4 Obstacles to Decluttering & How to Beat Them Part 4

Newark, DE

Time to start a Part 4 thread because our posts were over 300...again! LOL

We came from here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1376155/

If you are new - please join us. Everyone here is wonderful. We are all dealing with clutter (and life in general) issues, but trying to seek the humor in all things too. I started the original thread, which grew into part 2, then 3 and now this one. I am not one who feels we "must stay on topic". To me, we are a great bunch of women, working through a lot of different issues but always supporting one another, so don't be afraid to post whatever is on your heart because we are all supportive of one another.

Enjoy!

Debbie

Newark, DE

It sounds like you are making progress Holly and staying smart with the back issues. Please take it easy so you can enjoy that trip!

If we were closer, I'd run by and pick up one of those mint plants myself. Mom used to grow it right out the kitchen door when I was little. We'd always grab some for our tea all summer long. Dad hated it because it spread so much and would keep mowing it. He succeeded in killing it and Mom never replanted any. I don't know why I never did? Weird, huh?

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

Good thing no rule to stay on topic!
I'd never make it!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I'm here, Ric is cleaning the front porch today. GS JR came last night he is helping Ric with the porch and he helped me this morning running the steps to the second floor taking things up stairs that I no longer need down here. (Make that things that I don't probably need at all anymore). Working on the upstairs is going to be a winter project. I will be ruthless.......well I will try to be ruthless. LOL I had a couple of piles of sheets and tableclothes and a small lamp to go up stairs. I had a couple of boxes of pictures to bring down (DIL called the other day and wanted pictures of my twins both her and SIL are planning some kind of party or surprise of some kind for their 40th BD and they wanted old pictures. Most of my pics aren't in a proper folder but they are in plastic containers where they are save and sound by not in any order. Also the suitcases are up stairs. So nice for me to only have to make one trip up and down with JR to fetch and carry things up and down the steps for me.

Newark, DE

Me either Rosie. I can't stay on topic most times, anywhere, so I don't see why I should be like some and police threads to be that way....... "why...it's just ain't natural!"

Good going Holly! Sounds like JR is a blessing for you both. Hope you can be as ruthless as you hope to be this winter. It's not always easy. For now, take care of yourself and make sure you have a great trip

I know I have been admonished by some!!! And the thing is the person that admonished is a repeat offender --- but I guess that is OK -- depending on who it is getting off topic.

Holly - sounds like you lucked out with your helper.

Ruthless ..... requires all thoughts of: "I may need this someday" "this is worth something"
"I was saving this for...." "Maybe the kids want this" " I paid..."

to be banished .... Those pesky interfering thoughts ...😉

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I will try really hard. Yes JR was a big help. We had a really nice day after working in the morning we all went out and got him new school shoes (2 pairs) had dinner at Chilies ran a few errands. He wanted to stay over another night so I may see if I am up to working in the utility area again today. He would be good help out there, too. Mostly today I want to get my clothes together so I know what I want to take and what I might need. Thursday and Friday are going to be busy days

Newark, DE

Rosie - I have too and noticed the same thing from others. That is why I don't care where the conversation goes. Sure, we're here mostly to discuss clutter and its "cure" but that is not all there is to life. In fact, it is all the other "stuff" in life that contributes to the clutter! So, if you can talk about whatever, get it off your chest then the pent up feelings do not degrade to clutter behavior...IMO

I must agree with your other statement as well -

"Ruthless ... requires all thoughts of: "I may need this someday" "this is worth something"
"I was saving this for..." "Maybe the kids want this" " I paid..."

If we can always keep that all in mind and act accordingly I think our clutter problem would be solved. I find at least one of those things to be my downfall. We're in the middle of some things here but if it gets sorted out favorably, I will not be trying to sell as much stuff and there will be more donations made. I hope to be able to get "ruthless" myself and the sooner the better!

Hmmm....Maybe I could adopt JR for a few weeks. LOL You go Holly!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

My oldest daughter is a real shopalcoholic. She is great at finding really good sales, buys gift for other people. She has an unbelievable wardrobe. She loves comfy jammies I know she could wear a different pair every day for more than a month.She doesn't spend money that she doesn't have but she works a full time and part time job. She has CC's at all of her favorite stores and goes in to the store to pay the bill and always comes home with something new each time. So a few years ago she was talking about giving up her PT job and talking about her Store CC's. I suggested that she stop going into the stores to pay the bill each month that would keep her out of the stores and that she doesn't buy any new clothes for 1 year. Then her CC's would all be paid off she would have a lot of extra $$ and she could quit her PT job. She looks at me and said "Mom that is never going to happen" LOL

That is a "kid" that knows her own mind!

What she needs to do is expand her love of the experience to others. Then she can get paid for what she loves to do and is so good at!

I take my hat off her her ( but I won't share MY month's worth of Jammie's ) sinceI signed up for Amazon Prime I truly have not set foot in a store.

Newark, DE

Funny... sad... but honest. I think Rosie could be on to something there. People do pay others to shop for them, so why not suggest she do that to replace her part time job she wants to quit? If she is spending other people's money she won't be spending hers, yet still get the adrenaline rush from shopping that is her "thing" and making money too.

About 6-8 years ago my step son was griping about being broke and having such high bills (this after saying he got hit with about a $700 cell phone bill). So I made some suggestions, which got me "okay, I could do that" or "maybe", but when I suggested doing something with the cell phone.... I heard "NOPE! I rather die first". (huh???) I went on to explain I wasn't saying get rid of it, I was suggesting he limit his calls, or minutes or switch to a limitless plan. I don't have one so I don't know how it all works, nor do I care, but I had seen commercials and knew there were different plans back then. He just looked at me like I was the one that was nuts. Yeah... right...., but I am not the one that had those high bills, nor do I feel I would rather die than live without a cell phone. Ironically, not long afterward he switched to a limitless plan, so I guess ole mom was not so stupid about it even years ago.

He just turned 35 and still has his phone glued to his side but he has a better time meeting the bills, thankfully.

I have had similar experience with daughter (who is normally level headed ( too level headed )

But she got the grandson a cellular phone. "He needs to call when ready to be picked up from various activities." ( She is ALWAYS with him during baseball, soccer, etc) She likes that she "can call him when she wants to" and that he can find her at "only a phone call away." I say" get a Trak phone " $16.99 and put $25 bucks on it. Add $$ if needed. I have a Verison - a $260 phone that they gave me for $100 plus 400 minutes. I pay $100 a year for 400 minutes. Unused minutes roll over. Every year. If I need more money on it -- I can add. I use my IPAD for texts when needed $25 Data for 3/mo. I can talk ( verbally thru it if needed....... Why does 11 year old need an I phone??? I do not get it. BUT after stating my suggestion - I keep quiet. She is level headed and I have to figure she knows what she is doing!! 😆😣😉. But I still can't help but wonder..........

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh she wouldn't be interested in buying clothes for other people as a job. LOL Getting presents for other people she loves doing that. She just got a huge raise at her job, will more than cover leaving her PT job if she decides that is what she wants to do. She is talking about possibly quitting her PT job again but we will see if she actually does it. She bartends and waitresses at a bowling alley. Very good at what she does and makes great tips. I will admit it would be hard to give up that kind of money for the few hours she works. Her SO bowls in the leagues, one of the nights that she works is league night. She has been there for quite a few years and has a lot of friends. Every year at Christmas time she bakes cookies and always takes in a few trays for the bar.

Like my daughter in law.she bar tends and manages the staff that night. 2-3 nights a week when she has something coming up to pay for - kids birthdays, family vacations, holidays etc., or just a night weekend and she too uses it as a social network. She did this at same place all through college. But she doesn't work otherwise. I think when the little one goes to school she may do something more steady. Meanwhile son works 18 hours a day to keep the boat afloat.

I meant Verizon phone - not venison!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

LOL Didn't even notice the venison.
Very sad story a friend of Julies in her late 30's/ early 40's died suddenly a few months ago. Natural causes, well if you can call a blood clot in a young woman of that age natural. She leaves behind a young 8 yr old daughter. The poor girl has no father and her grand father (daily caregiver) died less than a year ago now she has lost her mother as well. Her uncle unmarried has been living with his sister for years so he is now going to take on the full time care of this little girl and raise her by himself. He is a stand up guy with a good job.
So Julie and her friends thought that they would put on a fundraiser for this little girl. With all their connections and her friend being so well liked it wasn't hard to put something together just a lot of work. They got a bar to donate a room to them and 3 bands to donate their time. Plus tons of free things that they Raffled off and ended up with just over $4,000.00.

That is great. There are go fund me pages that raise significant amounts of money for good causes. People relate to certain life circumstnces and donate.

Terrible for that little girl. But lucky she has a loving uncle.

Well I guess you are right up against your trip. Have a great time and enjoy !!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Yes, I have started packing.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Just got back from camping last night with three of the grandies and I'm trying to catch up on threads. Notice I didn't say catch up on house stuff. Hehehe.

Have been doing laundry today and cleaned out the camper. It's hard coming home to the renovation MESS. Jeff starts Inservice tomorrow at school. He is only teaching three classes this year plus a study hall so he should be finished by 12:30. More time for projects. LOL

Hoping Holly and Ric are having a SUPER time in AK.

We used to camp with the kids all the time at Lake George.
Loved it. Can smell the perked coffee on the camp stove right now !!! And the bacon and eggs were great. I bet you had a wonderful time.

Didn't worry about ticks then either -- never even heard of Lyme Disease! Ah Youth!

We have had no major renovations since the bath last year and that took months with the bedroom contents in the living room. The workmen used the bedroom entance to access the area plus we painted and redid the bedroom floors and so was better to vacate it. We only have two bedrooms and no place to move the stuff ( contents of two walk ins because dressing area part of renovation). The clothing racks and bedroom furniture in living area. Then......the tile got delayed......... 😖

Now we have outside stuff that needs doing and as is his usual habit...hubby has 50 projects going at once.

I spent late afternoon and yesterday evening at mall ( I never set foot in mall if canbe helped ) ugh.
Sophia is 6 and between sizes and wanted together few things to start first grade. she is good company. Bella (3 year old sister) steals the show and so I think Sophia appreciated an evening out where she didn't have to compete for 'ear' time.

Then we took her to Maggianos because pasta is her " best thing to eat "
We got her back home pretty late but Bella was still up and moving ( like a hurricane ) -- those two hugged and squeezed each other like they had been separated a year.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

AAAWWWWW!!!! Sounds familiar. We didn't take Thomas (he's only 2) the others couldn't wait to see him. Unfortunately he had been sick most of the week and was asleep when we got home so he wasn't very WITH it when they came in. Today he was much perkier!

Newark, DE

Yeah, I could never see the cell phone thing. Maybe if you were a doctor and were actually needed, a contractor in the field, or elderly or diabled and lived out in the rural areas, then maybe. Otherwise? Have you ever heard a conversation (and you hear them all - want to or not) where the cell phone owners actually have something that can't wait? Not me. I stopped at Radio Shack a year to so ago to get something and was asked if they could update my phone. I laughed and said "Ha! I don't even have a cellphone" I was greeted with 3 young faces in complete shock looking at me like I were an anomaly of nature. One said "what if you were out and had a flat tire?" I said "that's why I have a properly inflated spare and a jack". Another said "what if you break down?" I said I have a tool box and could probably fix it because I keep it's maintenance done" The third said "well, what if you couldn't fix it and needed a tow truck?" I laughed again and said "Son...have you paid attention to where you live? Can you name me a ANY road in this county where you can walk a mile and not pass a store of some type with 40 houses in between where you couldn't get to a phone to use?" All 3 were a sight to see. It was like they had been slapped with a truism that had never occurred to them. Likely it never did, because this society now believes they NEED a cellphone.

Not me. I don’t need, nor want a cell phone to be tracked and also I certainly don’t need a new vehicle to be manipulated. Nope. gonna keep my old one, thank you. The whole “convenient” aspect never made sense to me when I could see the future….and here it is in this short article:

Hackers Remotely Kill a Jeep on the Highway—With Me in It – (Wired – July 21, 2015)

I was driving 70 mph on the edge of downtown St. Louis when the exploit began to take hold. Though I hadn’t touched the dashboard, the vents in the Jeep Cherokee started blasting cold air at the maximum setting, chilling the sweat on my back through the in-seat climate control system. Next the radio switched to the local hip hop station and began blaring Skee-lo at full volume. I spun the control knob left and hit the power button, to no avail. Then the windshield wipers turned on, and wiper fluid blurred the glass. As I tried to cope with all this, a picture of the two hackers performing these stunts appeared on the car’s digital display: Charlie Miller and Chris Valasek, wearing their trademark track suits. The Jeep’s strange behavior wasn’t entirely unexpected. I’d come to St. Louis to be Miller and Valasek’s digital crash-test dummy, a willing subject on whom they could test the car-hacking research they’d been doing over the past year. The result of their work was a hacking technique—what the security industry calls a zero-day exploit—that can target Jeep Cherokees and give the attacker wireless control, via the Internet, to any of thousands of vehicles. Their code is an automaker’s nightmare: software that lets hackers send commands through the Jeep’s entertainment system to its dashboard functions, steering, brakes, and transmission, all from a laptop that may be across the country. All of this is possible only because Chrysler, like practically all carmakers, is doing its best to turn the modern automobile into a smartphone. Uconnect, an Internet-connected computer feature in hundreds of thousands of Fiat Chrysler cars, SUVs, and trucks, controls the vehicle’s entertainment and navigation, enables phone calls, and even offers a Wi-Fi hot spot. And thanks to one vulnerable element, which Miller and Valasek won’t identify until their Black Hat talk, Uconnect’s cellular connection also lets anyone who knows the car’s IP address gain access from anywhere in the country.

My step son uses his GPS around town, where he has spent all his life since 13!!!. He still can't believe we rode motorcycles cross country, multiple times without a GPS or a cell phone. It's a crazy messed up world isn't it? Does anyone use their brain anymore?

I will say, if we do move to a rural area and since Dave is disabled and I am older too, we might consider a cell phone then. It depends on the area and what's around if it is rural enough to be needed. But not now, not here.

Newark, DE

I got caught up in the cell phone thing and forgot about what else I intended to say - We used to camp when I was a kid all the time. To this day, when I smell bacon frying that is my first thought. I don't know why, but it tasted better out there in the woods, and so did the perked coffee - heck... everything! There were some great times for sure! I'll never forget them!

Welcome home Jan!

Holly - I hope you have a great time and take lots of pics! Stay safe and protect that back.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Hot dogs over the campfire is the best. The grandies didn't have access to their devices for games, neither did i(hehehe). I did bring the iPad for pics and when one of them asked about playing a game on it, I politely told him NO it was only for pics he was fine with it. I never heard 'I'm bored' all week. It was great. We did bring their bikes and they had one on one time in the canoe to learn how to steer. That was how they found THE tree. One of them spied it on the shore from the canoe. Next time we go they want to be in a site closer to it. They way the roots are exposed I don't know how long it will last before falling over.

Thumbnail by Jan23 Thumbnail by Jan23
Newark, DE

Wow Jan - pretty pics, great looking "grandies". Where did y'all go?

The tree is pretty cool and I can imagine if I were a kid, I'd be all excited too. It could be your fort or castle or prison from the pirates....LOL.... Imagination at that age is boundless. It is pretty exposed, but it does seem to have some age, so those roots go quite deep. It might be surprising how long it does stay there.

Looks like there was fun for all!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

We go to Brown Tract Pond campground in the Adirondacks near Raquette Lake. Jeff gre up going there and we always took our boys there. No motors on the boats, an island with a great rock to jump from, a beach area and lots of trees. We love it there. No hookups. The toilets are now flush toilets, but years ago they weren't. No showers. We would ask our boys if they wanted to go somewhere else and they always said NO!!! Once they were old enough and could swim well we would let them canoe out to the island. No worries. One year Jeff lashed two canoes together cuz we had friends along. It was great. Now our grannies like it too. They wanted to stay longer. Looking forward to next year.

Emptied a bookcase in one of the bedrooms we are renovating. Now what to do with it all?

Great tree.

Newark, DE

Oh yes! We camped in the Adirondacks many times, though I don't recall that specific campground name. They were all pretty and nice places to stay. Your spot sounds perfect, especially for a family with kids. That's the thing about campgrounds too - everyone there is one big "family" and watch out for each other.

Jan - as to the bookcase....just remember Rosie's wise words -

"Ruthless ... requires all thoughts of: "I may need this someday" "this is worth something"
"I was saving this for..." "Maybe the kids want this" " I paid..."

Use them to sort the "stuff" and then you'll have an easier time.

Maybe because I am 60, but I have started adding another thought to my decrappifying process and that is this....if I think so-n-so wants this or that (or it's who I would leave it to if I croak) and I am not using it, then why not give it to them now? I have found them to be very appreciative, I know they get it and it's out of my house. Or.... I ask beforehand and if they don't want it, at least I know now and decide to do something else with it. That way, I still get rid of it and they are not burdened with something I "left for them" and they feel obligated to keep it because I did. I think it helps both parties that way because that is one thing that makes getting rid of stuff hard. "So-n-so left that to me, so I better keep it"..... Why pass that burden on to others if it is not something they really want anyway?

Crozet, VA

Greetings again all - Wow, you ladies are all really busy bees. Holly, I suppose you are now in Alaska and I know that both you and Ric love adventures and I know you are having one now. I too look forward to pictures and stories upon your return.

Jan, you too seem to be a real traveler too. The camping trip sounds like fun, even though I am the world's worst camper....like hotel beds and other amenities. Spoiled for sure.

Speaking of hotel beds.....John and I finally left home and spent two weeks, the last week of June and first week of July riding across the country to attend a Grateful Dead concert in San Jose CA. Phew!!!! Lots of miles on our car now. I had never traveled across the Midwest and found the trip to be really enjoyable and interesting in terms of seeing live places I had only seen on TV and in the movies. I am still semi-recovering from that trip but it was worth it.

I have once again planned a major decluttering day......Next Monday I have a worker coming to help motivate me to get things done this time. Last time I planned to attack particular room, I was feeling poorly and my friend who had planned to help called and she was ill also. I hope that I will still have some energy come Monday.

Thank you all for the allowance here for folks who want to chat off topic. I too would be lost if having to stay on topic......not in my bones to do so.....that brings me to another issue occurring in my life currently. I have already written and told Debbie about my latest diagnosis, but want to share.

I will start by saying that about nine years ago now I happened upon Dave's Garden and fell totally in love with all the folks that I have now been privileged to meet in person and those that I only know through chats also. Anyway, a few months after joining Dave's I was diagnosed with breast cancer which would lead up to five different surgeries to do mastectomy reconstruction. Due to the low stage of the cancer and the fact that I already took a great deal of medication daily, my doctor chose not to do chemo or radiation and I have now been breast cancer free for the nine or so years. Hallelujah......I remember folks here at Dave's who served as a great and comforting support system for me. People were so kind to me and that made what I was going through a lot more tolerable.

Late last week I told that I am now dealing with a very low grade Lymphoma which is localized in the left groin area. I will be having a full body CT scan on Friday to make sure there isn't cancer anywhere else. The Friday after that I will meet with the Oncologist again and come up with a treatment plan for the groin area. If I hadn't been displaying a good amount of swelling in my left ankle, which may be stemming from the mass in groin, the doctor would have chosen to do nothing but watch the cancer at this stage. So, along with having bad news, the news is also good in that this has been found very early and doesn't seem to be a life threatening issue at this point.

I haven't shared the latest with many people yet and will do so as I ease myself back in to conversations with others. I am over the initial shock and feel good about my future....sure puts piddly stuff in to perspective, huh?

Hope this hasn't brought anyone down....don't want to do that....please treat me as always, which I am glad to report has always been super kindly and respectful. Hope I can return the same to you great folks.

For now....take good care all and I will try to check in a lot more often than in the past. I am going to need as many friends as I can get over the next little bit. Ciao for now.

Ruby

Ruby
I am sorry about your new diagnosis and while it hasn't made me feel down per se it does give worry and regret that it is something you have to deal with. To my way of thinking as we age the less issues that arise - the better. There is enough to clutter up the daily living. It seems that having already had a diagnosis of a serious disease you are well equipped to manage the fears and scares that come with it.

We have been asking about you a lot this past year and who knows - maybe this is why - all here to offer encouragement when you are feeling blue and to remind you that there are sunny days ahead ( and more concerts and travels ) and you will soon have this behind you. Keep the faith with your doctors and in your sturdy body - it knows what to do after all these years of living.

So glad you are back!!!! Good luck with your de cluttering. Don't wear your helper out. Toss the crap and make needed room for NEW crap!!

This message was edited Aug 26, 2015 6:43 PM

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Dearest Ruby!!!! Praying for your upcoming app't on Friday. We're here to encourage in any way we can.

Part of my issue is that I really like the things that came down from my folks, but am running out of room, especially with the reno. Good idea, Loves, about giving my kids some of the stuff NOW rather than later.

Newark, DE

Hey Ruby!

I didn't get to post your "hi" to everyone for you yesterday, but I am glad you did so, as well as give them the news. I have answered your email but will say again - know that you are in Dave and my prayers for all the best. Everyone here has missed you and asked about you often. Glad you are back to joining us! We're here for your emotional support through this latest health issue, but also to cheer you on in the decluttering efforts.

You should go take a pic of the lounge room now, before you start, so you can see your own progress, even if you don't post it here. It helps you see what you have DONE, not what you have to do. It's just a thought as sometimes I focus on what is to do, not what I have done. It is good to see the other side and easily see what you have accomplished. Like me, you are unable to move as quickly as you once did, so a job that would have been done in an afternoon can take days. That can be depressing but a "comparison picture" helps cut through the focus "fog" of what needs to be done.....at least for me....then again, I may be nuts and it's just me.

Newark, DE

Wow!!!! I came by DG this morning and so many forums have been lumped together you can't find anything. What a mess!!!! If the rest of you find this thread - I am just checking in to say "hi".

I don't know if this is a trial thing or how they want it to stay, but I don't like it.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Oh, I see what you mean!!! But, the threads that I WATCH pop up immediately and I don't have to search for them.

The master closet is finished enough to hang up clothes, sooooo....I went through most things and sorted by long and short, then long-sleeve and short, then by color. Now, to see if I keep it that way.

I have to touch up paint on one wall that Jeff marred when putting in the flooring.

Newark, DE

Sadly I don't "watch" any because I went where I wanted. Now I can't find any of them that I WAS reading. The only way I found this thread and forum was to search "4 Obstacles". I only knew that because I started the thread, otherwise, I'd be looking for Clean and Clutter free!!

I had been learning a lot here, but now I can't find the threads I was reading and the forums are lumped together so badly I don't know where to even look. I guess my gardening/plant learning will have to be done through search engines, because DG's search gives you too much to read and sort through that may or may not be relative. You can't locate anything to learn when the forum names are so broad and you don't know if what you want is considered as this or that. I think my DG days may just be limited to here from now on and my plant/gardening learning done on web searches. :-(

Congrats on the closet!!! Sounds like you really organized them on their return. I hope you can keep it that way. It will make looking for certain things SOOO much easier. Keep up the good work!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Hopefully, I can keep it organized. It's NICE being able to see and reach a hanger.

I'd be lost if I didn't click on the watch spot on each thread I like to read. I do sometimes look around in some of the other forums.

Newark, DE

I never knew we were suppose to "watch" something we went to all the time. Apparently, like me, many others here like to just read too and didn't "watch" or "favorite" things. I posted my thoughts at the forum about the changes. I doubt I am liked by the admin. Oh well...But, I wrote what I thought and it seems many have agreed with me.

Whatever.......

Guess I will just be staying here. I might drop in Trash to Treasure once in a while to look around, but as far as trying to go back to where I was reading and learning about flowers? Geez....forgetaboutit. I can't find where the threads I was reading are now. I give up. Maybe I'll just go get some books. LOL

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

I hear you. I also used to scroll down to where I left off on a thread, which can get to be LONG if there are lots of posts and then one day someone mentioned....just click on SKIP TO NEW at the top of the thread and lo and behold it takes you right to the last post you were reading. I will say THAT was a timesaver, cuz sometimes I had 27 threads I was following.

There are so many forums that I have never even visited. Guess I should poke around a bit and explore them sometime.

Boy, yesterday was SOOOO muggy!

Newark, DE

I have used the "skip to new" almost the whole time. You're right - it is a big time saver.

You are so right. It was nasty yesterday and I had to go have some medical tests done to see what's going on with my difficulty in swallowing plus get groceries. YUK! Between the heat and humidity, it was hard to breathe. Today is supposed to be about the same, but thankfully I plan to stay inside in the AC! Supposedly Friday will be a little better. I hear fall is coming.....at least the calendar says so. :-)

I just " watch" and then if I am looking for specific or want to browse..I will use the discussion groups or communities. I have not seen new format but I went straight here. I will check tho.

What I have noticed for a few months is that someone will post a question or a comment in a forum ( start a new thread ) and what are posted as responses sound like ads to me...like someone will say " I am wondering what kind of curtains to use in my livingroom " and the answer will be " if you want great curtains look at this site..Inhave purchase the best curtains at great prices..." and then there will be a link. But it feels like it isn't a legit response...almost like a canned response to link to a sales site. I have not clicked to see what was at the other end. Also twice I have received emails to my AOL acct saying DG has sent a private DMail and that I need to sign in to see it. But

1. I am signed in to DG
2. When I sign in again there is no mail

I wrote to DG about this but no information about what it was. I changed my password Don't ask me to what! I forget. So if I disappear it is because I can't get back in!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.