weather in the garden # 139

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

This new update is ridiculous. I sent a message in and came back and said they are working on fixing it. Obviously there was no testing done or it would not have been released.

I will be out of the loop for a while until this is fixed. Too many steps to take. Have a great Christmas!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

It IS a pain, but I'll keep trying.

Have a great Christmas as well!!

Kind of dampish today.

South Hamilton, MA

yes, the whole thing takes too long. Why should it stop in Oct. 40s here & rain predicted tonight.

Thomaston, CT

Seems the problem is fixed! We picked up a half of an inch of rain.....great for the well.....

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

working from home today and had to walk the yard to shake off snow from more than a few bending JM's. Good to finally see some white, looked like winter had missed us. hoping for a few more storms.

South Hamilton, MA

7-8 inches here. the nasty ( but pretty) wet stuff. One birch tree was so bent over that it blocked the driveway for the plow, so DH cut it.

Thomaston, CT

Looks like 4" here....very wet.....managed to get all the snow & ice off the drive that the plow couldn't get, so this morning, the drive is bare pavement, not an icy mess! Should melt some today & tomorrow......hope this is the last snow of the year!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Wanted to wake up and hear that school was canceled but it didn't even coat the grass here :(

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

Hi Jen hope all is well with you.

we ended up with maybe 4"

Thomaston, CT

We did, too....snowed again during the night & morning....another inch I shoveled off the drive......

South Hamilton, MA

Snow showers this morning. 34 Only going up a little bit. overcast

Thomaston, CT

Getting ready for the "Big Chill"....wish the forecasters wouldn't harp about it.......makes me nervous!

South Hamilton, MA

I think the 'high' was about 13 today. Colder tomorrow, warmer later in the week.

Thomaston, CT

It was 10 at 8:00 this morning.....too cold to venture out...hope the hydrangea buds don't freeze!

South Hamilton, MA

23 now at 11:45. only direction will be down according to the forecast.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

21 here and just back from xcountry skiing - will give it a go tomorrow

South Hamilton, MA

Did you run into a lot of wind? there is a strong one here.

Thomaston, CT

My deck thermometer read minus 18 this morning.....it was only in the 50s in the downstairs of my house....62 upstairs......I turned on all the lights, tv, oven....anything to generate heat.....

South Hamilton, MA

-3 at 9am. sunny. It was warm enough inside, didn't check the actual temp, somewhere in the 60s.

I see that they have improved the posting status on DG.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

not yesterday - trail is in the woods so protected from wind

-16 here this morning and was up to 1 degree by 10:30

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

I hear it was minus10 this morning in Central Mass. Single digits at best all day here. Please all stay warm and safe, all. I am resting by the fireplace with my dog

South Hamilton, MA

temperature reported on the way up

Thomaston, CT

By afternoon, the temp was 10 & the sun felt nice & warm....I started a fire in the fireplace at 10am, & babysat it until 9 pm....this morning it was -10 outside, 50s once again in the downstairs.....needless to say, I'm upstairs, trying to stay warm!

South Hamilton, MA

It is 3 this morning. One place predicts 27 by afternoon another says up to 40 thd afternoon. I prefer that one. ☺

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

was -10 her this AM

Thomaston, CT

UGH....slushy, freezy mess out there right now.....driveway was plowed about an hour ago, but lots of stuff left in drive.....hope it gets warmer so that it all melts off!

South Hamilton, MA

47 there has been rain after snow last night. High winds now & I hate that.

Thomaston, CT

One third of our town lost power yesterday evening, but luckily, I did not.....Temp yesterday was 53....today, 38-40...not bad...

South Hamilton, MA

No power loss here. 40 going up a couple more this afternoon. 'Normal' in the 20s & 30s tomorrow. Ground is visible under the feeder so perhaps the birds can enjoy the feed they have spilled.

Thomaston, CT

Carpenter working on my bath came yesterday with his camera....showed me a photo of an exotic bird that was in his yard yesterday morning....about the size of a pheasant, orange & black with a long, arching tail....very weird....there's Ripley's in Litchfield that raises exotic birds, but that would be a long flight for this guy......Temp in the 30s today, 40s-50s rest of week,,,YAY!

South Hamilton, MA

40 at 7am. going to 50 with rain showers. there is still snow to melt.

Thomaston, CT

Same here....beginning to smell like spring out there!

South Hamilton, MA

Warmer day up to 50+. So we were inside at an iris meeting all day.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

Was out doing a lot of jm trimming yesterday.

Thomaston, CT

Trimmed mine today! Looks much better......

South Hamilton, MA

39 sunny

Thomaston, CT

Cloudy & in the 30s for today....snow moving in by this afternoon....changing to freezing rain, then rain tomorrow....hope the power stays on!

South Hamilton, MA

38 overcast rain tomorrow

Thomaston, CT

Had 2" of wet, heavy snow...now it's raining....temp at 32....supposed to get warmer, very heavy rain coming tonight & tomorrow....

South Hamilton, MA

40 been raining all day. Melting the snow which was here. High winds predicted for tonight.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.