weather in the garden # 139

South Hamilton, MA

Right !

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

Friday golfed in shorts and a short sleeve shirt.

Saturday spent all day in the rain raking and in shorts.

Today raked all day in shorts.

Only have the backyard to rake - hope the snow holds off!!

South Hamilton, MA

If not, shorts to match?

Thomaston, CT

You're a hardy soul, Bill! It was 47 here.....sunny, but no shorts...jeans were fine!

Thomaston, CT

Cloudy & cold...31 ...this morning...now the sun is shining...going up to 40....rain moving in so I put a large pot of pea soup on the stove to cook today....

South Hamilton, MA

37 Up to 50 tomorrow? with rain?

Thomaston, CT

Freezing rain up at the farm.....none here.....son had to make the call on delay of school...I'm sure my grandkids helped with the decision! Yes, 50s tomorrow, then again on Sunday......will take all of that!

South Hamilton, MA

42 warmer on Sunday. It just sprinkled today--more rain predicted later in the week.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Just misty rain here. Temp in lower 40's all day.

South Hamilton, MA

40 overcast up to 47 later today, but just dropping 2 tonight.

Thomaston, CT

Rain, on & off all day....should pick up an inch.....

Thomaston, CT

Guess we picked up around a 1/2" of rain....all good for the welll....Today is pretty overcast right now, but clearing & mid 40s.....

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Sunny here today. yay!

South Hamilton, MA

43 clouds moving out. Even when it is cold, nicer when it is clear.

South Hamilton, MA

Fri. 45 sunny & best of all no wind.

Thomaston, CT

Mostly sunny today, high of 47...not too hard to take in Dec!

South Hamilton, MA

41 high of 47 ? sunny

Thomaston, CT

High of 53 today, sunny & really nice....spent the day at a baby shower, & picking my sister up from the hospital....she was in a car accident but is doing OK with a broken vertebra & must live with me for a few weeks.....

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Sorry your sister is injured, Marilyn. A speedy recovery is wished!

Weather is 48 and climbing. It was in mid 50s yesterday. We are way behind on collecting leaves and doing the end of the year tasks. There are always a lot of leaves on our property too. It's because of shoulder pain on my part which is slowing me down. We take the bags to the back yard and then DH runs them over with the lawn mower and I rake the fine pieces into the garden beds.

This ought to be one of the best days to do this, care for the trees and shrubs, and finally to circle all the pots of stuff that will overwinter in a somewhat protected area. These were the hardy ones that survived last winter when they were little starts. There were some that were probably wrongly rated as zone 6 also, including p. pinsapo aurea, which is a lovely little guy.

South Hamilton, MA

54 & partly cloudy DH has been outside, but I am still getting things together to wrap for mailing. All our family lives at a distance.

Your sister is lucky to have you to help, Marilyn.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Wishing your sister a speedy recovery. Hugs to you, Marilyn

A little warmer today.

South Hamilton, MA

47 predicted up to 50. colder tomorrow sunny

Thomaston, CT

Thanks so much for the kind words......Joan is getting a bit better every day....awesome weather today....55 & sunny...Rosemary, hope your shoulder gets better fast!

South Hamilton, MA

41 and a gloomy day.

Thomaston, CT

Funny day here...cloudy & 42 when I went to Sturbridge to meet friends......back in CT, around Storrs, sun is bright, temp is 47.....back in western CT, partly cloudy.....

Thomaston, CT

OK.. took me awhile to figure out where I am......high of 49 today, rain after midnight....

South Hamilton, MA

I see that they are messing up the threads again. Weather in the 40s today--50s tomorrow.

Thomaston, CT

yes, hard to find the thread I want! 62 & sunny here today....Yay!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Same here. Very time consuming trying to find things.
Warmish here today. Great!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

yep this is a mess - i hit skip to new and that is not where it brings me.

going to be a nice warm weekend - weird weather

Thomaston, CT

You have to press the last numeral shown, then hit the skip to end phrase.....fog was very heavy this morning, burned off, temps are now in the 50s......

Thomaston, CT

Was very sunny, now quite cloudy, but warm...in the 50s once again.....

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Here we are on the other side of site changes. You all look a little different!

It hit 60 here today, and sunny. More typical weather expected after cold front overnight.

Thomaston, CT

Close to 60 today......rain tomorrow?

South Hamilton, MA

high 50s I don't remember such a warm Dec. DH has been out cutting buckthorn & other brush. Watched football & both the Packers & Patriots won.

Thomaston, CT

Yay, Pats! This is the warmest Dec. I can remember......I'm sure it will break records....today's high was 58....tonight's low will be 50....wow!

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Ground is wet and the wind gusts, Upper 50s now but temp is climbing. My stinking hellebore already thought it was spring and the German iris shoots are coming up.

Thomaston, CT

The local news showed cherry blossoms out....eek! Nothing here except dandelions...temp was 58.....cooling down after tomorrow.....

Thomaston, CT

High of only 48 today....felt cold! Rain moving in, my joints are aching....

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

It was in high forties yesterday and then low thirties overnight, in between all the warmer weather. I am wondering if the weather changes are making my muscles tense up. Either that or not enough time working in the garden.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.