As promised, more pics!

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

I took another walk around the gardens today and saw several plants that I thought y'all would enjoy seeing.
1) A split leaf philodendron that I planted in the ground two Springs ago. It;'s my husband's plant, so when he said, don't cover or protect it during the winter, I said OK! I really thought it wouldn't make it, but about June, it started coming up from the roots. It is on the South side of my house, where there is a tree overhead and our house and the neighbor's house are only 15' apart, so it's definitely in a warm microclimate.
2) Our Halloween guard dog with an unknown agave (if anyone knows what it is, let me know) and an Echeveria.
3) With all the rain we've had over the past year, my weeping yaupon holly has done very well. This year there are a LOT of berries. The birds are going to love it!
4) Tropical hibiscus 'Oliver'. This cultivar usually doesn't start blooming until the Fall. In Spring, it takes a while to recover from the winter, then won't bloom during the heat of summer. He's worth the wait.
5) Tropical hibiscus Erin Rachel. This is a great strong plant that blooms a lot.
Enjoy!
Barb

Thumbnail by Beach_Barbie Thumbnail by Beach_Barbie Thumbnail by Beach_Barbie Thumbnail by Beach_Barbie Thumbnail by Beach_Barbie
Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

Feed that dog!
The markings and color on TH ' Oliver ' are beautiful.

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

I've tried, but he wants to be a super model! Oy!
Oliver actually has a few more buds on the plant, so I'll be able to enjoy him for a while now. ;)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.