Neglect may just be the answer!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

So, I haven't been the most diligent gardener this past year. No veggie garden this past Spring/Summer (unheard of!). Although one bed has been prepped, I haven't planted yet. But my herb garden is going wild! I have a Mexican Mint Marigold with so many blooms it's falling over. The Mexican Flame Vine (not an herb...) just kept growing & growing but I left it alone. Now it's beginning to flower. The chives need thinning. My lemon grass is thriving but should probably have a larger space to grow. Anyway, sometimes neglect is the best medicine for my plants!

Fort Worth, TX

What a beautiful garden!

My mexican flame vine needs to go back in the greenhouse for the winter. I had about 3 blooms all summer. Did I water too much? It is in about a 2 gallon pot

Dallas, TX

Very nice. Wish I had that much look with Mexican Mint Marigold. I just love to use it in tea.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

The MMM is also good on baked chicken along with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic & fresh lemon juice.
And Gypsi, I honestly don't know about watering it! Like I said, I accidentally got it to bloom!

Fort Worth, TX

I did some super bloom type fertilizer once and got about 3 blooms

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.