Another Plant Sale

Dallas, TX

Not sure if this has already been posted. If so, won't hurt to repeat. It's very short notice.

Saturday, Oct. 3rd, 10 - 2, at the pavilion in Randol Mill Park in Arlington.

Sale benefits Native Plant Society of Texas. Josephine will have plants. I will be bringing pots. (As always, note the 's'.) There's a flyer but I don't remember the link. Maybe someone else will.

Frostweed, a neighbor gave me some pots today, including some clay ones. Should I bring them or not?

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Here's the link! http://www.txnativeplants.org/downloads/NPSOT-Fall-Sale-2015.pdf

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you Joan and Stephanie, I have been so busy and tired I didn't think about posting.
You two are so sweet to do it.
Joan, no clay pots please, but thank you for thinking of me.

Fort Worth, TX

My car has decided I am staying at home and my truck is in the shop getting its 40 year makeover. Ya'll have fun

Dallas, TX

We did have fun. Sorry you missed it, Gypsi. My plan was to take some pots (note the 's') to Josephine, buy a plant or 2, and head on back to Dallas. Good plan. Didn't work. Everyone was so friendly (duh, big surprise) that I stayed for quite some time. Only went over my budget by $4. I would say a good time was had by all. And hope that NPSOT made some $$. I'm sure Josephine must be exhausted!

Heads up. Mark your calendar now if you want to go on a butterfly adventure. Next Saturday, 10/10. I'll post a thread about it later.

Fort Worth, TX

butterfly adventure?

The sale went very well and we surpassed expectations even after having a sale the week prior.
I guess native plants are more popular than they used to be, and that is a good thing.

Thank you Joan, it was good to see you there, and thank you for the pots too.
I was surprised to see Stephanie and her friend, I hope they had a good time too.

All in all it was a great Day!!

Fort Worth, TX

I am glad. I have so many plants from RU waiting to go in the ground I couldn't have bought more anyway. Running out of ground!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I really enjoyed it. It was such a beautiful day for it as well! My friend had a good time, but blew her budget. I actually kept telling her, "I have some of that if you want it. I'll pot it up and give it to you!" I also told her much of what I have in my garden has come from Josephine and Sheila!

Thank you Stephanie, you are so nice.

Dallas, TX

Josephine, I know I can kill a plant. But I didn't think I could do it as quickly as today. I got a Chile Pequine on Saturday. Left it in the pot but set it out in the garden. Go out today and it was totally droopy and wilted. So I watered it. Figured that would perk it up. But when I checked on it later it still looked all wilted. I pulled it (gently, of course) out of the container to check the roots to make sure the water had reached them and it had. Maybe it will look better tomorrow. Any thoughts on the subject?

All I can say is I hope it recovers soon, you might put it in the shade for a while.

Dallas, TX

Thanks. Will do. I know it's hard to diagnose something without at a minimum seeing a picture. (I swear I'll have a camera by Halloween. Know just where to trick or treat.)
I might take another look at the roots and repot. Or maybe it's too soon?
Sadly, this is a 2 in 1 plant. It has a little bit of a wild violet plant in it. Also looking unhappy. For now, would it be better to let them co-exist or should I maybe separate them?

On a happier note, I'm delighted that NPSOT had such a successful sale.

I hope your plant recovers, if not, let me know. I wouldn't separate them now. Wait till they have recovered.

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

If plants are too dry for too long their vascular system collapses and they are no longer able to take up nutrients. This can happen really fast...especially in a small container with 2 plants. The leaves may fall off but if the stem is still green it could put on new leaves.

Dallas, TX

Everything is hunky dory. Just wasn't as quick as I had expected.

1lisac - Appreciate the info. This plant was in a gallon container and the 'extra' was very tiny. I guess it was just a slowpoke.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.