weather in the garden # 139

Thomaston, CT

Don't know our total, but Burlington...2 towns away...had over 4"! I'm guessing we had at least 3....sunny & 55 today....

South Hamilton, MA

49 sunny slight breeze. Predicted up to 55

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

33 degrees and frost on the ground again. Two irresistible conifer purchases are poised near their spots but I think the squamata fir is going to overwinter in a pot for convenience. The clock falls back tonight!

South Hamilton, MA

48 Watching the Breeder's cup races this afternoon. 1-4pm on NBC Sports & 4-6pm on the regular NBC channel. American Pharoah's last race.

Thomaston, CT

He was a great one, for sure.......high of 55 today with lots of sun.....smart to overwinter in a pot, Rosemary.....just to give it extra protection....

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

It did warm up enough to make progress, Somehow I had mentally thought it was like a jack pine, but no. Some wholesalers say 'Flaky' the true squamata pine is tolerant of zone 5, but some say 6a, and it is fine in pots. So, it will join the small group of protected pots and have mobility.

South Hamilton, MA

Predicted to be warmer next week.

Thomaston, CT

Sprinkly right now.....should clear by noon.....here is a photo of my grandkids from last evening....they were on their way to a party.....Hayden, Anni, & Grant

Thumbnail by ROBINDOG
Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

So cute! Is that a whip in Indiana Jones Grant's hands?

South Hamilton, MA

The power went off about 9:20 last night. Came on just before 6 standard time. Lucky it has been in the 50s overnight. I put on a sweatshirt in bed & was fairly comfortable. We have a very small radio which runs on batteries so could turn on WBZ in the morning & find that it had not hit Boston. No word of the loss on the news except traffic report than mentioned very few cars were coming from the north. Right people, there was a reason for that.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

I wonder what happened to the power, especially if there was a big region involved. Good thing it wasn't colder out, Lucy. Brrr!

It warmed up pretty well today too. Sky was grey and remained overcast all day. While planting the tray of heucheras into my front garden it was more comfortable in shirt sleeves at 3 pm. Encore, fire chief, brass lantern, cinnamon curls...boy has the heuchera world taken off.

Thomaston, CT

Good thing the temp wasn't in the 20s, Lucy! Rosemary, I love all those Coral Bells......some have outstanding fall color......Should hit 60 today.....warmer for the rest of the week....YAY!

South Hamilton, MA

55 bright sun

Thomaston, CT

Should be close to 70 today....enjoying this wonderful warmth....

South Hamilton, MA

63 & sunny. supposed to be near 70 today.

Thomaston, CT

It was 72 yesterday....only 65 today....really? I'll take it!

South Hamilton, MA

yes, 59 here. It is supposed to be warm until the weekend.

Thomaston, CT

Should hit 70 here again today....I slept with the window open last night....that must be a first for Nov!

South Hamilton, MA

71 partly overcast. Picked up the cider for the iris meeting tomorrow. Order crumb topped apple pie for Thanksgiving.

Thomaston, CT

Sounds like a fun meeting! Partly cloudy today, temp around 60 ...spoiled by yesterday's record breaking temp....75 in town!

South Hamilton, MA

We went to our iris meeting in Bedford MA today. Made it home by 5 pm. took us an hour to drive, difficult with DST to get home ok. 2 half gallons of cider & none came home. ☺

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

I hope to go to that someday. I can tell you about the weather above Boston last night because while flying home from Washington, turbulence was worst at about 8-10,000 feet, and stormy altogether in the skies. And to think, two days ago we had shirtsleeve weather. Today it is sunny and 51 in Lexington.

Thomaston, CT

Only 50 here today as well.....very spoiled from the warmer temps!

South Hamilton, MA

yes we don't often have temps that high in Nov. 40 right now.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

It is November and golfed Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. Other than the leaves, great weather.

Thomaston, CT

Fall fairways are nice & firm, giving you a great roll! Yeah, leaves are a problem....I was always in the rough somewhere! High was 60 today, & sunny...clouds starting to move in now.....

South Hamilton, MA

38 the high listed as 55 around 2pm. rain tomorrow or perhaps starting this evening.

Thomaston, CT

Very overcast....just waiting for the rain to start.....over a 1/2 is predicted.....we are in quite a drought for the area & really need it!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

we need the rain as well - sounds like we will be in the 1" range. With the wind I am hoping it knocks down most of the leaves that are left so I can begin the big rake.

South Hamilton, MA

43 right now. Fairly strong wind & I am not sure how much rain has fallen.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Yay! a real rain this morning.

Thomaston, CT

It's been raining on & off since 1:00 yesterday afternoon.......I welcome every drop!

Thomaston, CT

On the 6:00 news, the weatherman said the rain had left the state....when I went out at 10 with Nicki, I got wet....it's still raining! Very dreary, but my well is smiling!

South Hamilton, MA

3/4 of an inch of rain yesterday. Showers are predicted but not very much more. 48 & not going much higher.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

It is still drizzling here.

South Hamilton, MA

rain is missing us--goes north & south.

Thomaston, CT

It rained all day yesterday.....which was great....today, sun is out, temps in the 50s.....lots of wind!

South Hamilton, MA

58 partly cloudy & windy

Thomaston, CT

Temp will be in the 40s today with a sharp wind....

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Every time the wind picked up this morning, I went to work on clean up and bulbs in an open area of the garden. The bursts were 5-10 minutes apart. At the moment it is mid-forties and the sun is bright, less windy.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.