Stainless Steel water bowls ..............

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

Well .. I've heard it all now ..
Was told today that our dogs should not be drinking from a stainless steel bowl as it's bad for their teeth !!

Has anyone ever heard of this ?

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all the folks in the US :-)
Enjoy, and, be safe

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS
Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I just did a quick google and read 3 different sites... all say stainless is the best to use, but obviously needs to be washed often, as with any other bowls. The general consensus was NOT to use plastic as it harbors bacteria.

Thanks TCS .. I had thought that ..
Guess I should have done the 'google thing' as well :-)
With 3 dogs the water bowls are constantly being emptied washed and filled

Happy Thanksgiving :-)

~M~

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

about 5 yrs ago our cat had developed "chin acne" -- being new to cats, we had never heard of it... basically the whole bacteria thing and plastic dishes. Our vet, plus what we read on line all said to use stainless bowls.

I do wash all of them at least once per week; food and water for both cats and dogs.

(Patti) Wichita, KS(Zone 6b)

I have never heard of this. I love the stainless steel bowls. My lab has such bad backwash, he leaves a film in the dish. He has his own guaranteed not to scratch scrubber. LOL. I have to wash his bowls out daily. I also sterilize them with boiling water, just to be on the safe side.

Happy Thanksgiving!

We use stainless steel bowls for our pups food as well .. I put them in the dishwasher twice a week .. bug proof'em LoL

~M~

Cayuga, IN

I use stainless steel also, with 6 house dogs since I fill it 2x a day I wash with hot soapy water and a small amount of bleach every other day rinsing and filling with fresh cold water. Miniature Schnauzers and poodles...and 6 babies schnoodles born yesterday and the day b4.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.