weather in the garden # 139

South Hamilton, MA

overcast, but 59. temperature going down throughout the day.

Thomaston, CT

I fell asleep at 2am when the winds finally died down...lots of lightning & thunder, pouring rain....warm, though, & not a trace of snow is left....yippee!

South Hamilton, MA

2 inches of rain since yesterday morning

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

It's a soggy mess.

Thomaston, CT

Just when all the snow was gone....it snowed last night! Never forecast...woke this morning to a white lawn & icy, snowy driveway....not happy.....

South Hamilton, MA

I can understand that. Rain last night & still high winds. Bright sun. 35 & only going up to 36.

Thomaston, CT

The squall that hit yesterday was only bad up here on the hill....in town, there was nothing! Today will be around 40, then 50s for the week.....my hyacinths are all up & my white hellebore is in bloom!

South Hamilton, MA

36 at 1pm. Bright sun. I think that I saw a bud on I. reticulata.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Tomorrow should be about 59. Will be spending some time outside.

Thomaston, CT

Temp hit 60 downtown, 58 up here......sat on the patio sipping an iced latte....couldn't do that last year....couldn't even find the patio!

South Hamilton, MA

Amen We don't need a winter like last year. 55 today/

South Hamilton, MA

45 at 7am. supposed to be 57 this afternoon. I hope so as it will go down to 30s & 40s the rest of the week.

Thomaston, CT

Yes, warm here this morning as well....Great Feb. weather.....hope March is as nice!

South Hamilton, MA

48 50 later this morning, then going down for some reason.

Thomaston, CT

Rain has stopped, sky is blue, windy, & temp is dropping here as well.....cold front moving in....snow for Friday? I certainly hope not!

Thomaston, CT

Last forecast last night said snow for SE CT....really? Didn't know I had moved, because it certainly is snowing out there!

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Snow? Nooo! Even with a sunny 50's day today, there are patches of snow.

Thomaston, CT

Temp says 55, but lots of clouds & a sharp wind....still, I need to go outside & pick up sticks! Glad to see our posts are back!

South Hamilton, MA

Perhaps 50s tomorrow.

Thomaston, CT

Temp should be around 60 today....have to do much more outside....just made a dent yesterday in the sticks that have fallen.....

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

picked up sticks this past weekend - now on to trimming bushes

South Hamilton, MA

48 going much higher. I should look into doing our 2 Austin rose bushes.

Thomaston, CT

Am hoping the 70 degree days last into next week, but I guess they're short-lived......am clearing out the veggie garden....going to get my peas in by St. Paddy's Day!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

My dad always used St. paddy's day as his guide for peas, too.

South Hamilton, MA

61 It will be in the 60s all day & then be colder. overcast

Thomaston, CT

Record breaking heat here....close to 80 in town, some towns were over 80....almost too hot to work outside, but I did clear a lot of the veggie garden off......also am spreading some compost from way down back....takes me forever to get it up the hill with my wheelie bin!

South Hamilton, MA

We use a tarp to move things. Easier to slide. the leaves go down to a pit in the fall & compost comes up the hill in the spring.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

So many branches to pick up. So much seared grass, fried hellebore leaves. Rain all yesterday and last night. It is still a wonder that the tender shoots can push through at all.

Thomaston, CT

I remember the tarp idea, Lucy....have no tarp, however! I'm not sure the soil would stay on, as my hill is quite steep....worth trying though....anything beats hauling the bin.....Partly cloudy, will be 60 today....

South Hamilton, MA

Pull from side to side on the path? Try with a small load. Heavy duty tarps as lighter than they used to be. DH is in his 80s & that s all he uses.

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

I hesitate to be the one to do such a thing from far away, but I only recently noticed that this forum has two separate threads with the same weather #139 title - and both threads are getting current activity.

If I could be so bold as to suggest starting a new thread - for this new oncoming spring? I'll start it, with your generous permission...

Thomaston, CT

Please do, VV....Temp around 60 today with sunny skies....perfect for gardening!

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

Consider it done. A new thread dubbed Weather in the Garden #140! is found here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1418592/

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.