Working on this Bohemian shawl

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Doing it in the color of thread that I had but have the shown color coming in the mail. My niece and daughter both want one. Not hard to make but time consuming. Truly from the hippy era but I love it. The one shown in the bright colors is the one I am going to be making. The other is the one I am working on.
Update on this picture. I ripped most of it all out.

This message was edited Jul 22, 2016 10:04 AM

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

That will be beautiful!!!!

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

I can't wait to get the bright colored thread. I wish I had started with that color. My hands are really aching with the cold weather. Damn arthritis. Ruins everything.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Yes arthritis can be a joy killer. Lucky family to have you crafting away for them!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

oh my goodness!! That is gorgeous..... I love the Bohemian style of clothing (being a child born in the 50's, I grew up young in the 60's) I've been looking at the skirts and dresses, and now that I see this shawl I want it too!! It's done in thread? That would take almost a year to do, I think.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Nope, Its looks like thread but its a fine yarn that crochets like thread and the yarn is Deborah Norville Serenity Garden Gems yarn

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

what's the gauge?

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Tallulah,
Here is the link to make it.

There isn't a gauge as its free flowing and one size fits all.
If you want I can email you the file and pattern but it wont let me do it here.

http://www.yarnsupply.com/dn800-04.html?utm_source=dn800-04&utm_medium=googleshopping&utm_campaign=yarnsupplyfeed&gclid=Cj0KEQiAg7ayBRD8qqSGt-fj6uYBEiQAucjOwZAQ-7pMDqfsKBiKPP7Os74qa3_vHwvpqE9l3n7Dq_caAjss8P8HAQ

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Thank you GB (my name's Susan, btw)
I just think the multi-coloured yarn is so pretty and bright (shades of hippies!!!!)
It does show a gauge of 4" = 23 stitches over size 5 needles, so maybe I can change out a yarn I can find here, at Michael's!!

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Susan, If you will give me your email I will send you the pattern. It won't let me post it on here.
Jan

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Thank you, Jan - I got your D-mail
I have no idea how to crochet, however. I thought it was a knit pattern..........
it's all I can do to keep up with the crafts I can do - knit, quilt, embroider, and will learn how to weave on a floor loom......because a good friend gave me one

Victoria Harbour, ON

Jan, you say I never stop now look at you girl, what a gorgeous piece!

I if one can call it lucky suffer from same bi put in knee and hip, thank God my hands are ok so far

What a tremendous amount of work

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Wow!

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Here is the one that I am working on now for my Niece. Hope to have it done by Christmas. Love this yarn, it is like 6 strands of cotton thread. Love it.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader Thumbnail by Gourdbeader Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

I agree with the WOW. hands hurt, just thinking about all those stitches.

I would be afraid of constantly splitting the threads.... But that is so pretty.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Actually they don't split apart that easy, I had to really untwist to show you. But moving right along , Count the rows

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader

Are you on row 17? Love how this is coming out.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Hahaha Barb, I'm on row 25 now. Movin right along.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I found a bohemian vest that I'm making - in a yarn colour called "Campfire". It's burnt orange, burgundy, charcoal gray, charcoal black, and brown, with a bit of white thrown in. I guess it's fire & wood coloured.......?!?! Anyway, it's pretty.
Actually, the wool colours are sorta like this

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Very pretty Susan, keep us posted on that.
Jan love the shawl you're making, guess I should have made that plural as you're making two.

Susan, I love that design, especially the collar. So classic.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I think the scarf is separate? Not sure
Not sure that I'm doing the pattern correctly, so am knitting something else and will go back to it, later.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Scarf looks separate to me Susan, but you never know. Instruction always say to read through before starting but even though I know all the terms it all seems gibberish until I'm actually doing it.

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Jan I love that shawl!

Susan, your sweater is very pretty too.

Can't wait to see them finished.

Victoria Harbour, ON

I will be keeping an eye on finished project as well.

How is the shawl coming Jan? Will it be Christmas gift? Thinking of you and sending wishes for a very Merry Christmas....

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Well, its going a little slower than the other as the hook is a tad smaller and my hands have been giving me grief with all the cold and damp that we have been experiencing lately but its coming along. I still have about 15 rows to go.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader Thumbnail by Gourdbeader

That is looking really nice Jan.

l still say WOW!!! What a beauty......
Sorry to hear your hands are acting like mine.... I only do a small amount of handwork each day.....

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Very disappointed in how its all turning out. I told her that I was going to make her something else and she could use this as a shawl or wrap around skirt or what ever. It just went wacko somewhere and my hands aren't cooperating with me. Having more pain and I have so much that I want to accomplish. Wish there was a miracle cure for this darn arthritis

Sorry to hear your hands are bothering you! Arthritis sucks!

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

AMEN

It is too bad we can't do our crafts under a warm water bath!!!! Uncle Arthur is trying my patience too Jan and I also have so much I want to get done.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

It's hard getting to this time of life. We have the time to do the things we want and our bodies are being traitors.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

warm water bath - what a neat concept!!

I'm still working on my bohemian sweater. I've gotten the back, both sides, and one half of the collar done. Working on the 2nd half of the collar, then I have the cuffs to do. This will go down to my knees.
I started it in Nov. and only got about 10" of the back done. I ran through a bit of RL bother, and didn't do anything on the sweater until a month ago, now I'm going great guns!!
Really looking forward to getting it DONE!

Can't wait to see your project Susan!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Thanks - can't wait to finish it!!
It may take another week - we MOVE 1 week from today, and I have a LOT of packing to do........
May 31 at noon, we do a walk through, then our tenants are OUT!!

Yes, please share pics, Susan.

Ugh about the seizing up. I hate it. Move too much 'til you can't. Don't move and you can't either. What worked to feel better yesterday doesn't today but might tomorrow. Or not. I don't feel like I've got more time at this age and stage. My to do list is huge with carry overs that are decades old.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I will - couple of more days and it will be finished!

I hear ya about seizing up - can't win for losing lol

I have loads of UFO's (unfinished objects d'art lol)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.