What is This Crowding out my Coralberry?

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

This big green thing has come up close to my Coralberry. Mark wants to cut it down and kill it, but if it's beneficial, I'll move it.

Coralberry in the first pic.
Mystery plant in 2nd pic.

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

It looks like it could be Privet, wait and see it it is evergreen, privet is evergreen and not a good plant, or maybe a sharper picture could help. in any case I would wait to be sure.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Will work on the picture tomorrow. Mark's been in the hospital all week and I'm running around like a crazy woman. LOL

Fort Worth, TX

Hope he gets better. And I will second on thinking that is a privet or another shrub spread by bird droppings. I have found most of those to grow big and fast

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Here are some close up pics of the leaves. They are kind of flimsy, not rigid like an oak leaf. They droop when it needs water.

Mark's doing better. Mark had an asthma attack that we couldn't control, so off he went in the ambulance. He's been on massive doses of steroids. One of the side effects of steroids is increasing blood sugar, so they are monitoring his blood sugar and giving him insulin as needed. He's down to the 230s. He was in the 400s a couple of days ago.

Fort Worth, TX

have you had crape myrtle planted near there before?

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I don't think it's a crepe myrtle. The leaves don't look like a crepe. The neighbors have one on the other side of their driveway and I think there was one on the corner of our house before we moved in 10 years ago.

Fort Worth, TX

well I'll go with the privet then.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

We'll get rid of it then. LOL

Fort Worth, TX

Easiest when it is small and doesn't take a chain saw.

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Yes, I think it is privet.
I am glad Mark is doing better.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I have told Mark that he has permission to remove it when he gets home and feels like it. He cannot, however, damage the coralberry under it!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.