Time to vote! Choose your favorite images in our annual Photo Contest HERE

weather in the garden # 139

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

we came from here:http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1392630/#top
chilly with rain sprinkles

South Hamilton, MA

Thanks J2. Hope today's rain sinks into the ground.

Thomaston, CT

My town ended up with 1.5".....not as much as predicted, but still very welcome.....it seems as though the hurricane will hit CT on Monday or Tues. if the predictions are correct.....

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

hurricane? I need to check the news

South Hamilton, MA

Either coming to us, or out to sea. I think we all would like the 2nd option.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Amen!

South Hamilton, MA

51 breezy & overcast

South Hamilton, MA

50 breezy. It is not raining, but looks as if it would like to be so. Hurricane turning east after rain in the Carolinas.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Boy are we lucky! It was very nice for working outside all weekend with only occasional clouds. A bit overcast this morning.

South Hamilton, MA

51 going only to 58. Sunny with a bit of a breeze.

Thomaston, CT

Returned last night from a trip to Pittsford, NY......44 & cloudy on Sat., but 65 & sunny on Sunday.....went to Highland Park (where the lilac festival is held every year).....a lilac named Cheyenne had lovely burgundy foliage.....lots of exotic trees & shrubs there...also went to Genesee Valley Museum......Wayside Gardens, where I picked up some nifty broken cup daffs in different colors.....

South Hamilton, MA

I have never seen broken cup. 5 3 going to 64 this afternoon. sunny.

Thomaston, CT

Split-cup daffs are very pretty....just a little different, but I like them.....should hit 75 today!

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

I want to visit Wayside gardens! Great destinations, Marilyn.

It is sunny and almost 70 outside. Tall box with my new tree is sitting in our driveway. Can't wait for the chance to work outside again.

South Hamilton, MA

67 sunny the highest temp it will be in some weeks.

Thomaston, CT

Sunny today, mid 60s....hate to see the 70s go!

South Hamilton, MA

yes, but I will still take mid to high 60s. 53 here today

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

By end of the day it was 68 though it started colder. Out planting our new tree, I saw fireflies! I think it's because of having to garden after dark. There weren't particularly any mosquitoes, though with 8 WNV cases in the region, protection is a consideration. Two weeks of steady soil preparation are done. Pics soon.

Thomaston, CT

Cloudy here, waiting for showers both this morning & this afternoon......temp will hit 70.....Sounds like you've done a lot of work, Rosemary...can't wait to see the photos!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

just has a few minutes of hard rain - hope there is more to come. Sunny weekend coming up.

South Hamilton, MA

66 rain has started about 15 minutes ago It has been raining harder further north. Breezy all day..

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Since the cold front came in at noon, there has been rain off and on throughout the afternoon and now too. The ground is wet, just the right thing for a lanky adolescent tree.

South Hamilton, MA

We just had enough rain to cover the bottom of the pot which we use for a gage. that's all.

Thomaston, CT

That's about all we had, too......very disappointed....it rained very hard in southern CT, but not here....Sunny & low 60s today....good day to make soup!

South Hamilton, MA

53 not going to get much warmer

Thomaston, CT

Today was sparkling....65, sunny, bright blue sky......

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

We went camping on the weekend and woke up to 35 yesterday morning. We were expecting 45. It was a bit nippy.

Thomaston, CT

Very nippy for camping....I was tucked under a quilt with the heat on! Today the forecast is for 70s & sunny.....happy days!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

We did turn the heat on yesterday when we got home. We were trying to hold out for awhile. Why? Who knows!!! Hehehe

South Hamilton, MA

65 & suuny

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Beautiful foliage starting. Camping would be fun. It's rather warm today and sunny, temp 69

Thomaston, CT

The temp hit 75 here.....I was working up a sweat in the garden, but I got a few things done.....showers & 70 today......

South Hamilton, MA

61 off & on light showers. I was bothered by a sore hip yesterday so did not get anything done in the garden. Our last really warm day is today & with luck the showers will be through here by this afternoon.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

cooling down here, getting windy too.

South Hamilton, MA

56 sunny

Thomaston, CT

Sunny & 63 today.....big chill, hard frost coming!

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

No frost yet. Isn't that interesting? close to 70 degrees at one point today, and just lovely in the am especially. The little stream near us is almost dry, which is unusual for this time of the year. It is still hard to get enough water onto the newer trees.

Thomaston, CT

Sunny & 60 for today.....meeting a friend for lunch....her DH is cutting a mat board for me....The art store I always went to closed, so hard to find mats for my paintings......

South Hamilton, MA

49 & sunny. Temperature prediction is 60 Sorry about the art store closing.

Thomaston, CT

I'm sorry, too.....I bought many art kits & projects for my grandkids there....they had quality stuff.....A few showers this morning....now it has cleared, temp should be low 60s.....

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.