for
ligularia bottle rocket
gypsophila baby breath pink
joe pye weed any
coneflower -- raspberry truffle -- milkshake--pink dbl
fox glove any
delphiniums have a white

list more later

This message was edited Jul 17, 2015 6:34 AM

Lockport, NY(Zone 6a)

Hello! I am very new to the group and have a brand new (this year) perennial garden in Western NY. So I need lots of plants, lol. I do have some double orange ditch lilies to share. Please include me in the swap. I left a beautiful garden chock full of plants in Tennessee when I moved to NY. I am just starting out again. I also took the Master Gardener's class in TN. I am looking forward to building my plants up again so am calling out to my gardening friends on Dave's Garden to help. I will absolutely pay it forward when my new garden takes off. Much thanks!

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I am still offering Siberian and Japanese irises for prepaid postage of $12.65 for the medium box. a minimum of 10 plants.

Elk Horn, KY

i would love to sign up for this.

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

YEAH! I'm so glad all of you can join!
It's going to be a great swap!
I've been enjoying all the different day lilies from last year's trades! It's a surprise each day!

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Put me on the list Alikat.

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Yeah -- you're on! Glad to have you!

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Hey ladies....
I'd like to add our real names next to our DG names......is everyone ok with that?
Send me a private Dmail and let me know.....or respond here....I won't post names until I hear from you all....

ok with me

Fine with me, Candi!

Elk Horn, KY

fine with me

I'm Only going to be able to do one trade for AUG

can anyone help me ID this vine It must have came in with the Liatris I Bought & Planted there Looks Like a Lupine I have a Purple Lupine right next to the liatris but this is a chocolate color . forgot to see if there was a smell to it or not .
will try to get back in there & check Not easy with crutches :)
but i gotta know :)

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9
Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

DJ -- I have no idea what that is....it's really pretty!

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

DJ -- I have no idea what that is....it's really pretty!

I found out it is Apios americana ,

Candi, don't mean to hijack your thread but I can't dmail 5 pictures at once so please forgive me. In 2013 you sent me a white noid white Siberian. It bloomed for me this spring and I can tell you it is Fourfold White by Currier MeEwen.

1. The first picture is your clump shot.
2. Your sib blooming in my terraced garden against rock wall.
3. Same shot, different angle.
4. Same shot farther distanced.
5. My Fourfold White clump growing in the all white bed.

Thank you for sharing with me, I am still searching for some older white ones like Snow Queen, Creme Chantilly, Ivory Creme and Gull's Wing. Dana Borglum's Lightening is the most beautiful white I have ever seen. It was not for sale at the time I was digging.

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy
Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

HI Mittsy
Oh yeah....I'm so happy they bloomed and now I can label the white siberian iris now! Thanks!
Take over my thread anytime!

I'm so thrilled will all the day lilies everyone has sent me over the years....they are stunning this year! Check out some blooms below....

Thumbnail by AliKat32 Thumbnail by AliKat32 Thumbnail by AliKat32 Thumbnail by AliKat32

Thank you, you are too kind. Day lilies. I recognize #2 as Pandora's Box and #4 is Cleo, a spider lily. They were shared, and I in turn, have shared them, too. I really think that about half of my gardens came from dejays monthly swaps.

nice pictures ev1.
ALI Just wanted to let you know Nanny & I Have set up a swap for this Month & I'm just doing ONE swap at this time :)

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

ok -- one trade for you DJ!
Mittys - thanks for the Id's on the daylilies....I'm going to make tags right now! I didn't know cleo was a spider lily...no wonder it looks so different from the other day lilies!

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

HI Everyone....

Here are the trades...

Candi and Annette....
Candi and Hellen...
Susie and Christine.....

Please contact each other and work out your timing and trades. This thread is short enough that we can post our pictures here!

Quote from deejay9 :
nice pictures ev1.
ALI Just wanted to let you know Nanny & I Have set up a swap for this Month & I'm just doing ONE swap at this time :)

Sorry I just cannot so another swap for I have a fractured foot .
hope this won't put a damper on this .
I have already sent my box out to nanny & she is sending hers to me on monday . ty
susie

Elk Horn, KY

just drop me for this month swap. its so dry here that nothing looks good. thanks

I'm sorry cz I Would have loved to do a swap with you if I hadn't already agreed to do one with Nanny & then i fractured
My foot , so sorry but just don't think i could justice to the Box at this time .

Annette informed me that my box from her should be here today so i will be back later with pictures :)
Thank you all .

I received my box from deejay9 and have sent hers to her. She should get it today. She sent me a wonderful assortment of plants.
DLs, Creative Vision, Dragon Prince, Hocus Pocus, Moon Snow, Outrageous, and a lost tag. Brug- noid.
Asiatics lilies #1 & #2.
Hardy geranium, Tiny Monster,
Bergenia Winter glow, a beautiful pair of hand painted Garden Gloves, 6 different Columbine seeds,Foxglove seeds,
Red hen and chicks, and White Liatris.
Brit Marie Ligularia
Ornamental Tree- noid
I hope I haven't forgotten anything. Thank you so much Susie!
I am having issues (or DG is ) uploading pics to the site. Has anyone else had a problem or is it just ME? lol When I get it figured out I will post pics.

This message was edited Aug 26, 2015 10:36 AM

Elk Horn, KY

its ok susie. hope your foot heals nicely for you! that sounds painful

Afternoon all well mail just came & With my Box from Annette :) Here is what was in the box

Daisy "Real Galaxy "
Ech : " Cheyenne Spirit"
Hosta : Dream Weaver & Frances William
Strawberry : "Trisan Pink "
Sedum - Unknown so will name annette :)
Naked Lady Amaryllis is she Hardy Here Z5 Or will i have to
over winter ?
Balloon Flower - Purple
Clematis : Lavender /Pink cool

Also a Note to say there is another Box of NON- Live Goods that will be arriving in a few days & really not Necessary this is all so nice but never say No to a box :)
Thank you annette & Now Off to get them Planted .

Thumbnail by deejay9

You are so welcome Susie. I always look forward to trading with you.

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

WOW -- great plants!
I've been chopping down all the daylilies....it's such a sad time of year!
Looking forward to mums tho!

yes I started doing that also ali Pretty sad when they are all done I Do have a few late Bloomers so that is nice & Would like to maybe divide the & put them in other gardens so I will have late color there also :)
I also love the mums & Hybicus Happy Gardening

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Susie....how's the foot? I fractured my a few years back....annoying as anything! I hope it's not giving you too much trouble!

A few years ago I transplanted some of the purple and yellow hardy mums around to the other gardens....and this year they are getting big enough to make a color difference....I really like the orange ones but they never seem to come back for me! I've purchased two new ones again this year....maybe it will be a lucky year!

Annette and I are going to swap some bulbs....

Anyone want seeds? Susie - are you going to do a seed swap box this year???

Hugs
C

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Candi,
What kind of seeds do you have? Interested in anything that would grow in Ohio.

Afternoon ev1
well as for my foot I still have to wear my Boot till I get fitted with a New Brace doc said my Foot Bones are to brittle not to wear a brace & not sure when i will be fitted for i still have not heard from Mary free bed hospital who do the braces .

As for the seed Robin I was thinking I Might open one this fall will go post to see how many might be interested in joining.

I also have been collecting many seeds . I've had help in my gardens cutting it back for winter , & also repainting my walls .

well its time to get to the last of my wall put it off all Morning & went to lunch with friends so i think i better get it finished this afternoon so i can finely put away the paint cans :) ect so you all have a great week .

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Hi Everyone,

I've been so busy lately....and none of it in my garden! Looking forward to a weekend of playing clean up from the summer!

Kat -- I have lupine, rose campion, purple coneflower, liguleria, daylily, siberian iris, cosmos, hollyhock that I can think of off the top of my head....If DJ does her seed robin....that's a great way to get alot of seeds!

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

I'm doing the robin, love trying out different seeds to see what I can add to my garden. Are you going to be in it?

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

kat....I'm in the robin.....i got so many seeds a few years ago....it was FUN FUN FUN to open the robin...look at all the seeds....research which ones I wanted and get it repacked all in three days! SO MUCH FUN! Glad you'll be in it too!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.