Best botanical garden in south Florida?

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I live in northwest Florida and am planning a winter trip to south Florida to get warm. If I had to pick just one of the multitude of great botanical gardens in south Florida to visit, which one should I pick?

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Hi.

Fairchild TropicalBotanical Gardens in the Miami area is absolutely astounding. Plan to spend a whole day there.

Morikami Japanese Gardens in Delray Beach (my home town) is also delightful. We usually visit the gardens in the morning and have lunch at their Japanese restaurant. An afternoon visit to Butterfly World in Coconut Creek (20 miles from there) rounds the day off well. Our visitors always enjoy such a day.

Mounts Botanical Gardens in West Palm Beach is also very nice.

Sylvain.

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Thanks Sylvain, I used to travel frequently to Ft Lauderdale on business and I've been to the butterfly garden, which I loved, but is was August, so very hot! :) Never had time to go all the way down to Miami, but I will definitely put it on my list.Thank you for the recommendations.

I asked Dave, well really Melody, about starting a travel blog but she said they had tried before and it didn't take off. I would love to have somewhere to post pics of botanical gardens I have visited and see pics from other Dave's members. Here are some of my favorites from Kanapaha Botanical Garden in Gainesville and Smith College in Northampton, Mass.

Thumbnail by flfwrs Thumbnail by flfwrs Thumbnail by flfwrs Thumbnail by flfwrs Thumbnail by flfwrs

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images